News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: muddturtle13 on September 13, 2013, 03:10:07 PM
Well, that's obviously just the perils of playing Ranked?

My point is that if you really want to have a solid position you need a full team.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

Championship Thresh
i need RP, like now

Spell

*Was still hoping for championship Rumble*

Anyway I got a (low) leveled NA account, if anyone wants to play feel free to ask for my username
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

apygoos

Quote from: Spell on September 13, 2013, 05:59:56 PM
*Was still hoping for championship Rumble*

Anyway I got a (low) leveled NA account, if anyone wants to play feel free to ask for my username
any new Rumble skin is going to be at least legendary quality or higher.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on September 13, 2013, 02:07:32 PM
Yi was popular for a week after the changed, then people remembered that there's Zed and Khazix, and even Talon who far out preform Yi as an AD assassin.

As assassins, yes. As carries, not really. Zed, Kha'zix, Rengar, Xin Zhao, etc., these are guys that can dive into a team, kill someone hard or at least force them out of the fight, and then...they're kinda just meatshields for the carry to come in behind. Zed isn't even particularly scary if his ult's down.

The new Yi is just a stream of damage. He won't burst you down, but he will burn you down if you don't peel him off fast. Relatively high-scaling true damage + multi-hit passive + attack speed steroid makes for some significant damage on relatively few items, and if he actually gets fed he's a hell of a lot scarier than AP Yi ever was.

...but he's still Yi. Stun him once, aim a couple champions at him, he's toast.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

muddturtle13

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 13, 2013, 04:25:13 PM
My point is that if you really want to have a solid position you need a full team.
I can't even organize four of my real-life friends for drinks. I don't have that luxury.  :P

Sabby

I don't play this game, but I always unintentionally call it The League of Extraordinary Legends >.<

apygoos

so anyone fixing up to enjoy over nine hours of pro league?

Koyume

Quote from: apygoos on September 15, 2013, 11:18:20 AM
so anyone fixing up to enjoy over nine hours of pro league?

I am. I'm thinking of grabbing some coffee, playing a few ranked, then just lazing around all day watching the stream.

SakamotoHD

Sounds like good times. My ladder anxiety hurts too much.

The Golden Touch

I'll pass on the watching. Probably going to make some food and jump into some ARAM.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Sain

Shame that the streaming times are so awkward for Europeans...     Will only have time to see one or two matches.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Chris Brady

Quote from: E1Alpha on September 13, 2013, 12:56:40 PM
Ah, LoL... I can honestly admit, I've refused to play the game ever since the last Yi buff.
I was just... No... Just... I felt violated after seeing the changes they made to him... *sigh*

Oh, and for the record: Alistar for Support, all the way <3
I'm the same way, except for me, it's even MORE petty.  It's his animation set for me.  He no longer uses his sword in two hands, it's all one handed animations.  And I HATE those types of swordsmanship animations.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

I honestly don't know how you'd even notice something like that playing a normal game. xD

Though as I think about it, it seems sensible for a swordsman whose technique is more about speed than power. The way he moves his free arm as he swings seems rather fencing-influenced - counter-balancing and all that. Might've been neat if they had him go two-handed when he activates Wuju Style's true damage effect, though.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on September 16, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
I honestly don't know how you'd even notice something like that playing a normal game. xD

Maybe not Normal, but ARAM?  All the time.

Quote from: Shjade on September 16, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
Though as I think about it, it seems sensible for a swordsman whose technique is more about speed than power. The way he moves his free arm as he swings seems rather fencing-influenced - counter-balancing and all that. Might've been neat if they had him go two-handed when he activates Wuju Style's true damage effect, though.

Fencing is not a combat style it's a sport.  Designed around one on one match ups, with strict rules of engagement.  If you're not using a secondary weapon (shield, dagger, sword, wrapped cloak, gauntlet, whatever) then you're asking to be killed.  It's nice to think that by standing on one side, you minimize exposure, but you're forgetting that very rarely will you be facing an opponent straight on in an open field, where he/she has no backup trying to flank you.  Two handed weapons have always been for crowd control, and Yi's sword is too long to be used one handed, anyway.  Besides, Katana (which his weapon is supposed to be) is traditionally also a two handed weapon.

:P

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

Some of those things are true. I'm relatively sure fencing has been a combat style at points in the past; greatswords aren't used for combat these days either, after all, except in Ren Faire exhibition matches. If you're not using a gun, you're asking to be killed.

Considering Yi has exactly zero attacks that hit multiple targets via swinging his sword (Alpha Strike is essentially dashing through enemies, not swinging around them), two-handed doesn't make sense for "crowd control" for him either. Aesthetically, most things in the game are exaggerated - I think they actually made his sword larger with the rework, for some reason.

You're forgetting the most important point of all, however: if Yi wielded his sword in both hands, how could he easily draw the 5 other swords he's wearing if he needed them?
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 17, 2013, 12:48:21 AM
Fencing is not a combat style it's a sport.  Designed around one on one match ups, with strict rules of engagement.  If you're not using a secondary weapon (shield, dagger, sword, wrapped cloak, gauntlet, whatever) then you're asking to be killed.  It's nice to think that by standing on one side, you minimize exposure, but you're forgetting that very rarely will you be facing an opponent straight on in an open field, where he/she has no backup trying to flank you.  Two handed weapons have always been for crowd control, and Yi's sword is too long to be used one handed, anyway.  Besides, Katana (which his weapon is supposed to be) is traditionally also a two handed weapon.
:P

So glad this game is based on real combat.

Chris Brady

SakamotoHD

apygoos

SinXAzgard21

And season 3 ends with a rotflstomp of Royal.

apygoos

SKT T1 is..
Faker is god
the koreans dominate all.
i have NO idea how Fnatic lost to the royal club i saw today.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on October 05, 2013, 01:46:52 AM
SKT T1 is..
Faker is god
the koreans dominate all.
i have NO idea how Fnatic lost to the royal club i saw today.

They were yelling at one another during the match as well.  It was all sorts of bad moves after another.  I watch streams in each bracket and I have to say they were not playing like pros normally do.

apygoos

like..Dive a Zyra? Dive a Thresh AND J4? youre asking for death at that point.

Shjade

Even at pro-level tiers of play, 90% of LoL games seem to be determined by how much one team fucks up compared to the other rather than the 10% determined by one team straight up outplaying the other.
◕/◕'s