Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiraMirror

Well, I played for about 6 hours last night, so that says something.  About an hour and a half was spent on fishing.

SSB4 for 3DS is getting so close! October 3rd can't come soon enough.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Davion

Quote from: Dice on June 23, 2014, 12:57:22 PM
Race the sun is my addiction right now. I am getting dam good at it too. Other than that, Xcom... You stole my life...

Dat Enemy Within expansion. (Also "The Long War" mod if you use them, it's amazing)

Oreo

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on June 23, 2014, 12:58:26 PM
Well, I played for about 6 hours last night, so that says something.  About an hour and a half was spent on fishing.

SSB4 for 3DS is getting so close! October 3rd can't come soon enough.

*giggles* I loved the fishing too!! Especially the effects when fed to your pet.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

MiraMirror

I imagine the townsfolk must be somewhat confused when a ferret spontaneously explodes into chunks of gore to form a dragon...I'll admit, it's one of two games where I actually cared about the pets. =P

Oreo

OMG, I did too. I felt bad when I fed them the fish and wanted to assure them it was only for a little while.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

MiraMirror

Honestly, the game itself reminds me a lot of Diablo II, which I have found memories of, even if I only played it for a small amount of time. Of course, I'd love it even more if I could manage to find an orange-named polearm. :|

SinXAzgard21

If you are playing tourchlight 2 I recommend this mod synergies mod
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

CaptainNexus616

I want to play Ace Combat IV the Unsung War again. That was THE best flyer game ever. It had one of the best stories to a modern day game and a diverse set of aircraft....if you have a PS2 and you see it at a flea market. BUY. IT.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

HairyHeretic

*blows dust off the thread*

So, I just came across this today

http://www.pcgamer.com/mod-of-the-week-the-long-war-for-xcom/

Has anyone tried this?

I enjoyed the new XCOM, after I added the Enemy Within stuff, but expanding on that and making the game longer? Oh hell, yes :)

I haven't downloaded it yet (you need to register with the side first, though that seems to be free), but figured I'd check if anyone else here had experience with it already.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ack Arg

Returning after long... long hiatus. May be slow to find a rhythm.

Revelation

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 16, 2014, 01:18:31 PM
*blows dust off the thread*

So, I just came across this today

http://www.pcgamer.com/mod-of-the-week-the-long-war-for-xcom/

Has anyone tried this?

I enjoyed the new XCOM, after I added the Enemy Within stuff, but expanding on that and making the game longer? Oh hell, yes :)

I haven't downloaded it yet (you need to register with the side first, though that seems to be free), but figured I'd check if anyone else here had experience with it already.

I have played Long War, yes. Basically, if you want a game that feels a little more like oldschool X-com with more deployable soldiers and customization, you might like it. It's much harder than Enemy Within, and while some parts were kind of bullshit back in earlier versions, I feel it's more balanced now. If you want to try Firaxis's X-com with a new style and feel, Long War is definitely a good choice.

Zekromnomnom

Apparently ten pages have gone by since I checked this.

I've mostly been playing Fantasy Life and the new SSB. I've been waiting for the new pokemon games and I know I'll be playing those day and night.

If I still have money (since I'm about to go on an Amazon book buying spree in a few minutes) I think I'll pick up that Persona Q thing.

But as always, I still have a long list of games I've never beat.

SinXAzgard21

Dragon Age Inquisition
Lords of the Fallen
Valkyria Chronicles (steam port)
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

LuckyOwl

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on November 18, 2014, 09:55:16 AM
Apparently ten pages have gone by since I checked this.

I've mostly been playing Fantasy Life and the new SSB. I've been waiting for the new pokemon games and I know I'll be playing those day and night.

If I still have money (since I'm about to go on an Amazon book buying spree in a few minutes) I think I'll pick up that Persona Q thing.

But as always, I still have a long list of games I've never beat.

You. I like you.

SSB, FL and Pokémon. Can't wait for the 28th.
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

CaptainNexus616

Just bought the Just Cause bundle on sale on Steam nothing but pure chaos and I love it
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Ryven

Twisted Crow

Shadowrun returns. I want to play it's expansion though.

Shjade

Shadow of Mordor.

It just feels good. n.n

Also, new DLC just dropped adding a challenge mode and a female character skin (which I'd hoped for from the start, glee~). I currently have the #1 Elite score on the leaderboard. :D
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

consortium11

Quote from: Twisted Crow on November 19, 2014, 08:55:14 PM
Shadowrun returns. I want to play it's expansion though.

The expansion is brilliant; a clear improvement over the original in nearly every way.

Bloodied Porcelain

Got convinced to try out the 14 day trial of the re-release of FFXIV online.

No complaints thusfar... given the massive failure that was the original release and the fact that I was deeply, deeply disappointed given I was a die-hard FFXI online player for years before they started trying to make themselves in to a WoW wannabe and killed everything that made the game amazing.

14 online has taken all the things that were incredible about 11 and blended it with the good things WoW and other MMOs brought to the table and had blended them in to a visually stunning world with highly entertaining game play. I've only been playing for a few hours total but it's been enough that I think I may just have to buy the game on my next pay check (next Friday).
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Saiyuri

CaptainNexus616

With so many great games practically costing nothing now on the PS3 I have picked up a few good ones....BUT PLEASE DO NOT BUY DARKVOID. You will scratch your head at the plot. And think of the Gameplay as Gears of War with a Jetpack. It's not worth it.

Twisted Crow

I'm surprised by how Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold holds up with me to this day. Picked it up at GS, it is a rare gem to see now.

Sel Nar

Been replaying Assassin's Creed IV. It's arguably more fun just to sail around at my own leisure and be a pirate than any other game I've played in the last year.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sel Nar on November 22, 2014, 10:51:25 AM
Been replaying Assassin's Creed IV. It's arguably more fun just to sail around at my own leisure and be a pirate than any other game I've played in the last year.
Best grimdark remake of Sid Meier's Pirates! Ever. :3
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.