A Killbot of Mars [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] (FULL)

Started by ThisOneGal, February 01, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 06, 2016, 10:33:37 PM

EDIT 2: I was bored and threw together icons for your dudes: http://imgur.com/a/YCiOc
PLOT TWIST: There are actually three Janes.

...tho seriously I'll probably go with the first one. Thanks!

wander

Awesome stuff! ^^

Pretty glad this is picking up some steam and happening... We got a really good group here, I can tell. :)

AndyZ

I just noticed that the Situational Awareness should be removed because Krysta doesn't have that one anymore.

Also, if Martian is being combined into one trait (awesome!) I should try to figure out one that would work as the third.  Maybe something that works with Too Sexy For Her Own Good, if that's even feasible in a setup with everyone being beautiful.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Wander: just found you the right morph trait.

Manipulators (Description)
The morph has multiple limbs, wrist-mounted tools, fractal branching fingers, a prehensile tail, or some other
augmentation  that  permits  types  of  manipulation  other  morphs  couldn't  attempt.  Examples  include  an  octomorph holding 8 things at once, someone with wrist-mounted tools making a hardware roll while otherwise without gear, or a bot withfractal branching digits slowly taking something apart at the molecular scale.

Not that it makes a huge difference, but there you go ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

FarFetched

Quote from: AndyZ on February 07, 2016, 10:34:00 AM
I just noticed that the Situational Awareness should be removed because Krysta doesn't have that one anymore.

Also, if Martian is being combined into one trait (awesome!) I should try to figure out one that would work as the third.  Maybe something that works with Too Sexy For Her Own Good, if that's even feasible in a setup with everyone being beautiful.
Honestly; unless your char is a pleasure pod it's hard to really justify being the 'hottest thing on the fire planet' without at least a little tongue-in-cheek.

AndyZ

Yeah, I never imagined her as hottest, just a little something extra to turn heads.  The idea ultimately may not work, though, which is okay.

wander

Quote from: AndyZ on February 07, 2016, 10:39:18 AM
Wander: just found you the right morph trait.

Manipulators (Description)
The morph has multiple limbs, wrist-mounted tools, fractal branching fingers, a prehensile tail, or some other
augmentation  that  permits  types  of  manipulation  other  morphs  couldn't  attempt.  Examples  include  an  octomorph holding 8 things at once, someone with wrist-mounted tools making a hardware roll while otherwise without gear, or a bot withfractal branching digits slowly taking something apart at the molecular scale.

Not that it makes a huge difference, but there you go ^_^

Cool, they have Fractal Fingers already however, which is this beauty straight from GITS;

And I think reading the above for Manipulators that Fractal Fingers pretty much covers what I need (to do what the above gif is doing on that ol' keyboard there ^^).

ThisOneGal

Fractal digits are go further than that; you can use them to pick up individual nanobots. That is a slow as fuck process though. It's like an hour to clean a square inch.

AndyZ

I only saw GITS a few years ago, having played Shadowrun way back on the old Sega Genesis.  It was cool to see one piece of tech that I hadn't seen before.  (Granted, because it was outdated by the time the Matrix was a thing.)

FarFetched

What has transhumanity DONE?

AndyZ

So two random thoughts:

How well does sharing lifestyles work?  Like, who all would be interested in pooling resources to get a house?  Not an absolute necessity by any means, but could be fun.

Secondly, is there the equivalent of a Martian RV?  Something we can rent out for road trips?

For the third morph trait, I'm thinking Clean Metabolism, possibly combined with Scent Alteration to make her smell like peaches and cream if that'd be allowed.

FarFetched

Quote from: AndyZ on February 07, 2016, 05:18:40 PM
How well does sharing lifestyles work?  Like, who all would be interested in pooling resources to get a house?  Not an absolute necessity by any means, but could be fun.
That is one of the last things Jane would ever do ICly from her starting demeanor. It would take a lot of clever coaxing to get her to do otherwise.

Secondly, is there the equivalent of a Martian RV?  Something we can rent out for road trips?
Not that I know of- the closest thing would probably be a space-ship.

For the third morph trait, I'm thinking Clean Metabolism, possibly combined with Scent Alteration to make her smell like peaches and cream if that'd be allowed.
I don't know if the makers of Fury would bother making the genetically modified super-soldiers smell nice, but they'd definitely care about making sure they processed food right.

ThisOneGal

Lifestyle stuff is pure fluff, so you can do whatever you want.

QuoteSecondly, is there the equivalent of a Martian RV?  Something we can rent out for road trips?

Sure. If you want a reference, combine the Mars Buggy from EP pg. 344 with the Crasher Truck from Gatecrashing pg. 163.

Mars Buggy

Mars Buggy: One of the most ubiquitous vehicles
on Mars is the so-called Mars buggy, a four-wheeled
vehicle with large balloon tires that is designed for
use both on roads and on almost any terrain. Mars
buggies can travel at speed of up to 110 kph on roads,
90 kph over relatively flat terrain, and up to 40 kph
on jagged and rocky terrain. They can maintain these
speeds because smart materials in both the suspension
and the tires reshape themselves to adapt to uneven
conditions and their nuclear batteries give them an
effectively unlimited range. Most Mars buggies are
enclosed but unpressurized. Similar vehicles are used
on Luna and Titan, however, though the passenger
compartments of these vehicles includes life support
gear that provides the occupants with air for at least
100 hours. Buggies are powered by nuclear batteries
and come in a variety of sizes, from small two-person
buggies to large trucks. Mars buggies come equipped
with headlights, radio boosters, and a vehicle radar
system. [High]

Crasher Truck

This vehicle is designed as a less expensive version of
the GEV (p. 348, EP). It possesses all of the capa-
bilities and equipment found on the GEV, except
that it lacks the metallic-hydrogen rocket and thus is
incapable of movement in space. However, its smart
matter mobility system allows it to move over land
with either wheels or legs and both on and under the
water. It is designed to operate as long as its nuclear
battery functions.
For gatecrashers who cannot afford a GEV, a
crasher truck is the safest and most well equipped
option. A crasher truck’s life support system functions
for three months without any external inputs and, like
the GEV, this vehicle’s life support system functions
indefinitely if the characters have access to any source
of hydrogen and oxygen (including either ice or thin
poisonous atmospheres).[High]

GEV

General Exploration Vehicle (GEV): A GEV is one
of the standard vehicles used for exploration beyond
the Pandora gates. It is specifically designed to handle
almost any environment. It is a boxy vehicle, 6 meters
long, 2.2 meters wide, and 2 meters high. It makes
extensive use of smart matter in the lower part of the
chassis, and can create wheels or short legs (primarily
useful for exceedingly rough terrain). It can even
produce limited hull streamlining and propulsion
suitable for travel both on and underwater. In addi-
tion, it contains a small metallic hydrogen engine that
allow it to maneuver in space with an acceleration of
up to 0.1 G. GEVs have a Maximum Velocity of 200
(wheeled)/40 (walker)/60 (sea)/40 (submerged).
The GEV also has a closed cycle life support system
that can support up to 6 (fairly cramped) living
occupants for up to one month and limited electro-
magnetic shielding against charged particle radiation.
All models are fitted with advanced AI piloting and
navigation as well as limited self-repair capacity. In
addition, GEV’s have an extensible airlock, a single
healing vat, several desktop CMs, and a variety of
sensors, including both radar and telescopic full spec-
trum cameras.

QuoteFor the third morph trait, I'm thinking Clean Metabolism, possibly combined with Scent Alteration to make her smell like peaches and cream if that'd be allowed.

That sounds fine. In general:

Stunt = +2 bonus in certain contexts / Do something really cool once per session / Use a skill in an unusual way.
Trait = Can Invoke/Compel Morph Core Aspect in additional contexts.
Description = Pure RP with no mechanical benefit.

So:
If you just want to describe your morph as smelling like peaches and cream, you can just say so.
If you want to be able to Invoke it for benefit or Compel it for a Fate Point, it needs to be a Trait.
If you want to be able to get a +2 bonus without paying a Fate Point, it needs to be a stunt.

I'm willing to be flexible on the number of custom traits your morph has; a lot of the stuff you can get is pretty cheap, so the primary purpose of the limit is to a) focus on what really matters and b) to ease the overhead the GM has to deal with.

Quote from: FarFetched on February 07, 2016, 05:41:14 PM
I don't know if the makers of Fury would bother making the genetically modified super-soldiers smell nice, but they'd definitely care about making sure they processed food right.

Its worth pointing out that one of the benefits of using a Fury over something like a Reaper is that they generally appear to be just normal expensive biomorphs. So having them modified to smell nice so they don't stand out at hyperelite social events where they're acting as security is reasonable.

Remade are creepy looking and having killbots hanging around sends the wrong message, but having security sleeved into Furies just means there's a few more hot chicks hanging around.

AndyZ

My main reason for asking about the lifestyle is because I thought I read something before about Firewall wanting agents to be separate, but couldn't find much about that.

Forklift would almost certainly life with or at least near Krysta, and I imagine Jane wouldn't and Antimony doesn't know any of us yet.  For the rest, it's up to y'all.

Come to think of it...ThisOneGal, how distant are the two cities that we're thinking of starting in?

I could see smelling like peaches and cream providing a penalty to being tracked by scent, but not sure how else it'd be affected.

Although I considered a built-in laser, it seems more likely that she'd just have a holster on her hip most of the time.  Even if she's in a situation where you have to check your weapons at the door, though, she's far from helpless.

I'm not really sure what else would make a good trait, since Too Sexy For Her Own Good doesn't seem as viable.  Nor do I know what to suggest for Gear.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AndyZ on February 07, 2016, 06:06:07 PM
Come to think of it...ThisOneGal, how distant are the two cities that we're thinking of starting in?

Roughly 2,500 kilometers. 8 ish hours by air, 14 ish hours to drive.

QuoteI'm not really sure what else would make a good trait, since Too Sexy For Her Own Good doesn't seem as viable.  Nor do I know what to suggest for Gear.

I assume you mean Aspect, not Trait. How about 'Oversexed' or 'Hypersexualized' instead of 'Too Sexy For Her Own Good'?
Morph Aspects can also cover their history/use, so 'Just Another Body' would work, given how Hachi treats them.

As for Traits, the three custom ones are optional; you don't need them if you don't want them/can't think of anything for them.

More or less the same for gear; You don't need it, but if you want to specify what sort of guns/armor/widgets you're carrying, put those there.

AndyZ

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 07, 2016, 06:21:22 PM
Roughly 2,500 kilometers. 8 ish hours by air, 14 ish hours to drive.

Crikey.

I assume you mean Aspect, not Trait. How about 'Oversexed' or 'Hypersexualized' instead of 'Too Sexy For Her Own Good'?
Morph Aspects can also cover their history/use, so 'Just Another Body' would work, given how Hachi treats them.

I like to think that she doesn't try to get them destroyed, but is much more open and accepting about the inevitable occurrence than most people are.

Even though she's not a pleasure bot, I do like to think that she's designed with a few such things in mind. 

QuoteAs for Traits, the three custom ones are optional; you don't need them if you don't want them/can't think of anything for them.

I think that Circadian Regulation, Environmental Adaptation (Martian), and Scent Alteration (Peaches and Cream) will work great for those.

More or less the same for gear; You don't need it, but if you want to specify what sort of guns/armor/widgets you're carrying, put those there.

Most likely some sort of laser pistol and some sort of light armor.

Should I just mention what to change, or make a new sheet with the various changes so that you can copy and paste it?

ThisOneGal

It's easiest for me if you:

Quote this one: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243890.msg12052546#msg12052546
Remove the quote stuff.
Copy it into your existing sheet.
Make your changes.

Then all I have to do is copy paste your stuff into the Meta thread.

EDIT: Also, the Titan Quarantine Zone is huge and Google Mars is a pain to work with. http://i.imgur.com/R5ntEcG.png

EDIT 2: Ah, this is super useful: http://eclipsephase.com/comment/9318#comment-9318

Also this: http://eclipsephase.com/mars-elevation-map

AndyZ

Marking this so I don't accidentally continue to use it.
AndyZ

Info

HandleHachi
NameKrysta
FactionExtropian
Background  Bodyguard
Refresh2

Aspects

High Concept  Bodyguard and Protector
TroubleHero Complex
Other 1Lead by the Heart
Other 2Loyal to a Fault

Skills
+4 Athletics, Shoot
+3 Civ Rep, Notice, Somatics
+2 Credit, Eye Rep, Fight
+1 Provoke, Rapport, Willpower, X-Risks

Stunts
Ego +2 Skill Points
Ego Willpower Brave
Morph Reflex Boosters
Gear Underbarrel Seeker Launcher
Refresh
Refresh

Brave
You don’t scare easily, and will face threats, intimidation, and certain bodily harm without flinching. You gain +2 with rolling to defend against intimidation and similar manipulation.

Reflex Boosters
The morph has lightning reflexes and is physically fast thanks to modifications to its nervous system, adrenal glands, or, if a synth, to its neural circuitry.
You can activate reflex boosters to gain a +2 to physical actions where enhanced neural speed and reaction time come into play.

Underbarrel Seeker Launcher
You have an underbarrel cradle for antipersonnel micromissiles. Once per conflict, you can designate one of your  Shoot  attacks  as  an  explosive  micromissile.  Everyone  in  the  zone  you  pick  defends  against  this  attack  (see Attacking with Explosives, p. XX). Although explosive, this isn't a devastating attack.

Morph

AspectsFutanari Fury; Too Sexy For Her Own Good
TraitsEssential Biomorph Traits
Custom Traits Circadian Regulation, Clean Metabolism, Environmental Adaptation (Martian), and Scent Alteration (Peaches and Cream)
StuntsArmor, Enhanced Senses, Medichines, Reflex Boosters, Structural Enhancement
DurabilityGood (+3)
Stress Boxes4-Stress
Refresh1
Cred/Civ Rep Cost  Great (+4)

Muse
Name Smiley
+2 Infosec
+1 Investigate
Stress Boxes 2-Stress

Gear
* Gear of note goes here.

Background
Background

Summary
* Optional
* A brief summary of your character.

Motivations
* Optional. See Eclipse Phase core rules for examples.

Full Background
Krysta has an interesting perspective on pain.  She's died a total of seven times, and remembers each one in detail.  Two of those were a desire to see what a particular experience was like: suffocating in the vacuum of space and falling from a tremendous height.

It's not something that most people are willing to deal with, but her acceptance of it makes her a valuable commodity in a system where the only safety comes from the sweat and toil of those willing to accept and deal with pain.

Her existence tends to be that of a bodyguard, dying to keep others alive.  The pay tends to be very good, you make all kinds of friends, and she gets to experience a part of existence that most people aren't willing to handle.  Does it make her crazy that she considers that fun?

Anyone who spends more than a few days with her soon learns that she's impeccably loyal.  Death has no permanence anymore, but the bonds of one's word and the value of credits all maintain a strong power in the current age.  So long as her Cortical Stack is retrieved, all is well.

The sharp contrast to the loyalty of spoken words is her capricious heart, and any who spend the night with her should understand that her passion burns brightly but can fade just as quickly.  After a few failed attempts at romance, she's learned that she just can't maintain any sort of natural relationship, and often finds herself between the legs of anyone who catches her eye and shows interest in the pleasure that two bodies can share.

Of all the morphs she's tried out, her favorite is that of a Fury with a Futanari aspect.  Not only does she feel uncomfortable with the bulk and size of a male form, but the excessive amounts of testosterone cause the known problems of hyper-aggression which are beyond her control.  By contrast, while female bodies feel comfortable enough, sex in them just doesn't seem to be quite as enjoyable in her experience as when she's futanari.

Krysta works well with Firewall due to a natural desire to keep transhumanity safe, loyalty to her species and a willingness to die for the good of all.

Her handle, Hachi, is the Japanese word for eight, based on the saying "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

Plot Hooks
* Optional
* Stuff you want to see developed in game.

Relationships
* Optional
* Connections to the other PCs
* Connections to NPCs

Invokes and Compels

Optional
What you expect your Aspects to be used for.
This is not the be-all and end-all of them, but are guidelines.

Stress and Consequences

Ego Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ]
Morph Stress1[ ] 2[ ] 3[ ] 4[ ]
Muse Stress1[ ] 2[ ]
Mild Consequence (2)---
Moderate Consequence (4)  ---
Major Consequence (6)---

Kinks
Krysta is really only interested in females, and does a terrible job at attempting any sorts of actual relationships.  None of that seriously affects her lusts, though, and most people who end up with her understand that a serious relationship isn't going to form as a result.

Sometimes, though, she likes to play around.  The System is a serious and unforgiving place in her experience, and the chance to escape into fantasy (dressing up, dominatrices, etc.) can be fun and stress-relieving.

Not sure which of these 4 would be best for invokes and compels.

Also unsure for gear, but I've been reading through the options.  Could I put an underbarrel seeker launcher on an agonizer?  Are agonizers even any good?

ThisOneGal

I meant for you to edit this post https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243731.msg12044606#msg12044606 but it's fine. :P

QuoteNot sure which of these 4 would be best for invokes and compels.

It doesn't super matter, but I'd roll with "Circadian Regulation, Clean Metabolism, Environmental Adaptation (Martian)" and just have "Scent Alteration (Peaches and Cream)" be a descriptive element.
EDIT: I'm fine with you going with all four though, since Clean Metabolism and Scent Alteration are pretty minor things.

QuoteAlso unsure for gear, but I've been reading through the options.

Keep in mind, the Gear section is mostly there so we don't run into a situation where you think you have something that I don't think you have.

QuoteCould I put an underbarrel seeker launcher on an agonizer?

If you want.

QuoteAre agonizers even any good?

In the FATE rules, all weapons are pretty much equal mechanically. How 'good' it is depends on what you expect to do with it. Asking which weapon is best is like asking which tool is best; it depends on what you're trying to do. (To an extent, it also depends on how creative you think you can get with placing Aspects via Create an Advantage).

You can also have more than one weapon if you like. The character I created didn't have any 'cause that wasn't her style, but I expect Jane to be a walking armory.

ThisOneGal

Hmm. Been poking around the scenario I'm considering running, and there's enough travel that people who want to be based out of Elysium and the like should be fine.

This has changed because I've been poking around distances and travel speeds on Mars. Mars is small enough that you can get pretty much anywhere in a day or two (voiding weather, security, etc.).

Also, I require the following from everyone:

* How long you've been with Firewall. For simplicity, I'm gonna require that all PCs are familiar with the organization. You can be a veteran or as green as you desire. Bonus points if you can tell me your relationship with the organization, but right now all I need is how long you've been with them.

* Where your PC is based and their IC explanation for traveling a lot.

For the sake of building up the setting, most stuff will happen in VNS and NQ, but there will be visits to other places. (The intro scenario will likely have the most travelling, simply because I'm modifying an existing adventure).

EDIT: Derped up my math. Straight line travel times can range up to 2 weeks. Still, you can get pretty much anywhere via air in a day or so if you're willing to pay. Sub orbital transfers can probably bring this down to a few hours.

Anyway, end result is you can be based anywhere on Mars you want. Martian orbit is pushing it.

FarFetched

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 07, 2016, 09:57:57 PM
* How long you've been with Firewall. For simplicity, I'm gonna require that all PCs are familiar with the organization. You can be a veteran or as green as you desire. Bonus points if you can tell me your relationship with the organization, but right now all I need is how long you've been with them.
Jane has only been with Firewall for 6 Months, and has 5 missions under her belt. Within her server, she's known for completing missions without fuss, though her psych evals are becoming increasingly worrying. Her Gender isn't a public thing, nor what she looks like inside her Battlesuit. Only her Proxy and some of the server's routers are privy to that information.

Jane lives in a dirty, low-income flat in Little Shanghai with little more than a bed and bath. Her day-job is doing guard work for the Jovian Embassy, but it's on a weekly-contract basis. She doesn't need to justify her comings and goings to anyone, and due to her personality people aren't too keen to ask.

EDIT: Added gear to character. It doesn't include all the things on the Battlesuit, but that's covered in it's appearance. Jane has... many gun. Several Knife.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on February 06, 2016, 10:33:37 PM
Alright, everyone's character's can be found here in a semi-standardized format: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243890.msg12052499#msg12052499

Seeing as a lot of people seem to be taking something like it, I'm willing to allow 'Environmental Adaptation (Martian)' as a morph trait.

In that case, I'll definitely be taking that one. ^^ And since that leaves me with one slot open, I think I'll fill it out with Mnemonic Augmentation for my final morph trait.

Hmm. Been poking around the scenario I'm considering running, and there's enough travel that people who want to be based out of Elysium and the like should be fine.

This has changed because I've been poking around distances and travel speeds on Mars. Mars is small enough that you can get pretty much anywhere in a day or two (voiding weather, security, etc.).

Also, I require the following from everyone:

Antimony likely hasn't been with Firewall for more than a few months.  Enough time to get settled in with the new life they've helped her acquire, but she's still extremely new to the organization and hasn't actually been sent out on any missions yet.

As for her relationship with the organization...  She's perfectly happy to work for Firewall, but as I said in her backstory, she tends to make the more conservative elements within it nervous.  Her Loyalty aspect says it all, really; 'Legacy of the TITANs'.  She's a limited AI with boosted learning and self-improvement capabilities who bootstrapped herself up to AGI levels and then came into contact with a strain of the Exsurgent Virus.  She's probably being watched carefully for signs that she might be following in the TITANs' footsteps, but so long as she doesn't show signs of that, she's too useful to keep locked away in cold storage.

For the sake of building up the setting, most stuff will happen in VNS and NQ, but there will be visits to other places. (The intro scenario will likely have the most travelling, simply because I'm modifying an existing adventure).

EDIT: Derped up my math. Straight line travel times can range up to 2 weeks. Still, you can get pretty much anywhere via air in a day or so if you're willing to pay. Sub orbital transfers can probably bring this down to a few hours.

Anyway, end result is you can be based anywhere on Mars you want. Martian orbit is pushing it.

Noctis-Qianjiao, and her cover identity is that she's a call girl for an escort agency that's secretly owned by Firewall, so it isn't that strange for her to set off around the various cities on Mars to meet up with long-distance clients (or for them to pay for airline tickets, since a two-week transit time can be a bit much).

FarFetched

I was bored, so I made sample header-texts for us to use (if, of course, Onegal hasn't made any already XD). They are best used with the icons Onegal made for us. Do these look alright, Onegal?

TRUNCATED

ThisOneGal

There's already one in the Meta thread. :P

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243890.msg12052499#msg12052499

We can add Location/Content tags if people want, but I've never found them useful. Mostly they just say 'With Everyone Else/Doing what Everyone is Doing'. Maybe if the party splits up a lot they're useful?

FarFetched