News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What can change the nature of a man?

Started by Jefepato, April 28, 2006, 11:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixBlaze

Has anyone mentioned women here yet? If so forgive me, but I think women have a profound effect on man, whether it is negative or positive. I've seen alot of asshole men who thought they were the stuff, only to be knocked down a notch or two by a women, which is good of course I hate stuck up people. As said before children do it as well, I know this because I use to work in a daycare when I was alot younger. Science yes in a way at least of how man does certain things, and physically I suppose so far as medicine, etc. But I think the biggest thing that changes the nature in a man is life itself, because things are constantly changing, and most people choose to change with it. So that's my two cents.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Purple

Someone mentioned having a child...losing or almost losing a child or their spouse (or both) can also profoundly affect man.

Abuse, success, any number of things.  One of the greatest things about humans is that we can change, that we are adaptable.

And not to start up the hatred thing again, but regarding Margaret Thatcher, etc.  Great, strong, wonderful woman.  And if I had been in her position, I would hope that I would have done the same.  War isn't created by man (males), war is created by hatred and fear, and women are equally capable (if not more so considering all the women that I know) of such emotions.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Lilian

I wouldnt know how woman change man. I havent had one yet. T.T

ZK

As for the chocolate thing? I prefer strawberry... then again, I'm ZK. I'm always outside the norm! *bounces around*
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Lilian

A good freind of mine (who was a girl), couldn't really have chocolate.. she loved strawberry cheesecake though, and I think you'll find a winner there. ;)

littlelostlaney

Okay, a huge while back someone suggested that men stop developing artificial wombs, and I just wanted to beg them to reconsider (If technology can do it for me, that would be great).

Also, are we saying change the nature of A man, or of Men in general?

Because I think personal epiphanies (whether they're brought about by religious experience, a close up view of the horrors of war, the love of a good woman/man/cat/rosebush/etc, or the act of becoming a parent) certainly can change the nature of person. I think introspection combined with sheer force of will can change a man. And I think that almost all major changes in adult individuals come about from a combination of both external and internal forces.

Humankind, however, seems to require impetus for change from both external and internal forces as well (albeit they tend to be major technological advances, philosophical and social movements, epidemics, natural disasters, tyranny, etc). My question on the subject is where does societal change originate? With individuals, or with the majority?

Swedish Steel

With individuals. The majority is to stupid.  :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

robitusinz

Man's nature is dictated by his environment.  It constantly influences him.  I used to be a very jovial, deeply religious person, until I moved from my hometown of Miami, FL to Rochester, Minnesota.  The complete change in culture and "the way things are" really openned my eyes to a lot of the world.  My interactions with other people slowly changed the way I initiated contact with others.

All in all, I think where you are influences you greatly, to the point where prolonged exposure could easily change your most basic thoughts, feelings and instincts.
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.