Evil Industries: Needing Replacements (eventually)

Started by GloomCookie, August 04, 2011, 11:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Name: Dr. Marcus Maximillian Von Vanderburg
Type: Technical - Quantum Physicist
Bio: Marcus was born in Germany, the child of a pair of absentee aristocrats who spent years abroad travelling and vacationing without so much as a thought for their son. He was raised by servants, nurses, and tutors, to the point where he could barely recognize his blood parents in photographs. A genius of unparallelled caliber, he was speaking complete sentences before he could walk, and was obtaining college-level degrees before he began puberty. This meteoric self-education, combined with the natural subservience of every human being he grew up around, did little to curb his attitude or instil even the slightest measure of humility in him - when his parents finally died in a freak hurricane-hang-gliding accident and left him the heir to their fortune, the only change was that he now had the riches to pursue all of his arcane interests. Vast sums went into cutting-edge equipment and expensive materials, as Marcus plumbed the depths of knowledge beyond anything Man dared to explore. Theories long-discarded by 'legitimate' science or not even dreamed of were his fodder, from teleportation to molecular conversion.

When he was 23, he built what he intended to be a time machine, simply for the novelty of it, and based on principles he had discovered and greedily kept to himself. On paper, it functioned perfectly. When fired, he found he had 'time travelled' only in the sense of vanishing from reality for a full year while experiencing only a blink and reappearing in the same spot. More notably, though he did not discover this for a time, some side effect of the trip had rendered him partially outside time - he now aged physically at a quarter of the rate normal humans did. Sadly, this was the last straw to crack his sanity and instil his belief in having become an Ubermensch. His experiments continued for years, steadily draining his resources while drifting further and further away from anything human science considered possible. Eventually he ran out of money entirely, but rather than give up his work, began selling his inventions to anyone who would buy them - usually criminals and despots who only cared for the horrors they could do, rather than the principles they ran on. Even his failures made for good money to the scum of the earth, and with time, he eventually found himself in a lab complex of Evil Industries with an unlimited line of credit and free reign to build anything he could dream of.

Personality: Loony. Wacky. Several knives short of a silverware drawer. Unhinged. Nuts. Off the deep end. If it's a synonym for 'insane' and you can name it, it applies to Dr. Vanderburg. It's debatable whether he even recognizes other people as fellow human beings, with his inconsistent and unpredictable modes of address. Most of his time is spent in his laboratories designing, building, and testing his latest impossible invention, and whenever he finds one stable enough to be distributed for 'clinical trials', as he calls them, his manner is exhuberant to the point of childlike glee. He always insists on minutely detailed reports of their effects and side effects, no matter how successful or graphically and gorily disastrous, and remains unmoved by any sort of humanitarian concerns.

GloomCookie

Hmm... that throws a kink in the plan, but I'll make it work.  FOR EVIL!

*scheme scheme scheme*

OK!  elfguy (sniper) and Kuje (Bio-Technician), you two are assaigned to the mission Pilfering Panda.  Karasu (diplomat) and SomeGuy (Scientist), you're assaigned to the mission Samurai Sword Swindle and lastly, Karasu (Martial Artist), LovelyGirl (Spin Doctor) and TheGlyphstone (Quantum Physicist), you're assaigned to the mission Caller Conundrum.

Pilfering Panda
The Panda is one of the most recognizable symbols of China and also one of the most fragile.  Currently, there are only about 2000 of these creatures left, with almost 200 in China's zoos alone.  Unlike most pandas though, LingLing is one of the few males who is actively attempting to breed.  He is under heavy security to ensure he can't be killed by accident.  Fortunately, our plans don't involve killing him.  Take the will and desire out of the Chinese people by castrating LingLing.

Samurai Sword Swindle
In Japan, the Samurai were revered warriors who lived and died by a strict code of honor.  Recently recovered is the legendary sword of Japan's third shogunate, and has been placed on display in a major Tokyo museum.  Because even the Yakuza revere the sword, and wouldn't dream of desecrating the sword, enabling security to be lighter than usual.  Sneak in and pour acid on the sword to corrode the sword in minutes.  Tokyo police will be embarrised to explain their failure.

Caller Conundrum
Pastor Christopher Loyde is a televangelist in Los Angeles, selling tickets to heaven one caller at a time.  He's apparently so successful that some of this viewers are reduced to eating dog food just to send more money to him.  Taking over the world will take quite a bit of money, so travel to Los Angeles and 'convince' him to hand over his show to us.  Once we have his show, the money should pour in once we show the world a glimpse of heaven.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Nom De Plume

I am so envious of you guys. Linna, you make a most dastardly villain.
A&A

SomeGuy

Why just destroy it? Steal it, get it to an assassin and have them kill the police chief with it and then melt it and leave the slag there.

Nom De Plume

You know, I don't have much say in this until I invest some time, but I think SomeGuy is right- plus, it keeps Karasu focused in one place, instead of jumping back and forth. Might be worth looking into.
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Linna on August 12, 2011, 12:07:00 AM
Hmm... that throws a kink in the plan, but I'll make it work.  FOR EVIL!

Normally kinks are good, but what's wrong? Do I need more puppy-kicking and baby-eating?

GloomCookie

I'm cheating and using the game Evil Genius as a basis here and these missions are lifted straight from there because the game is pure awesome and I like it so that's that *crosses arms and pouts* though I will consider it throughout the day until I setup each thread.

And in this case, TheGlyphstone, this post was written before your profile so no worries.
My DeviantArt

lovelygirl

has the IC thread been put up yet? I have a flight to book to go to LA and want  to get the earliest flight
Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

TheGlyphstone

Okay, I've got a couple of prototypes that could use field testing - should we bring the High-intensity Omnidirectional Luminescent Omega-Gamma Reconfigurable Appearance Machine, the Broad-Lens Anti-Structural Total Evaporation Ray, the Theoretical Experimental Sub-Space Equivalent Replacment Atomic Configuration Teleporter? Or do I need to do more research?

lovelygirl

Glyph, get us there in one piece and I don't care what you use.

Ons &Offs

TheGlyphstone

Well, the T.E.S.S.E.R.A.C.T. gets us there in several hundred million pieces that are then reassembled into their proper arrangement, does that count?

GloomCookie

Lovely I went ahead and got the thread you're in up and going so here it is

Island of Indeterminate Location

Caller Conundrum
Pilfering Panda
Samurai Sword Swindle

Yes I copy pasted some of it but that's so you all have the same area descriptions.

Check this post and the top one for further links ^^
My DeviantArt

SomeGuy

You should go atom by atom, so there's a trillion trillion pieces. Less room for error that way.  ;)

Wow, post looks good. The picture makes me chuckle for some reason. I'm totally fine with pulling ideas, I'm just thinking 'go big'

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 12, 2011, 11:02:21 AM
You should go atom by atom, so there's a trillion trillion pieces. Less room for error that way.  ;)

Wow, post looks good. The picture makes me chuckle for some reason. I'm totally fine with pulling ideas, I'm just thinking 'go big'

Huh. That's explain why the minions I was testing it on kept arriving inside out. I'll recalibrate the device and try again.

lovelygirl

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 12, 2011, 11:10:49 AM
Huh. That's explain why the minions I was testing it on kept arriving inside out. I'll recalibrate the device and try again.

We're doomed

Ons &Offs

TheGlyphstone

lovelygirl

I don't cry * trods off* Christ why do they think all women cry?

Ons &Offs

SomeGuy

lovelygirl

Ons &Offs

TheGlyphstone

SomeGuy

What about artificial tear ducts that cry cake?

TheGlyphstone

That'd be the Mark VI Crocodile models; they were discontinued when people complained that the tears were too obviously lies fake.

GloomCookie

I'm tempted to shoot one of you just as an example to the others.
My DeviantArt