Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Hogwarts A Future Wiki

The above is a link to the games wiki, where all the game rules and plot information is held. You will also find a time line for the game
and many other interesting and fun pieces. We hope the interest we generated in the game has paid off and would love to invite you
all to take your time, read through the wiki at your leisure and use this thread to ask any questions and to mingle with potential players.
We've had a lot of fun organising this and have been extremely excited about bringing it to you.

Thank you to those eager enough to post our game banners in their signatures, it meant a lot that you were as eager as us for this game
to go ahead. Without further ado, enjoy your reading and look forward to hearing from you all.

Game Managers

Kendra and Aiden

Hogwarts OOC

Relationship Thread

All students must take this sorting quiz no matter if you are in the University part of Hogwarts or the school part. This is to determine who belongs in which house or what house your character belonged too. Just take the quiz and pm Aiden and Kendra back with your answers. Please be sure to pm both GMs. Your pm should basically look like …

1)   *insert chosen number*
2)   *insert chosen number* … and so on

Please also write 'Sorting Quiz' in the subject section of the pm.
We are expecting a lot of these so patience is a must. They will all be answered in due time. Have Fun!

We will pm you in turn – if a University student – then we will pm with your past house so it can be added to your character sheet. If a senior NEWT student, the same will apply but for those in their freshman Hogwarts year, you will not be told which House you have entered until the Opening Feast and when your character has sat with the ‘hat’. Up until then only Hogwarts crest uniforms can be purchased and worn by first years, only after the sorting will House uniforms be issued from the school.

1.) You are given a test at school that has questions that teacher hasn't covered yet. In the middle of the test you notice that your friend next to you has a cheat-sheet. The teacher doesn't notice.
1.   Ask to share the cheat-sheet. This test isn't fair, so why should you be?
2.   Good for them, they beat the system.
3.   Confront them after the test and try to convince them not to cheat anymore. You don't want them to get in trouble.
4.   Confront them after the test and force them to tell the teacher they cheated, or you will tell on them. They must pay for their misdeeds.
5.   Inform the teacher right in the middle of class that they are cheating. Cheaters never prosper!

2.) While walking down the street you see a wallet on the side of the road. It has a small amount of money in it, but no identification of any kind. There is nobody in sight.
1.   Leave it there. Someone is probably looking for it.
2.   Pocket the money. You don't know who it belongs to, so finder's keepers.
3.   Take it to the police in case anyone ever reports it.
4.   Take the wallet, and go around the area asking anyone if they have lost a wallet recently.

3.) Someone has played a prank on you which involves your public embarrassment and everyone begins laughing at you. However, you doubt they meant any harm by it.
1.   Laugh along with the crowd. You love a good joke even if it's at your expense.
2.   On the outside you'll laugh because you don't want anyone to know that they really hurt your feelings by making you look stupid in front of everybody.
3.   You get upset and run away from the crowd. How could they be so mean?
4.   That jerk! You get mad right away and tell it to their face.
5.   Pretend that all is well, but you won't forget this. They're going to pay for what they did! How dare they publicly humiliate you.

4.) You have arrived late to work because you had a flat tire. You've been on time every other day for the past month, yet your boss yells at you about it in front of all your coworkers.
1.   Endure his yelling, he is my boss after all.
2.   Let him yell, it doesn't matter anyway, you're not listening.
3.   Explain to him that accidents happen and that you don't feel you need to be yelled at because of it.
4.   Yell right back at him! How dare he insult you for something so petty.
5.   Allow him to yell all he wants, you'll just let the air out of his tires someday.

5.) You have just returned home from a long day's work when a friend calls you and explains that they are stranded on a back road an hour drive from town and they need you to pick them up. They've already tried everyone else and you are their only means of getting back.
1.   I'm too tired. Tell them to try to flag down a car to help them out.
2.   I'm too tired. Make up a lie about why you can't help them.
3.   I'll do it, but I'm charging them for gas money.
4.   Yes, I'm tired, but what are friends for?
5.   Ask them what's wrong with the car. Maybe you can talk them through how to fix it.

6.) A little kid accuses you, in front of a whole crowd people, of stealing his toy which you did not do. You are twice his size, but he won't back off.
1.   How dare he insult me in front of all these people? I'll show him how things work in the real world!
2.   Explain to him that I didn't take his toy and give him fair warning that he'll have a black eye if he doesn't drop it.
3.   Try to rationalize with the kid. Tell him you didn't take the toy and refuse to fight him even if he takes a few swings at you.
4.   Tell him you didn't take the toy and direct him to someone who can help him find it.
5.   Explain to him you didn't take the toy and offer to personally help find the person who did.

7.) You have saved up for months to buy a new bike. As you're getting ready to buy it, a child runs by and steals your money. You chase him down and find that his mother is deathly ill and the child stole the money to buy her medicine.
1.   That's their problem, I didn't get the lady sick. I worked hard for that money and it's mine.
2.   Perhaps you would have helped them if they were to ask, but you don't help thieves.
3.   Maybe I'll let them keep some of the money and buy the bike later.
4.   They are obviously in need of the money more than I. I give it all to them.
5.   I'll give them the money and try and nurse the mother back to health.
6.   Refuse to give them your money, but still try and nurse the mother back to health.

8.) A friend of yours tells you that there is some really cool stuff in an old abandoned building. When you get there you see a sign that "Danger: Do not enter!", but the building doesn't look dangerous. There is nobody around to see you, and your friend wants to check it out.
1.   Obviously there is some dangerous stuff in there, and we shouldn't be going inside.
2.   Maybe I'll just take a peek inside for a little while. What could it hurt?
3.   Danger shmanger! There's probably some cool stuff inside. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

9.) A very strong man approaches you while you're eating lunch and demands that you give him some food. He doesn't appear to be starving or poor. There is nobody there to stop him from taking it.
1.   Give him some food and leave quickly. You don't want any trouble from a jerk like that.
2.   Give him some food and leave. But you're going to tell on him later.
3.   Give him some food and follow him to his house so you can later get him back by doing something rather nasty.
4.   Give him half your food and invite him to sit and talk with you, maybe you can befriend him.
5.   Give him a nice fist in the face. Nobody steals from you.

10.) You have inherited a large sum of money from your great aunt.
1.   Put it all into a savings account and spend it wisely as needs present themselves.
2.   Buy a few things right away. Maybe a new car, a boat, a house, etc. The rest I'll put away for a rainy day.
3.   Spend it all on something really big and eccentric. You can't take it with you right?
4.   Donate it to the sick, injured, and poor.
5.   Donate it to science, research, and development.
6.   Invest it into the market. You'll soon have even more!

11.) You are given a small plastic puzzle that looks to be difficult to solve.
1.   I have better things to do than play with toys.
2.   I'll try it out, but if I can't solve it, it's not the end of the world.
3.   I'll put some time into it. I'm sure I could solve it eventually.
4.   I won't give up until I solve it. Then, maybe I'll try it blindfolded!

12.) Five years ago a girl stole some money from you and she never got in trouble for it. Since then, she has become a much better person. Recently she has been arrested for stealing, but you can prove that she is innocent.
1.   I'm not saying a thing. This is the punishment that she never got five years ago.
2.   Tell her that I'll save her, provided she pays me back the money she owes me.
3.   I'll save her because I know she's a better person now.
4.   I'd save her even if she was still a bad person because I know she is innocent this time.

(this test is not our own, all credit and © Copyright 2004-2005: Dean Tersigni. )

Aiden

The Character Sheet!

[b]Character's Name: [/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (If any)
[b]Character's Birthdate: [/b]
[b]Hometown: [/b]
[b]Blood Status: [/b]
[b]Wand:[/b] (Leave Blank for now)
[b]Hogwarts House:[/b] (If Starting as a first year, leave blank)

[center][i][b]Appearance[/b][/i][/center]
[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes: [/b]
[b]Weight: [/b]
[b]Physical Description: [/b](Add something along with a picture)
[b]Other Distinguishing Features: [/b]

[center][i][b]A Little Deeper[/b][/i][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b] List at least five words that would best describe your character.

[b]History: [/b](How did your character grow up? Where? How did they enjoy their childhood?Anything interesting happen to them? How did they first learn about magic?)

[b]Family:[/b] (Include any relatives your character has [parents, siblings etc.] and some history on them [A mini bio, if you will {Age, occupation, blood status, a little history}-- this is important for those wishing to be of pureblood line])

[b]Likes:[/b] (Non Sexual)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Non Sexual)
Fears: No one is fearless, at least 2 things
[b]Worst Memory(ies):[/b]
[b]Best Memory(ies):[/b]
[b]Favorite Animal(s)[/b]
[b]Favorite Color(s) [/b]

Characters currently Approved

First Years

Lavender Ackerly (Michi)

Ignacio "Iggy" Aguilar (Aiden)

Taryn Becker (Absinthe Tori)

John Becket (Someguy)

Kristina Blackwood (Amelia)

Mina Cherie Crosswell (Curvykitten)

Mintenovia Trafalgar Doggerel (Haibane)

David Kavanagh (Saerra)

Lennox Locke (Eden)

Leila Saida Moore (Dancing Flower)

Oliver Mathias Olivier (Kokaine)

Niall Eochaid Ossiriand (Undisclosedtoyou)

Lloyd C. Oswallt (Fallen Angel Najdan)

Violina Prewett (Nifferbelle)

Redrick Schuhart (TheHangedMan)

Tomas "Tommy" Undergallows (SwashBuckler)

Second Years

Third Years

Wren Bellamy (Josietta)

Fourth Years
Five Years

Tebastian Illuminati (Octopusdreams)

Alexander Oberg (Lunar Sage)

Evelyn Wolcott (TheGoldenTouch)

Thomas Wolcott (SinXAzgard21)

Who wants a wand?!

A few things!
1. It is a dating website, sorry we are using this site but it has a REALLY good quiz, you don't need to sign up for anything so PLEASE be careful when you get your results so you don't accidentally sign up for something.
2.Use your IC information for sex/birthday asto sign etc for more accurate results.
3. When you recive your results just copy/paste the main text, please leave the graphs out.
Looks like this (sample)

Your result for The Harry Potter Wand Test ...
11", Willow, Unicorn

You scored 32 wisdom, 17 bravery, 26 emotional, and 39 martyrdom!
A willow wand signifies that you care deeply about emotions, art, and intuition, and that you have a particular knack for charms. Your unicorn's tail hair core means that you are pure of heart and care deeply for your loved ones.
4. PM (the results) to me only.
5. DO NOT add it to your character sheet yet.
6. Only those who have a sheet up please, if your sheet has not been made you won't have some of the stats needed.

Aiden

Hogwarts A Future Faq

What is the process of sorting the incoming students?
answer

No one will get their desired house per se.
We have a sorting quiz all written out that will be posted along with the character sheets.
Every student will have to take this, the older students so that they know which house they are in and can edit into their character sheets.
The results will be pm'd to all of you individually.

For the students who are going into first year ... we will be having a Start of year feast and those students won't get the results of their quiz until they rp sitting with the hat on their head. The hat (either Aiden or myself) will announce which house they've gotten into.

The Following is a list of years and dates for what you should use for your character in regards to their year at school.

1st year students - born sometime between September 2nd 1995 and September 1st 1996
2nd year students - born sometime between September 2nd 1994 and September 1st 1995
3rd year students - born sometime between September 2nd 1993 and September 1st 1994
Freshman University students - born sometime between September 2nd 1992 and September 1st 1993
Sophomore University students - born sometime between September 2nd 1991 and September 1st 1992
Junior University Students - born sometime between September 2nd 1990 and September 1st 1991
Senior University Students - born sometime between September 2nd 1989 and September 1st 1990

Game links

Hogwarts OOC
Relationship Thread

LunarSage

Woot!  I'm so in.

With him.   ;D

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Beguile's Mistress

*peeks in* ;D  This looks interesting and I wish you all the best of luck.  You've worked hard on it and deserve the fun that's sure to come.

Aurora Wayland

Flower

-proceeds to read the wealth of information on the wiki-  ;D

Aiden

We will be adding a character sheet within a day or so, want people to read the information and take it in before jumping in.

We obviously had to change it a round a little to follow E's age limit rules and hopefully make this game fun to those who have only seen a movie or two and those who are fanatics.  XD

Bemi- You should so play! Just saying.

Reia

This looks pretty awesome - I live all the detail that's been put into this. I'm totally lining up to take part. :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Jag

*peeks in*

Oh my...

*patters off to read the wiki info*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Zealously Jaded

I am enjoying the Wiki, and would love to join :)

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Aiden on January 03, 2012, 01:02:23 PM
Bemi- You should so play! Just saying.
Thank you.  I will. ;D

Kendra

There is a lot to read but that is we won't be posting any character sheet for another few days.
And we figured the wiki would be so much easier to keep things tidy here in the interest sheet and for when the game begins as well.

lovin' the interest people  ;D

Kokaine

Put me down as interested. Reading through the wiki and such now. ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

LunarSage

So am I to understand the game won't actually be starting this month?  I could swear I read something in the wiki about the game starting in the summer.  Or does that mean in game?

Kendra

That's in game Lunar ;)
the game should begin sometime this month but In character the game will begin during the summer, so students can have fun getting their supplies, building relationships and getting those wands  ;D

LunarSage

*Makes a joke about his character's "magic wand"*   :P

Flower

I am sorry if I missed this information somewhere on the wiki, but what is the process of sorting the incoming students?  :-)

RubySlippers

Looks like fun except I would want a witch training in a Muggle profession so likely would only attend to audit some classes or something while apprenticing in Britain in a career. Sadly the game doesn't seem that flexible to allow that using the resources for independent study only.

Looks fun though.

Caela

I am SO very much interested!

~bounces off to dig through the wiki~

Jag

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 03, 2012, 01:16:32 PM
I am sorry if I missed this information somewhere on the wiki, but what is the process of sorting the incoming students?  :-)

I'm curious about this too. Obviously people have their 'favorite' houses, but that doesn't always mean they are suited for that unless they only design their character around the attributes for that house. I know some Harry Potter sites use a quiz to sort people and people don't always end up in the house they 'like'. Then again, I could be looking too much into that.

Flower

Mhmms, I completely agree, Michi. I'm contemplating the possibility of being a Hufflepuff after watching the hilarious video in your signature. :)

Kendra

with regard to the question posed by DF and Michi ...

We have a sorting quiz all written out that will be posted along with the character sheets.
Every student will have to take this, the older students so that they know which house they are in and can edit into their character sheets.

For the students who are going into first year ... we will be having a Start of year feast and those students won't get the results of their quiz until they rp sitting with the hat on their head. The hat (either Aiden or myself) will announce which house they've gotten into.

Hope this helps.

Jag

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 03, 2012, 01:20:55 PM
Mhmms, I completely agree, Michi. I'm contemplating the possibility of being a Hufflepuff after watching the hilarious video in your signature. :)

Everyone should watch that video. Puffs don't get enough respect. *sage nod* I read a fanfic once about how the Puffs are the secret underground mob of the wizarding world.

Quote from: Kendra on January 03, 2012, 01:24:23 PM
with regard to the question posed by DF and Michi ...

Hope this helps.

That sounds very nice. ^^

Aiden

Never underestimate the badger!