The everlasting search of Chasing Dreams.

Started by Chasing Dreams, August 14, 2016, 02:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasing Dreams

Updated timezone on 3/19.
Thanks for stopping by my search thread and taking the time to look over it.

About Me:  You can call me Chasing Dreams, CD, or Dreams. I have been roleplaying for 16 years now and use it as a way to improve on my writing skills. In the past, I thought about becoming a writer, but quickly decided not to. I am way too critical of my own writing and would never be satisfied or brave enough to write a book. I’m a Scorpio and can be stubborn, but I do not let that influence my writing or working with the other person I am writing with. I have two cats, Snickers and Bear, who HATE anything that takes attention away from them. They can and will demand attention from me when I am trying to write, but it only lasts for about 10 minutes. Real life will ALWAYS come first for me.

For details about what I expect from a writing partner and what you can expect from me, please head over to my O/O's page.

Post Length: My normal posts are two to four good sized paragraphs. Most times, my posts are a little longer. My introductions are more than FOUR paragraphs long because they include backgrounds on my characters and set up the start of the story.

Post Availability:   My posting rate ranges from ONE to FIVE days. If four days have passed by, go ahead and send me a gentle reminder. Most times if I will not meet that five-day range, I will let you know what’s going on. I have multiple stories that I am writing. If you see me posting in another story before the story I am writing with you PLEASE do NOT get on my case about it. I write the post for the story that muse is into first. I should mention that I am in the US and my timezone is Central Daylight Time.

Long-term stories ONLY please! I prefer story over smut. Smut can be in the story, but not the main focus of it.

Please do NOT post in this thread. PM me with any questions you may have.

Yes to these character types
- Humans
- Lycans (Turns into a wolf.)
- Dragon (Has a human form.)
- Vampire (Does NOT sparkle.)

Might consider
- Elves

Just NO
- Furries
- Dwarves
- Fae other than Elves
- Mages
- Wizards
- Neckos
- Angels
- Demons

Settings I enjoy are:   Modern, Medieval, Historical, Futuristic, and Original settings.

Genre types I enjoy
- Action
- Military (Can be made up.)
- Military Academy
- Spy
- Mercenary/Rebel
- Western
- Adventure
- Fantasy (Not a fan of high fantasy.)
- Romance (NOT pure smut.)
- Drama
- Futuristic
- Arranged Marriage
- Slice of Life
- Beauty and the Beast (I like the general concept.)

Odd Pairings
- Ex x Ex
- Teacher/Professor x Student
- Sport's Star x Coach's Daughter
- Crime Lord x Innocent (Maybe trying to settle father's debt.)
- Bodyguard x Person needing Protection
- Hitman x Witness/Innocent Bystander
- Hitman x Hitwoman
- Vampire x Lycan
- Lycan x Human
- Vampire x Human

The role I'd like to write is in bold.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Chasing Dreams

Inspirational Pictures

I would love to create a story based off of any of these pictures.

Picture 1
The dragon will have a human form.
Picture 2
Picture 3
The wolf will have a human form.
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
Picture 11
Picture 12
Picture 13
Picture 14
The wolf will have a human form.
Picture 15
Picture 16
Picture 16
Picture 17
Picture 18

Plots

Soldier x Widow

My character has not had an easy life. She were born into a fairly poor family, married off young to the abusive owner of a tavern, and was left to raise a child while her husband went off to war. The drunken bastard didn't last very long, my character receiving word he had died in battle only a few months into the conflict. Since then she has been running the worn down old tavern the best she can... but between raising a child, cooking, cleaning, and making sure guests are taken care of, things have fallen onto even more disrepair than they were before.

A year and a half after her husbands death, the war has come to her doorstep. Enemy soldiers have captured the city, and although they did not originally intend on staying around, they have no other choice when a snow storm suddenly sweeps through the region. With options limited, the leader (your character) of the raiding party orders his men to take up residence with the locals... however, instead of taking advantage of the unarmed peasants, the commander orders his men to help fortify the village to better withstand the storm. His men form hunting parties to help keep rations stocked, and even repair some of the more neglected buildings.

The commander (your character) decides to make my character's tavern his personal base of operations, and although she no doubt expects him to treat her in a similar fashion to her late husband (if not worse), instead he takes it upon himself to repair neglected areas of the tavern himself, even going so far as to chop wood out in the freezing cold to keep the fireplaces well stocked.  In time she comes to learn that the commander hasn't had such an easy life himself, forced into a life of pain and violence through circumstances beyond his control. Despite his harsh upbringing, he treats her with kindness... the first man ever to do so. She finds herself developing feelings for the man as he does his best to help her and her child... and eventually decides to help care for him in the only way she knows how.
(Thank you to backlash84 for allowing me to use his plot.)
Ex x Ex
Two people that grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone. They started dating in their freshmen year of high school. They had had big plans about their futures. The two were polar opposites. One coming from a great family and needed for nothing. The other was from what was considered the wrong side of town. The parents weren't thrilled that their son or daughter was dating someone unsuitable. The two ignored them and seemed like they had a great future together. Shortly after graduation, something happens and one of them skips town without a word...Fast forward so many years and the one that left returns. Why did they leave in the first place? Did they bring someone with them? What will happen when they run into the one they left behind?

Lycan General Idea
This is more of an idea than an actual plot. I have been craving a good lycan story for awhile now. The setting would be more modern and in a smaller town. The basic idea in my head is that the humans had always been told to stick to the paths when in the woods as nothing would attack them. If they strayed from the paths, there would be no guarantees of their safety. I had the idea that my character grew up in the small town and even as a small child she had always ventured off the beaten paths to find whatever it was the others were so afraid of. Maybe she witnessed something as a child or was saved by something and now that she's an adult she wants to know what it was. Just putting my thoughts out there.

General Ideas

1.This was a WotD post, but I'd love to do a story about it. The name of the Prince was just a filler and can be changed.

How she ended up being dragged to the ball at the castle among the royals was still something she was trying to figure out. The last place on earth that she wanted to be was at the ball that night, but she knew she had no choice.  It had been the King’s regnant that all the single women in the kingdom attend as the prince had yet to choose a worthy partner. It wasn’t the first time that the King had held a ball in an attempt at finding suitable suitors for his grown children. The last time had been two years ago for his eldest son, who wanted nothing to do with taking over as King. The ball that night was for his second eldest son, who had become a general and had been away fighting for the kingdom. The King had all but surprised his second eldest with the ball and it had been clear that Prince Liam wasn’t happy about it. He was determined to undermine his father’s decision, but hadn’t been counting on meeting Freya out on the balcony. It was clear that despite knowing who he was, she wasn’t attempting to throw herself at him like all the other young ladies had been doing that night.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

Space holder
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

I've updated my intro section. This is my four month bump as I am looking for more stories if fate decides to be kind. :)
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

This is my monthly bump. I am back and am looking for a few new stories. I currently have four going, but could handle one to two more. I'll be updating my thread as time goes on.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

This is my monthly bump. I updated just about every section. I added more inspirational pictures and a general idea for a plot that could use some more work.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

Monthly bump time even though it's been a while. I am looking for more writing partners as it seems muses on my side or my writing partners side failed. My muse is itching to write a few new stories.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

So I have been away for almost a full year. A lot has happened in the last eight months including two cross-country moves. I am wanting to get back into writing again. I missed it a ton. So this is technically a bump. :)
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

Monthly bump.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

Over a month bump. Added a few more pictures and did some updating back in January.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

Over a month bump. Looking for 1 or 2 more stories.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11