[EX] The Stonewall High Massacre - Interest Check

Started by Szandor, September 11, 2018, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szandor

Trigger Warning: This interest check contains talk about school shootings, violence, and gun crime.

The basic premise of this group, if it gets enough interest, is the month leading up to a school shooting.
It will be violent and will touch on issues that are said to 'cause' someone to commit such a heinous crime,
so don't say you weren't warned that this is dark as hell!

Recruitment Thread is up! We are now actively recruiting members!
OOC Thread is up!

The Story

Set in the idyllic Stonewall Valley lies the pride and joy of the community; Stonewall High. Named after the town itself and one of the best in the region, this high school is everything a parent could ask for for their children. Of course, with a high school of such grandiose and massive size comes issues; cliques and bullying are seemingly only noticed by the students that attend, and those not high up on the social rungs suffer. The school's pride comes directly from it's sports clubs and funding. The teachers play favourites with football jocks and cheer-girls accordingly. Are you one of them, or are you against them?

Enter Mark Armand, Frankie 'Rabbit' Jorgenson, and Wade Barrett. Three boys with three very different walks of life. All boys have a dark side, but only one of them will commit the worst crime Stonewall Valley has seen; the Stonewall High Massacre of 2019. Your characters will have ample opportunity in the month leading up to the massacre to try and figure out these three boys; make friends with them, bully them relentlessly, or stay as far away as possible. It's all up to you what your characters do, and how they deal with what they have or haven't done afterward.

Interest can be stated in this thread, or messaged to me. I'll be checking both.
All characters must be at least 16 years or older!

Note: Specific character traits will be needed for some players if this gains enough interest. We can't all be the caring Mary-Sues we all dream of being. Some of us need to be assholes. ;D
Posting Rate: SLOW

SweetSerenade

I'm interested, I enjoyed the last group you ran. Placing down the interest on the quiet tomboy nerd chick.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

CriminalMindsFan

Pretty dark and interesting. I can think of a couple type of characters I could contribute to such a scenario:

Male teacher whose often grading female students based on how much skin they show
Female student who falsely accuses one of the three potential shooters of rape
Female teacher who will sleep with anything to advance her own agenda

Szandor

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on September 12, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
Pretty dark and interesting. I can think of a couple type of characters I could contribute to such a scenario:

Male teacher whose often grading female students based on how much skin they show
Female student who falsely accuses one of the three potential shooters of rape
Female teacher who will sleep with anything to advance her own agenda

I love all of those ideas! I'm gonna cap the amount of characters people can have at two though, ust to maintain their sanity and mine ;D so try to choose which two you like best!

Quote from: SweetSerenade on September 12, 2018, 04:00:17 PM
I'm interested, I enjoyed the last group you ran. Placing down the interest on the quiet tomboy nerd chick.

Amazing to have you back! <3

SweetSerenade

Anouk Daae

Planting interest as the cheerleader who gets her kicks out of leading guys on.

CurvyKitten

Very interesting.

I have two ideas, one being the goth-stoner chick people are slightly afraid off. And the other being the over achiever type girl that that hides what she really thinks and feels behind a always positive attitude.

CriminalMindsFan

I'll keep a teacher available for this but I'm dropping idea of playing student for now.

Szandor

Quote from: Anouk Daae on September 13, 2018, 10:16:23 PM
Planting interest as the cheerleader who gets her kicks out of leading guys on.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 13, 2018, 10:33:19 PM
Very interesting.

I have two ideas, one being the goth-stoner chick people are slightly afraid off. And the other being the over achiever type girl that that hides what she really thinks and feels behind a always positive attitude.

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on September 13, 2018, 10:40:02 PM
I'll keep a teacher available for this but I'm dropping idea of playing student for now.

I love all of your ideas, and it's awesome to see this much interest in my little concept. I think I have enough interest to make a recruitment thread, and from then an actual role play thread or two. Keep an eye on this space, because I'm making the Recruitment Thread and OOC now.

Anouk Daae

Are you going to link them in here, or should we just refresh a bunch of times to find it in the lists?

SweetSerenade

Whoo so exciting. I need to get a few things handled and tied up, but I'm excited for this. As a heads up my school starts on the 24th, and next week I have a lot of stuff I gotta get done for school <3

Szandor

Quote from: Anouk Daae on September 14, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
Are you going to link them in here, or should we just refresh a bunch of times to find it in the lists?

I'll be linking the OOC and Recruitment Thread in the first post of this one. :)

Szandor

Quote from: SweetSerenade on September 14, 2018, 01:36:38 AM
Whoo so exciting. I need to get a few things handled and tied up, but I'm excited for this. As a heads up my school starts on the 24th, and next week I have a lot of stuff I gotta get done for school <3

Noted! Thanks for letting me know.

Szandor

Snake

I have an idea for a char here. A twist on the type.  The queen bee that rejects the jocks and prefers the beta males or a legit nice teacher

CriminalMindsFan

If my female teacher is found in a compromising position the day of the massacre directly or indirectly at hands of the student behind massacre, I'd be a happy role player. It would fulfill my desire to see a good teacher lose her good reputation unjustifiably.

Anouk Daae

Quote from: Snake on September 14, 2018, 11:42:45 AM
I have an idea for a char here. A twist on the type.  The queen bee that rejects the jocks and prefers the beta males or a legit nice teacher

She could be friends with my Queen Bee. Another cheerleader, or maybe the Cheer Captain?

Szandor

Quote from: Snake on September 14, 2018, 11:42:45 AM

I like it! Go ahead and post an application in the recruitment thread at your leisure!