News:

Main Menu

Your favorite Teas?

Started by LilySnape, September 02, 2011, 09:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Izzie Aditi on September 05, 2011, 01:17:30 PM
Gunpowder green tea  ;D

What is this? O.O  And why does it sound like such a bad ass drink?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jag

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 05, 2011, 05:21:11 PM
What is this? O.O  And why does it sound like such a bad ass drink?

Gunpowder Tea.

When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad or weak, it's very bad. TeaCo's is alright. Not great and I've had much better.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 05, 2011, 05:23:51 PM
Gunpowder Tea.

When it's good, it's very good. When it's bad or weak, it's very bad. TeaCo's is alright. Not great and I've had much better.

Mmm that's actually pretty interesting!  I'll make sure to try it when I get the chance.  Reading through that link also reminded me, Ceylon tea is yummy to!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Michi No Sora on September 05, 2011, 05:23:51 PM
Gunpowder Tea.

When it's bad, it is AWFUL. Jesus, I've had a bad batch a couple of years ago and it was absolutely repulsive. I don't know what TeaCo's is (ehh..maybe that's stupid)..I always buy mine at a local 'alternative' store where it's "fresh" and all.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

TheAnimeFanGirl

Sweet tea, iced tea (lemon) and green tea. One of my favorite canned brands is Arizona. I also love putting honey in my green tea.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Ashe

Brand-wise, Stash and TeaCo are bloody amazing.  There's also a brand in Canada called Teaopia, for loose-leaf.  Just...everything is good.  Everything.

Especially their mateccino.  It's coffee AND a tea!

It's expensive, but once you get over 50 or 75 dollars, shipping is free. <3

Flavor-wise, I like orange essences and berries.  Tazo's "Wild Sweet Orange" is my new favorite right now.  It's a mixture of lemongrass, licorice root, and orange zest.

Jag

*perks at the mention of TeaCo*

Ashe

Sadly, Michi, I haven't been able to have a lot of it.  I just went to a tasting party where they had some, and I remembered the name.  (It's simple enough, really.)

Maybe I'll try some more.  You had a huge list.  Magnolia Ooolong seems nice.  (But either the site is down, or I can't access it.)

Jag

I go there a lot and get a lot of their teas since it's the only local tea shop for me. As for their website...*goes to it*...yeah, it appears to be down. I wish I could get there this week, because they are having a 10% off sale because they are moving their store. I'm really upset that they are moving. It already takes me an hour to get to them and now I'll never be able to go there. *sighs*

madbadpenguin

I love a good strong chai or green tea. I know a place that does an amazing mango tea too.

In the UK we are lucky to have so many great places to source our tea from. Teapigs is one of my favourites, they have some really interesting blends like popcorn tea (japanese pickers used to mix husks of rice with tea to bulk it out, which for some reason gave it a popcorn taste and smell). If they post to the USA I can't reccomend them enough.
On my command let the bickering commence!

HockeyGod

For those who are approved, you can read a short article on teas for the Elliquian Herald:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=111162.msg4828667#msg4828667

As for me? I love Good Earth Spice tea as well as Tazo Passion. Yum, yum, yum!