King of the Two Lands: The Hall of Ma'at [OOC thread]

Started by Valerian, April 26, 2010, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Kye

Someone had to be first *grin* it just means I get to follow along and haunt you all!

*plops down on a couch and munches on her ghostly popcorn, wondering who will be the first to join her*

Remiel

The turtles! They lied to me!  >:(

Sorry about that, Kyrsa.  I really did pick you at random; I didn't expect everybody else to vote for you as well.  :o

It's interesting that they did, though.  Very interesting...

Autumn52

*Builds an elaborate tomb to ensure Kyrsa is happy in the afterlife.*

I am terribly sorry Kyrsa, please haunt me as often as you like...I would enjoy it..giggles
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mithlomwen

*would also enjoy being haunted by Kyrsa*   :-*
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Kye

Quote from: Xandi on May 04, 2010, 06:13:09 AM
*Builds an elaborate tomb to ensure Kyrsa is happy in the afterlife.*

I am terribly sorry Kyrsa, please haunt me as often as you like...I would enjoy it..giggles

Quote from: Mithlomwen on May 04, 2010, 09:49:52 AM
*would also enjoy being haunted by Kyrsa*   :-*

*haunts them both gleefully*

Paladin

Kye

Valerian

I always hate to lose anyone from the game, but it must be done.  And you can still haunt around here as much as you like.  :)

Fun Fact: The Egyptian afterlife was supposed to be a sort of idealized version of the earthly Egypt, with no problems or unhappiness; and it was also believed that spirits could sometimes travel across the sky during the day with Ra, the sun god.  Ra was thought to travel in two boats -- the Mandjet, or Morning Boat, took him across the sky; while the Mesektet, or Evening Boat, brought him through the underworld overnight so that he could rise again in the east the next day.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ariadne

I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Kye

Quote from: Ariadne on May 04, 2010, 11:19:39 AM
*joins Kyrsa in the haunting*

*snuggles her new ghostmate*

Quote from: Remiel on May 03, 2010, 12:48:23 PM
The turtles! They lied to me!  >:(

Sorry about that, Kyrsa.  I really did pick you at random; I didn't expect everybody else to vote for you as well.  :o

No worries!  Sorry, I missed this the first time...

Paladin

Wait... I'm being haunted by two lovely ghosts..... Whay can'tthis happen in real life?!! LOL

Autumn52

Loves being haunted by the lovely Kyrsa and Ariadne....
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Valerian

The Hall of Ma'at, by the way (*points to the newly-altered title of the thread*) was where the souls of the dead were tested to judge their fitness for the afterlife.  Ma'at was the goddess of truth, order, and justice, and if you've heard of the ancient belief that the heart of the deceased was weighed against an ostrich feather, that's Ma'at doing the weighing.  Doing evil was believed to make the heart heavy, so only those whose hearts were lighter than the feather would be welcomed into Osiris' realm.

I love ancient Egyptian history, can you tell?   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ariadne

Quote from: Valerian on May 04, 2010, 11:55:33 AM
The Hall of Ma'at, by the way (*points to the newly-altered title of the thread*) was where the souls of the dead were tested to judge their fitness for the afterlife.  Ma'at was the goddess of truth, order, and justice, and if you've heard of the ancient belief that the heart of the deceased was weighed against an ostrich feather, that's Ma'at doing the weighing.  Doing evil was believed to make the heart heavy, so only those whose hearts were lighter than the feather would be welcomed into Osiris' realm.

I love ancient Egyptian history, can you tell?   ;D

That's actually really cool...

Kye

Autumn52

((I will be offline for a few days. If you need to skip my vote for the next round, if I am unable to post, I don't mind. I don't want to hold things up. I will try to post if possible. Please forgive.))

Ariadne

Paladin

wow this does now seem like whoever is the first to step up is the one that gets voted against.

Valerian

Since we've managed to tie, I'll borrow a page from Caeli's book and use the dicebot for a tiebreaking roll.  Paladin, you'll be 1-10; Remiel 11-20.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d20
Comment: The decision of Hathor
Result: 12,
Total: 12

The gods have spoken!  Sorry, Remiel.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!  ;)

Imogen

I can't help but finding this highly amusing :-D
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kye