News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Supernatural and Fantasy RP's (Still Open)

Started by JessicaHouse, August 14, 2019, 10:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaHouse

Hey there. So, I'm thinking I might be interested in doing a number of supernatural or fantasy roleplays. These can be romantic, but don't have to be. I'm also interested in just exploring different kinds of friendships and/or rivalries. Here are a few supernatural creatures I'm thinking of playing.

The Saint: A young woman chosen by the powers of Heaven to heal the sick, right wrongs, and bring goodness to the world. The Saint is at the heart of strange events transpiring at the moment, and may be the only hope to save the land from the forces of evil. However, in order to do so, The Saint must remain righteous, pure, honest, and chaste. A romance between her and a male main character (or female main character) could be interesting to explore, especially since the parties would never be able to actually consummate the relationship. Temptation can be as strong as we want to make it, but that line must never be crossed. What's more, the surrounding tale can be an amazing epic.

The Nomad Prince: This character hails from a tribe of nomads who wander the world, never staying in any one place for long. As a wandering tribe, their wealth is largely kept in the form of jewelry they trade for, and they are the merchant kings of all the world. The Nomad Prince is the son of his tribe's king. He is fabulously wealthy, and loves adventure (and adventurous young men and women). The young man flaunts his wealth, but also has a generous spirit.
The Nomad Prince can be paired with either a male or female love interest.

The Dhampir: Dhampirs are half-vampires. They do not drink blood or prey upon humans, but they do have many of the abilities associated with vampires. Dhampirs often live lonely existences because people instinctively fear them. They combat a darkness inside which threatens to pull them into a Nihilistic abyss.

Angel of Havens: This specific type of angel is in charge of creating safe havens for people to stay in when they feel they are in danger. Angels of Havens are neither male nor female, but have a surpassing beauty which resembles both. If you have a character who is an orphan, a widow, someone fleeing an abusive spouse, or a fugitive falsely accused, this might be a good one to try out.

Lucifer: This is an alternative interpretation of Lucifer. In this case, Lucifer was actually the name of a sorcerer who used his foul magic to become a powerful king, and then devised a plan to ascend to Heaven and replace God. The Tower of Babel was built under his direction. But God punished him for his hubris and cast him back down to the earth. Now Lucifer, immortal and alone, wanders the earth seeking purpose for his life, not sure if he wants to seek redemption or to try to ascend to Heaven again. This character can also be played as a female.
Female Lucifer:
Male Lucifer:

The Orc: I've wanted to play an attractive, noble, and friendly orc for a while. I know that concept is a bit strange, but the idea is interesting to me. This one can be done as a romance, as a buddy story, or as an adventure story where the orc fights beside another noble character to achieve some common goal.
Male Orc:
Female Orc:

Yaldabaoth-The Demiurge: The false god of gnosticism. A flawed and blind god who long thought he was the only one, but started to hear voices from beyond, which made him curious about the possibility of other gods. He is the God and Supreme Creator of the world over which he rules. He believes he accidentally killed his mother, Sophia, the goddess of wisdom, and that her soul is trapped within the souls of various human beings. By getting to know humans, he thinks he can learn about his mother and whether or not there are other gods beyond himself.

The Vampire: Ok, this character will not be done as a "nice" character, not in the truest sense. He or she will be polite, certainly, but this individual will at least start the RP as selfish and predatory. A male vampire will still act like a gentleman, a female vampire will still act like a lady, but anyone they are paired with will be in some degree of peril in his/her presence. I will only pair up this character with a human character or something supernatural and good, like an angel or something of the like. This RP can be romantic, and sex can be heavily implied, but I will not do actual sex scenes.
This one can be a slave/master (or mistress) RP.
Male Vampire:
Female Vampire:

The Wizard: A classic fantasy setting wizard. The wizard is an expert in the arcane arts, but his studies of magic have robbed him of some of his sanity, and even his memories. There are a plethora of plots that can be done with this one. Everything from his wife trying to bring back his sanity and memories to him taking on an apprentice to him joining a group of adventurers. Roleplays with him can be romantic if you wish, but I understand that this wouldn't be most people's cup of tea. Anyone romantically interested in the wizard probably isn't into him for his looks.

The Fairy: A fairy or pixie, like in the old children's tales. I imagine even just the size difference between most characters and a fairy could be interesting to explore, let alone the magical elements. Fairies are usually tricksters, and are often small-minded, and yet wise beyond measure.

The Pure Maiden: The pure maiden is a young woman who is not only virginal, but completely asexual, though she is a deep romantic. She is innocent through and through, and has an absolute heart of gold. If that isn't supernatural enough for you, just remember the many ways pure maidens get into trouble in fantasy, fairy tales, and horror stories.

The High Priest/Priestess: The leader of a fictional religion in a fantasy setting. The high priest(ess) can be played either as a sincere religious leader dedicated to the service of his/her deity and to ridding the world of evil, as a religious extremist who wants to see heretics and non-believers either subjugated or wiped out, or as a thoroughly corrupt leader who uses his/her position to take whatever they want.
High Priestess:
High Priest:

Metatron: The highest of all angels in the Court of God. Metatron is the very voice of God Himself, the archangel of archangels. Since so few angels have actually seen God, there are some who believe Metatron is actually God, but too humble or too secretive to admit it. Any RPs with this character would not take place in any mortal realm we are familiar with, but in spiritual realms. Metatron, as an angel, is neither male nor female, but can take on forms which resemble either or neither.
Feminine Metatron:
Masculine Metatron:

The Retired Dark Lord/Lady: The ruler of the forces of evil in the fantasy setting. The Dark Lord/Lady is a force which stands astride the world like a colossus, with an army of evil beyond counting and a dark tower standing over all the lands, casting its long shadow. But for this RP I want the Dark Lord/Lady to have retired from the old days after having either married a loving spouse or becoming a parent.
Dark Lord:
Dark Lady:

The Familiar: A demon or dark creature summoned by a sorcerer/sorceress. The demon serves his/her summoner loyally, doing whatever the summoner wishes. However, the demon is always looking for loopholes in the summoner's commands, and if the summoner is not careful they may find the demon working against them from time to time.
Male Familiar:
Female Familiar:

The Elf Sorcerer: An elf who practices forbidden (potentially dark) magic, but believes he/she can do so for a righteous cause. This character could be paired with someone in need of a protector, avenger, or ally. The Elf sorcerer could also be paired with someone who hunts and punishes those who practice forbidden magic.
Male Elf Sorcerer:
Female Elf Sorceress:

The Prince Disguise: The Prince sent to an arranged marriage to a foreign princess in order to solidify peaceful relations between the two nations. However, the prince has a secret: he's actually a woman in disguise. The prince and the princess she marries can be in love and struggle to hide the secret of her true gender, or the prince can even be hiding that secret from the princess as well.

The Werewolf: For this RP, I want to return to what makes the werewolf mythology truly terrifying: the fear of the beast within. My werewolf character has no control over his transformations, or over what he does while transformed. During one of his earliest transformations, he killed his own wife and children before fleeing into the woods. Now he lives alone, secluding himself from the world so he'll never hurt anyone again. But could it be possible that someone out there is willing to endure the risk of being with him?

I may expand this list soon.

Akkas

Hi Jessica! Welcome on E :-).
I was thinking about your Angels of Havens for a story. One of my characters could be described as a falsely accused fugitive. He is part of a race that hunts angels, actually, but he hasn't attacked any angels in years. He doesn't want to. That could make for a interesting scenario. What do you think?

JessicaHouse

Akkas, that one does sound interesting. So, he hunted angels for Hell? For profit? Is he human and an expert on supernatural things, or is he something supernatural himself?

Akkas

He is supernatural himself. He's an Angel Hunter, which is a subspecies of the demons. Demons in my story are human-looking and live among humans and/or in the demon world (which isn't really Hell, they call it the demon world because those kind of creatures live there). Demons have magic and are considered evil. The Hunters hunt angels because they are the only type of demons who are able to find angels. In order to beat the good, the Hunters task themselves with defeating all angels and using their power to strengthen themselves. This particular Hunter used to feel the same way. Now he has found a new task for himself, which he finds more difficult to fulfill. As he tried to prove his point relatively peacefully, his fellow Hunters called him a traitor and put him in jail. Due luck, he escaped.

JessicaHouse

Akkas, that does sound interesting. Given the details, though, I should note that a romantic connection between your angel hunter and my angel of havens to be something unlikely until they have known each other a VERY long time. Are you cool with this being a purely friendly interaction?

Akkas

I am totally cool with a purely friendly interaction.

JessicaHouse

Akkas,

Cool. Cool. So, we will likely need an antagonist for the story. Do you have one? Or should I come up with one? I could also use one of the above. Maybe Lucifer (from the characters listed above).

Akkas

Lucifer sounds cool, that could be real fun. What would it be that he wants? From the options you've written, attempting to ascend back to heaven sounds the most like something they would try and stop. Or maybe he could first be looking for a new power that he could use against God / other heavenly inhabitants, to make his next ascend more successful - in that case he might have an interest in my hunter's powers

JessicaHouse

I would imagine he'd want to use his sorcery to bind and enslave both the angel and the angel hunter.

Akkas

How effective would such sorcery be? What would the effects be, and could they fight against it?

JessicaHouse

I haven't completely worked out the details. Such sorcery could be quite effective, as there are already mythical stories of sorcerers who could bind spirits. Our characters might, individually, have the ability to nullify binding being done to another spirit. Therefore, if Lucifer is able to catch them on their own he could bind them without impediment.

Akkas

It's still a little vague, but I do like the concept so far.
Where would our characters meet? Are there any conditions regarding where your angel of havens finds people?

JessicaHouse

I imagine the Angel of Havens and the entrance to his/her haven appears wherever needed. So, if your character would, say, be wounded or looking for a place to hide, he would find the angel's cabin.

As for what Lucifer can do and how he/she does it, I prefer to keep it vague for now and mostly wing it. The villain's abilities are often mysterious to the heroes.

Akkas

Alright. When the entrance appears, would that be like a new entrance that didn't exist before, or that a doorway suddenly leads to the cabin instead of somewhere else?

All good!

JessicaHouse

We'll go with a new entrance which didn't exist before.

Akkas

Who will start the RP? I suppose I should start with my hunter in need of a safe place. Do you want to write the appearance of the entrance?

JessicaHouse

I can. Where will we post this? I still haven't been approved.

Akkas

In 'Non-Adult Roleplays' by creating a new topic there

JessicaHouse

Ok, then. :) Care to start us off, since he's on the run, and I'll add in the description of the entrance?

Akkas

Alright, will do ^^. Any ideas for a title?

JessicaHouse

Akkas

JessicaHouse

Cool. By the by, I found an image that I think I'll use as the appearance for Lucifer in our particular RP.

I can't post images, but maybe I can post links? https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6c/89/c0/6c89c065d756793f2746317f8d37282d.jpg

Akkas

The link worked and GOSH SHE'S AMAZING. Very beautiful

Our thread is here https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=309253.0

JessicaHouse

Thank you. I thought she was pretty too. I think that dress is really cool. Anyway, I have responded in the thread. Let the adventure begin!