Adventure in the Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder)

Started by Hexed, January 31, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I forgot that too!

Levels of Sexy Stuff
I'm gonna go ahead and say, preference for female (futa?) encounters with Peren. Can go all the way into non-con, but have an aversion to sexual violence (Being clonked on the head and dragged back to an Orcess' cave? That's fine. Said Orcess breaking his hand when he tries to grab a tit during the conjugation, not cool.) Would like to avoid guro, vore, blood, bathroom stuff, and nonsapient animals; Unicorns are aweosme though, 'cause i'm weird.  XD Dumb "fantasy beings" can work though; ooze girls, sexy plants? I dunno. Pass on undead. No problem with high levels of smut within those bounds

Hexed

Yeah, Peren's not gotta worry about the guys after him. Can't do mxm to save my life. :)

sexual violence wise. Some spanking is about all during the encounter. Maybe rough thrusts/she's bouncing on him REALLY hard. Peren grabs a handful while being ridden? She may press that hand in harder but sure isn't gonna break it. If she wants no touch she ties him up.  >:)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Hexed on February 11, 2018, 08:55:19 PM
Yeah, Peren's not gotta worry about the guys after him. Can't do mxm to save my life. :)

sexual violence wise. Some spanking is about all during the encounter. Maybe rough thrusts/she's bouncing on him REALLY hard. Peren grabs a handful while being ridden? She may press that hand in harder but sure isn't gonna break it. If she wants no touch she ties him up.  >:)

Proverbial "death by Snu-Snu" is one thing, that halfling men just have to figure into their day. 

Saric

If eBadger is up to it maybe he could run a character in ether party? I'd kind of like at least four in each just so we have enough bodies. :P The gmpc mute slave sounds nice until you go and fuck them and realize they can't beg you to go harder, or softer, or anything. :P

Or maybe send a PM to Snake and Waldham and see if ether is still interested?

As for preferences... I'd prefer eBadger's Paladin if he ends up in both, so they can 'talk shop' and try to sexually convert each other! >:) I do like PAC's barbarian but I'm not sure how well she'll mesh is Serra (an by 'mesh' I of course mean 'be seduced by' >:)).

Honestly I've done games with Angie and keyotess before and enjoy writing with them, I've seen the others around and think I've been in games with a few of them but don't recall actually interacting with them directly... I've a bad memory though! :P

Edit: For keyotess and her goddess! (scroll down an there's a list of magic items associated with her.  ;))
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Angie

I am cool with lots of sexual content. Just to throw that out there.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

eBadger

Quote from: Saric on February 11, 2018, 10:06:10 PM
If eBadger is up to it maybe he could run a character in ether party? I'd kind of like at least four in each just so we have enough bodies. :P The gmpc mute slave sounds nice until you go and fuck them and realize they can't beg you to go harder, or softer, or anything. :P

I'd love to run both, tho definitely in different parties. 

And yes, would put Maki in any group with Saric!

keyotess

I am okay with being in either group.

Thanks Saric, more information!

Hmm...and after looking for the information that Saric sent me about Desna, I had a thought, dangerous I know. ;) 

What this campaign is calling for is a Ranger.  Hexed would you be alright if I changed Muineth's class to Ranger?  I could be finished by the end of the day.  I am happy staying as a Paladin too. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

Hexed

You're quite welcome to change it. Gonna ditch the shield for raw range?

keyotess

Actually, I was thinking I would stick with Shield & Sword style of combat.  Ranger actually lets me do that easier.  Ranger also has the aspects of being good at exploring new territory.  Although it looks like it loses the healing abilities, which might are very important in Pathfinder.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Chulanowa

Quote from: keyotess on February 12, 2018, 10:32:36 AM
Actually, I was thinking I would stick with Shield & Sword style of combat.  Ranger actually lets me do that easier.  Ranger also has the aspects of being good at exploring new territory.  Although it looks like it loses the healing abilities, which might are very important in Pathfinder.

*sings* Heal, heal, heal the nasty gut wound, cure, cure for 1d8...

Angie

Couldn't you do sword and shield ranger as an alternate combat style? There is a weapon and shield combat style.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

keyotess

Yes Angie, that is what I meant to say. :)  Ranger going sword & shield is actually easier than Paladin going sword & shield. :)  Rangers get those bonus combat style feats. :)

Edit:
Brainstorming on my part
: Thinking about teams, if we go by sex limits:

All In team:
Naima: Witch
Serra: Oracle
Maki: Paladin
Kaelsa: Barbarian

Other team:
Tinalia: Sorceress
Perth: Bard
Magnhild: Bloodrager
Muineth: Paladin?/Ranger?

Healing: Lots of healing on All In team.  Other team has Perth with healing
Tracking/Survival: All in team has Kaelsa.  Other team has Magnhild

Hmm...those are actually very good teams and I would lean towards staying as Paladin for the additional healing for Other team.
Both teams have 2 melee types and 2 spell types.

Could switch Maki and Magnhild around, but then wouldn't have Maki and Serra trying to out seduce each other.  Survival/tracking would be missing from Other team, but would balance healing in which case I would take Muineth to Ranger. 

Neither side has much ranged attacks.  Sorceress and Oracle are the best range attacks, so one on each team.

Okay, decision has been made, I looked closer at Ranger spells and I missed it on the first run through, but Rangers do get Cure Wound spells.  So I am changing to Ranger!! :)   Her background and personality isn't changing, that works for her being a ranger. :)

Chulanowa

*sings* Heal heal the wounds away, but only twice a daaaaaay!

;D

Healing is not a good role for bards. I took the spell just to have it, but it's mostly there for wand usage.

Saric

Quote from: keyotess on February 12, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
Yes Angie, that is what I meant to say. :)  Ranger going sword & shield is actually easier than Paladin going sword & shield. :)  Rangers get those bonus combat style feats. :)

Edit:
Brainstorming on my part
: Thinking about teams, if we go by sex limits:

All In team:
Naima: Witch
Serra: Oracle
Maki: Paladin
Kaelsa: Barbarian

Other team:
Tinalia: Sorceress
Perth: Bard
Magnhild: Bloodrager
Muineth: Paladin?/Ranger?

Healing: Lots of healing on All In team.  Other team has Perth with healing
Tracking/Survival: All in team has Kaelsa.  Other team has Magnhild

Hmm...those are actually very good teams and I would lean towards staying as Paladin for the additional healing for Other team.
Both teams have 2 melee types and 2 spell types.

Could switch Maki and Magnhild around, but then wouldn't have Maki and Serra trying to out seduce each other.  Survival/tracking would be missing from Other team, but would balance healing in which case I would take Muineth to Ranger. 

Neither side has much ranged attacks.  Sorceress and Oracle are the best range attacks, so one on each team.

Okay, decision has been made, I looked closer at Ranger spells and I missed it on the first run through, but Rangers do get Cure Wound spells.  So I am changing to Ranger!! :)   Her background and personality isn't changing, that works for her being a ranger. :)

I find that animal companions are powerful at low levels, but tend to fall off quickly as you get higher. As such I have some Ranger Archtypes you might like that trade in the animal companion for other abilities.

Divine Tracker, Fortune Finder, Freebooter, Guide, Spirit Ranger, and Wilderness Medic

The Divine Tracker isn't as good with wild animals but gets two minor Warpriest Blessing, which can be quite useful. The Fortune Finder and Freebooter are far more versatile in dealing with multiple creature types and unexpected enemies; also they both get bonus of some kind to Swim. The Guide is fast, gives his favored terrain bonus to his companions, and is good in Boss fights, but looses the more general bonus of favored enemies entirely. The Spirit Ranger gains a free augury daily in his favored terrain and limited spontaneous casting using bonus spell slots. Finally the Wilderness Medic is skilled at removing status conditions from their allies, similar to the Paladins Mercies, as well as providing party wide buffs to his companions, but looses all Evasion.

Personally I think Fortune Finder and Spirit Ranger are the best options, with Divine Tracker, Freebooter, and Wilderness Medic close behind. I'm not a huge fan of Guide but it's your character and I figure you can look it over and decide for yourself just fine. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

keyotess

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 12, 2018, 02:06:10 PM

Healing is not a good role for bards. I took the spell just to have it, but it's mostly there for wand usage.

This is why I was hesitating about changing to Ranger until I learned that they could take healing spells.  I do lose Lay on Hands, but at lower levels, that is just an emergency, don't die heal a lot of times.  And I am going to take Healing Skill to help with stabilizing anyone unconscious. :D

Thanks for the input Saric, I will look over your suggestions and see what I like best. :)

Thorne

Depends on the animal companion, in truth; start with a wolf - free trip is handy as hell at low levels - graduate to a cat at higher levels. Get one with pounce - that free rake setup is ungodly nasty (favorite summons of anybody with access to SM5 or higher is dire lions/tigers. Those things are /nasty/, but even regular lions/tigers are furry shredding machines).
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Saric

Quote from: Thorne on February 12, 2018, 05:04:07 PM
Depends on the animal companion, in truth; start with a wolf - free trip is handy as hell at low levels - graduate to a cat at higher levels. Get one with pounce - that free rake setup is ungodly nasty (favorite summons of anybody with access to SM5 or higher is dire lions/tigers. Those things are /nasty/, but even regular lions/tigers are furry shredding machines).

Yes but that's the problem with Ranger Animal Companions, they're three levels behind on the hit dice and you get the low level one when it's time to upgrade. :P

The wolf works well up to level 6 or 7, mostly because it upgrades at level 4 when it would otherwise start to lag behind. And the cats can work up to level 9 or 10. But that's with druid bonuses, as a ranger they've got so few hit points that they die if anything nasty sneezes on them! I mean at fourth level you get a wolf with between 13 and 20 hp! At fourth level that's between three and four hits on your pet with an AC of 14! It's basically a dead wolf per dungeon.

And Rangers don't get the cats with pounce at all! They have an incredibly limited list compared to a druid. It's just not worth it to ever take a ranger animal companion.

Druids have it better but even for them the Animal Companions top out at 12th level and then start loosing ground. By 15 they're basically a joke that the Druid themselves can top with a single Summon Nature's Ally. Personally I think animals should get more then one upgrade, especially if the upgrade they've got doesn't bring them up to parity with a wild adult of the species. Like maybe have a wolf level up at 4th, and then change into a Dire Wolf at somewhere between 7th and 9th level? Something to make it worth keeping the animal you started with and got attached too instead of forcing you to choose between a major class feature being at all relevant or actually roll playing your character. :P

keyotess

If this was a RL game, I might be tempted to try for an animal companion, but in a forum situation, I think it would be extra cumbersome.  So I will be avoiding the animal companion.  :)

I am debating between Wilderness Mystic (like the healing aspects) and the Fortune Finder (versatility). :)

Chulanowa

meh, it's only a thing at level 4, and you can always use the feature to give your allies a boost to their damage if you want.

Thorne

Oh, well. In that case, the whole discussion is moot. ^^;

I can't help much; I haven't had a chance to actually /play/ a ranger .. >.>

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Saric

Quote from: keyotess on February 12, 2018, 06:01:23 PM
If this was a RL game, I might be tempted to try for an animal companion, but in a forum situation, I think it would be extra cumbersome.  So I will be avoiding the animal companion.  :)

I am debating between Wilderness Mystic (like the healing aspects) and the Fortune Finder (versatility). :)

If you want actually healing I'd say go for the Spirit Ranger, the Wilderness Medic doesn't actually do any better at hit point restoration while the spontaneous spells from Spirit Ranger let you prepare another Cure spell without sacrificing your casting versatility.

They're all pretty good through and it's your character so it's up to you. I'd just point out that both you and the bard can use wands of cure light for out of combat healing and better wands or even a staff of healing can be acquired at higher levels, where as party versatility is something you can only really get now and you've got limited members.

keyotess

Hexed

Why oh why do we have to work! Q.Q

I may just steal keyotess's group distribution. It looks like it would work out very nicely. :)

Don't really know much about Ranger so can't add anything really. But there is a feat to give remove ranger animal companion level penalty. WHY they need a feat for it is beyond me. But that's how it rolls. :(

Saric

Hey Thorn? If we're going to be in a party together do you want to pick another campaign trait? I've got Azlanti Scholar so I can get Use Magic Device, but you just get Knowledge (Local). And the language of course. Would you rather get Resourceful for faster potion making if you're going that route? Or something else?

Thorne

I... don't really take traits solely for the stuff I get for them. I chose Scholar because it suited her, and because it was easiest to reconcile with her background as I know it and her personality as I know it, and Resourceful, while useful to a possible crafter, didn't fit.

*shrug*

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies