TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on June 22, 2015, 11:46:11 AM
I definitely wouldn't want to put extra strain on the site for sure! Yes, just having some kind of indicator would be awesome! Again, no biggie if not.

Thanks so much!

Cool - I'll look at doing that next :) 

THanks for providing some direction :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Ssieth

Hokay - new version in response to Nymphadora's request.  In the new version it is now possible (and switched on by default) to have replies flagged up in your Quick Topics menu.  The setting for this is in the new Quick Topics section of the settings.

Any quick topics with replies will have three asterix on either side of the topic name.

Let me know if you'd prefer to see something else as an indicator.

Nymphadora

Quote from: Ssieth on June 22, 2015, 12:36:24 PM
Hokay - new version in response to Nymphadora's request.  In the new version it is now possible (and switched on by default) to have replies flagged up in your Quick Topics menu.  The setting for this is in the new Quick Topics section of the settings.

Any quick topics with replies will have three asterix on either side of the topic name.

Let me know if you'd prefer to see something else as an indicator.

You totally rock Ssieth! That works for me for sure! For threads in my group games I've posted in I get the indicator under replies but I haven't posted in all of the threads in the larger group games so it's good to see when there is activity.

Greatly appreciated!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Ssieth

Quote from: Nymphadora on June 22, 2015, 12:44:38 PM
You totally rock Ssieth! That works for me for sure! For threads in my group games I've posted in I get the indicator under replies but I haven't posted in all of the threads in the larger group games so it's good to see when there is activity.

Greatly appreciated!

You're most welcome :)  I can do the coding but I don't know Elliquiy as well as most of you guys so I don't have as good an idea of what actually makes for useful features :)

Ssieth

A minor update to v1.7.1.

I have rewritten a bit of the code that adds menus to the menu bar.  This in preparation to making some of them a bit more configurable and interactive and is to prevent them changing order in the menu bar when those edits are made.  Trust me.. it was really distracting ;p

Ssieth

v1.8.0 now up with an improved UI for Quick Topics and Snippets.  Just click on the top-level menu for each to manage them.  This now includes the ability to much more easily (I hope) edit and delete snippets.

Ritsu

This sounds really awesome. I'll have to bookmark and look into installing soon. It's nice to see fellow code monkeys doing awesome work!

Golden Spider

the Avatar blocker seems to be not working
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Ssieth

Quote from: Goldenrod666 on June 24, 2015, 06:22:14 PM
the Avatar blocker seems to be not working

Hmm.. odd.  It seems to be working for me currently.  Or at least it does on the forums.  Can you let me know the following:

• The URL of the page where you're seeing avatars still
  • Which web browser and script add-in (e.g. greasemonkey/tampermonkey) that you are using
  • Which version of the script you are on

Thanks :)  Armed with that I should be able to track the issue down :)

Flower

Blessed be! This is a miracle. Thank you so much.

Golden Spider

Quote from: Ssieth on June 24, 2015, 06:26:01 PM
Hmm.. odd.  It seems to be working for me currently.  Or at least it does on the forums.  Can you let me know the following:

• The URL of the page where you're seeing avatars still
  • Which web browser and script add-in (e.g. greasemonkey/tampermonkey) that you are using
  • Which version of the script you are on

Thanks :)  Armed with that I should be able to track the issue down :)

Url its every forum on E
Chrome Tampermonkey
Latest, scrolled to the very last update post by you then clicked
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Ssieth

Quote from: Dancing flower on June 24, 2015, 07:12:23 PM
Blessed be! This is a miracle. Thank you so much.

You're most welcome :)  I just can't leave things alone and scripting scratches my itch to mess with thing ;p

Ssieth

Quote from: Goldenrod666 on June 24, 2015, 07:55:24 PM
Url its every forum on E
Chrome Tampermonkey
Latest, scrolled to the very last update post by you then clicked

Hmmm.. I've just tested it with the latest version of the script v1.8.0 on chrome with tampermonkey and it seemed to work on the half dozen folders I tried.

One thing I thought I better check (and I know you've almost certainly done it already and this is like saying 'is it switched on?') - do you have the Remove pictures? setting checked under Script Settings/General Settings?  It's off by default.

Failing that, user scripts can be very sensitive to all sorts of bits and bobs in the underlying HTML of a page and it's difficult to determine what might be different for you.  If you could load up a page which is in error and then press CTRL+J (or whatever the Mac equivalent is) then it should pop a console onto your screen to show any javascript errors (they should be highlighted in red).  If you could let me know what's in there then it might point in the direction of the bug...

rhev

This, and by extension (see what i did there?) you, are amazing.  Kudos.

-edit
forgot the word 'you' like a derpasaurus.

Ssieth

Quote from: rhev on June 25, 2015, 07:33:57 PM
This, and by extension (see what i did there?) are amazing.  Kudos.

Many thanks for the kind feedback.

There's a new versions (v1.9.0) up there:

Shoutbox Settings
It's now possible to select a shoutbox colour to apply to all your shoutbox messages.  The feature is a bit experimental at the moment so treat it with a bit of caution.  One of the options for colour is "random" which selects from a set of random colours (suitable for the default style) every 30 seconds.

Ssieth

No new version this time - just a quick note on how the development process works for me so you know what to expect :)

I pretty much exclusively use FireFox for my own purposes so I do my primary development work in FF, using GreaseMonkey.  Subsequently I tend to give any script changes a quick once-over in Chrome (using TamperMonkey) but I don't extensively test there (and to be fair I wouldn't even call my FF testing extensive really.  I know professional testers and I know that I'm not one).  I don't test in other browsers at all (although I am aware that other browsers can run user scripts with various plugins).

As a consequence the various browsers will be in the following state for the script:

• FireFox / GreaseMonkey: Pretty well tested.
  • Chrome / TamperMonkey: Brief testing, especially if I think a feature might cause issues cross-browser.
  • Others: No testing although I use JQuery heavily which has pretty good cross-browser support.

Now - even when the testing I do is more extensive, it still can't capture all the possibilities.  HTML is a fickle thing, especially when you are working with someone else's so all sorts of quirks in usernames, forum content etc can throw a spanner in the works.  Often this is quite hard to debug from the perspective of someone else who isn't seeing the same specific content.  As a consequence - I tend to end up asking a pile of seemingly-dumb questions when I'm trying to debug.  If I ask you questions that make you wonder if I think you're dumb then please be patient, I'm always asking them for a reason and it's usually to do with dumb code, making dumb assumptions, written by me in a dumb moment than it is to do with me thinking you might be dumb :)

That is all,

:)

Ssieth

Just noticed a bug in v1.9.0 and fixed it.  The bug was that the ShoutBox colouring didn't work for the approved channel.  I have fixed it by adding a second text colour setting for the approved shoutbox channel.  I could have linked the two together for a single colour but thought that having an option for two different colours would be more handy :)

Ron Don Volante

First off Sisieth THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your work is AWESOME! I do want to point out a small bug. I have a very long Quick Topics list and the drop down list is not very opaque and can look very screwy on some pages. I can send you a screenshot if you want. But this is minor. I love the UI tweak you made a ton!

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Ssieth

Quote from: wisdomcube on June 28, 2015, 06:34:32 AM
First off Sisieth THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your work is AWESOME! I do want to point out a small bug. I have a very long Quick Topics list and the drop down list is not very opaque and can look very screwy on some pages. I can send you a screenshot if you want. But this is minor. I love the UI tweak you made a ton!

Thanks for both the rather undeserved praise and the bug report. I've extended my own Quick Topics menu and I get exactly the same effect.  I'll investigate it this evening and see what I can do to fix it.  I suspect it's a problem with extending menus beyond what the site's stylesheets expect :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Ssieth on June 28, 2015, 11:15:15 AM
Thanks for both the rather undeserved praise and the bug report. I've extended my own Quick Topics menu and I get exactly the same effect.  I'll investigate it this evening and see what I can do to fix it.  I suspect it's a problem with extending menus beyond what the site's stylesheets expect :)

And v1.9.2 should now fix this bug.  I've changed the background colour for the dropdown menus from transparent to white.  This should fix longer menus.  Let me know if the white looks wrong for whatever reason.

JaredSyn

Pardon I just downloaded your script to use the hide pictures and avatars feature. I installed greasemonkey and the script. How do I enable the features I want to use?

Ssieth

Quote from: JaredSyn on June 29, 2015, 10:25:56 AM
Pardon I just downloaded your script to use the hide pictures and avatars feature. I installed greasemonkey and the script. How do I enable the features I want to use?

Hi there,

Thanks for downloading the script.  In the menu area (where you seem Home, Help, Search, Profile etc) you should now see a 'Script Settings' menu item.  Click that and then a dialogue box should pop up with all of the settings in there.  It's split into various areas and you just click on one of the headings to expand/collapse it and see the settings themselves.  As soon as you click the save button, the page is reloaded and the settings applied.

On a related note, I noticed a bug in v1.9.2 where the Snippets menu wasn't rendering properly.  It's fixed in v1.9.3 :)

JaredSyn

Awesome thanks so much! Awesome script you rock.

Ssieth

Quote from: JaredSyn on June 29, 2015, 10:33:46 AM
Awesome thanks so much! Awesome script you rock.

You are most welcome :)

And - just for those of you wondering, I don't always have to have the last word but being the last one posting to this thread makes it easier for me to keep track of whether I have any questions/bugs left unanswered in here ;p

Nowherewoman

FIRST AFTER LAST WORD.

Oh, and you rock- but you already knew that I already knew that, from before folks here knew.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0