Darkest Nights: Modern Supernatural Horror/Fantasy - Accepting Characters!

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, September 10, 2013, 02:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainsnoires

Hello there,
Really impressed by the background you imagined and put in motion in this group. Paint me interested in joining, I am just not sure what type of character would be best suited for your group since there seem to have been few changes lately.
You mentioned no were/shifter for your group 2 (slower posting pace), are there any other limitations for the group 1 ?

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Codexa on October 21, 2013, 12:49:29 PM
Fascinating!

I'm interested, and peeking around the different sections at the moment.

Really wish you were accepting shifters, but a mage or warlock could have potential.

Will be doing some reading, and see if I can get all inspired and creative :)

I look forward to it! (And assume you have no problem taking on a male character, since we are not currently accepting females due to over population LOL)

Quote from: mainsnoires on October 21, 2013, 03:54:56 PM
Hello there,
Really impressed by the background you imagined and put in motion in this group. Paint me interested in joining, I am just not sure what type of character would be best suited for your group since there seem to have been few changes lately.
You mentioned no were/shifter for your group 2 (slower posting pace), are there any other limitations for the group 1 ?

I'm limiting shifters because they're supposed to be the least common (or at least the least likely to be known for what they are) and we've already filled the quota for them. However, we just had one of our were players have to drop out due to RL issues over the weekend (I wasn't really on to be able to update this thread), so there's a slot for a were open if you're interested, in either group. Groups are split up by posting rate, not races. Group 1 players post at least once per week, and Group 2 post once every one to two weeks. Bear in mind the rate for group 2 is what is expected, not necessarily a limit. If you're on and able to post more often than once per week I'm fine with that, just be aware others in the group may take a while to reply.

Quote from: persephone325 on October 21, 2013, 04:18:46 PM
Thank you, Miss Porcelain! :-)

Very welcome :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

Hey, folks! We're still looking for male characters in both groups! I have room for one more were, after one of our players had to drop out due to RL issues.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

Some adjustments have been made, opening up all the races to potential players. The groups are in need of:

Group 1: 1 Male, 1 Female
Group 2: 2 Males

Player sex is, as always, irrelevent.

GhettoMagick

Hey can I play a witch? is this an active game or is it kinda dead with random post?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Bloodied Porcelain

The game is still active!

We have two groups at the moment:

Group 1 players in that group post a minimum of once per week.
Group 2 players post around once a week to once every two weeks.

persephone325

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 01:35:41 PM
Some adjustments have been made, opening up all the races to potential players. The groups are in need of:

Group 1: 1 Male, 1 Female
Group 2: 2 Males

Player sex is, as always, irrelevent.

Do my eyes deceive me?!?! lol ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Bloodied Porcelain

Codexa

Hey! Still interested...

Just been going crazy with potentials. Then... I saw you opened up all races!

Shifters! Right? *crosses fingers*

:>

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Codexa on October 25, 2013, 03:35:44 PM
Hey! Still interested...

Just been going crazy with potentials. Then... I saw you opened up all races!

Shifters! Right? *crosses fingers*

:>

This will depend on two things...

1: Are you wanting to play male or female?
2: Which group were you looking at joining?

I ask because I -may- be willing to open up another female spot if you and persephone both get accepted and both want in to group 1. I'll just drop my shifter to NPC status. Unless, of course, you want to play a male, at which point you may have to play in group 2, because I'm pretty sure I have the male slot for group 1 already claimed by GhettoMagick.

persephone325

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 03:25:43 PM
LOL Nope. ;) and you beat me to PMing you. :p

XD Well I'll get started on a character sheet. Unless someone beats me to it, and I have to wait for another opening again. Haha.
I don't know.

Codexa

Honestly, I'm comfortable playing either gender.

I was hoping for group 1, mostly because of the quicker posting rate.

I would love to be able to play a shifter, those are my favorite type of supernaturals.

But hey, I know its hard to fill certain roles sometimes.

So, with that in mind. I am open to either a female role or a male role.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Codexa on October 25, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

I would love to be able to play a shifter, those are my favorite type of supernaturals.

I assume you're aware of and comfortable with the 400 word count minimum per post?

Codexa

Yes.

I've read through the rules, and am aware and comfortable creating posts of that length.

:P

I feel like I'm being interviewed or something. o.O;

Bloodied Porcelain

LOL Sorry for playing 20Q, I promise that's all I needed to ask. :) I just have to be more careful about making sure I know what people are submitting for characters now that I have so few slots open, and I ask -everyone- who wants to join if they're fine with the wordcount requirement, just to be safe.

Bloodied Porcelain

For those prepping sheets for me: I'm headed home, so I'll be back on in about... 20 minutes max. I promise I'm not ignoring you if I don't answer right away. ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Codexa on October 25, 2013, 03:47:55 PM

Hey. If you would rather be the female for group one, that's fine with me. I'm not sure I could deal with a quicker post rate at the moment. But I'll leave it up to you to decide. ^^
I don't know.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm open to you both submitting characters. My shifter hasn't become a big focus in anything, so it would be easy to bump her to NPC status and just stick to my Warlock for that group. If you don't think you can keep up with a once a week post rate though, it might be wise to wait until we have another female slot open up in one of the groups.

Codexa

:)

Sounds good.

Well, I'll be working on my character.. and I hope to have it submitted tonight or tomorrow.

persephone325

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 25, 2013, 05:28:56 PM
I'm open to you both submitting characters. My shifter hasn't become a big focus in anything, so it would be easy to bump her to NPC status and just stick to my Warlock for that group. If you don't think you can keep up with a once a week post rate though, it might be wise to wait until we have another female slot open up in one of the groups.

I thought it was twice a week. Once I week, I'm pretty sure I could manage.

Also, I'm working on a character. Though I'll let you know, lately I've been having the most trouble with character backgrounds. So that might take me a little longer to work on. That being said, if someone gets a character sheet in before me and the spot is filled, I have no problems waiting until another spot opens up again. ^^
I don't know.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: persephone325 on October 28, 2013, 01:50:37 AM
I thought it was twice a week. Once I week, I'm pretty sure I could manage.

Also, I'm working on a character. Though I'll let you know, lately I've been having the most trouble with character backgrounds. So that might take me a little longer to work on. That being said, if someone gets a character sheet in before me and the spot is filled, I have no problems waiting until another spot opens up again. ^^

It's once a week at minimum. We have some players in group 1 who are able to post every day (and will if given something to reply to), and others who can only post once a week.

persephone325

Sorry for the delay. I'm still looking for a character picture. It's a bit hard to find one that's a good fit.
I don't know.

LordMing

I am planning a Weretiger, but I hate using stock photos.  Can I just make my own pic using Daz studio?
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Bloodied Porcelain

We're accepting characters again!

Currently, I'm looking for:

Group 1
2 Males
1 Female

Group 2
2 Males

I am not accepting shifter characters at this time

These numbers are subject to change pending hearing back from a few players on whether or not they are still available now that the holidays are over. Role selection will largely be based on a mixture of first-come-first-serve policy as well as who submits the character I think fits best with the group. As always, who I believe will fit best from a writing perspective will also be taken in to account.