Ms. Americana (1-on-1 Superheroine game, need villain(ess)/GM)

Started by Darwishi, February 08, 2008, 12:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

Ever since seeing this picture a couple of days ago I've been wanting to play her against some sort of a villain.  I think something like "America's Greatest Superheroine" would apply here.  I haven't exactly figured out all the details, but I was thinking along the lines of super speed/invulnerability for powers.  Anyway I was thinking that she's either the only superheroine in all of the U.S. or she's one of a very small group.  Being that I need a GM I'd be willing to talk over plot lines including villains and that sort of thing first.

The plot has got to be interesting, and full of sexual tension, molesting, groping, and that sort of thing.  This is a pretty rough idea, but I'm going to list a basic profile below of the character I'd be playing, including powers and weaknesses.

Name: Sarah Goodman
Alias: Ms. Americana
Height: 5'11" (6'2" with her boots)
Build: Athletic, busty.
Hair: Long, sandy blonde hair that hangs down to about her mid back.
Eyes: Cool blue
Skin: Milky white, sunkissed in the summer months, but never a dark tan.
Costume: (See picture, only she wears a blue domino mask as well)
Occupation: Sophomore in college, majoring in journalism.  And a well known superheroine.
Income: College student: -$10,000/year  Superheroine: +$65,000/year (no taxes). 
Brief History: Sarah came into her powers at sixteen, though without another superheroine to look up to, just comic books, she had no idea what she should do with them.  Risk her life and well being to protect people? Or should she use it for her own gains?  Soon she didn't have a choice, a group of terrorists attacked her high school.  She zipped to the drama department for a costume, found one (similar to the one she wears now) and zipped back out.  Soon enough she'd defeated the terrorists and was being hailed as a real-life superheroine. 

Now three years later, she's doing things world-wide, mostly for America though, as she doesn't believe that she should have the power to govern the world.  She doesn't really believe she should have the power to govern anyone, but she'd be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the attention.  Much less the money that the government now pays her to keep their streets safe, avert natural disasters, and so on.  They even gave her a nice shield, belt, and ring that have the pocket dimensions, making Ms. Americana readily available where ever she goes. 

Powers:
Speed: Ms. Americana can run extremely fast. Along with this comes the ability to react faster than most people can think.  Top speeds thus far have been clocked up to Mach 12, but it's assumed she can go much faster than this.
Invulnerability: So her bones don't shatter, her skin doesn't catch on fire, and her muscles rip to shreds, her body has taken on an invulnerability aspect.  She has impenetrable skin, bones, and muscles so that if she hits a pebble going Mach 12 she won't get killed. There's also a small shield-like force that protects her costume from getting ripped to shreds while she runs.  It's also made of a fiber that's resistant to melting, and has a boatload of other features (like it's hard to remove) but mostly it's her power keeping the suit, and her boots, in tact.
Tranformation: Being extremely fast means that she can change from normal clothes into her suit in a split second.  She wears a ring on her finger that connects to an alternate pocket dimension that she stores both normal clothes and her costume in.  The ring isn't anything special itself, just looks like a normal ring someone might wear.  When she's in costume it's worn under one of her gloves.
Shield: Just like the costume, the shield is held in a pocket dimension that's opened from within her belt.  Which means she can only retrieve it while in costume.  The shield itself is often used for shielding other people from attacks and is made from a strong titanium alloy that's both light and super strong.

Weaknesses:
Gas: Pretty simple really, poison, aphrodisiacs, knock out, tear and an assorment of other gases can be thrown in her direction (or put on clothes and pressed over her features) to get rid of her.
Bondage:  Bolas probably would be best in battle, but failing that, once you've got her down it'd be best to  keep her down with some heavy bondage, or even light bondage if it means she can't use her legs or arms. 
Crotch: Any form of attack on the crotch will render her unable to move.  Just like anyone else, a hit to the groin will drop her like a sack of tits...erm bricks.
Legs: Not quite as easy as it sounds, her legs are a major weakness.  Take on of them out and she'll go down pretty quickly after that.
Surprise: While invulnerable, she's not super strong.  Knocking her upside the head with a fist will knock her out, granted you could also use a wrecking ball with the same result.
Belt: Not really a weakness, but she's unable to call on her shield if she's without it, not only that, but she lacks the extra layer of buffering to her stomach, making gut and stomach punches feel all the harder.
Small Spaces: In open spaces she's able to dodge around, and get up to full speeds without breaking a sweat.  However in a small space she's not able to get up to full speed, not even really get up much of any speed at all.  And with furniture it makes this process even harder.  Add gas, or another weakness and she's up shit's creek without a paddle.
Heroine: She'll always go after the innocent in trouble before chasing a badguy down.  It makes for a vulnerability that's pretty predictable, but she'll not let someone die just because she wants to bring someone in to justice.
Slippery: Things like ice, and other slippery surfaces (wet oil for example) are extremely hard to get traction on.  If she is to fall down she could have a hard time getting back up and thus makes her extremely vulnerable.
Sticky: Sticky, like slippery, could make it hard to run.  This would have to cover a large area and probably would have to have a super sticky quality to trap her once she does fall down. 

Mistiq

You seemed to have thought this out pretty well. As soon as I finished reading my brain screamed "Sidekick, Sidekick, Sidekick." Which I think means I have it mind to play an evil/quirky sidekick should the need arise. I my might step up to role of Villan, but I need some think time myself if I were to do so. I think if I did a character much like the Riddler comes to thought.

Darwishi

Mm, actually someone already jumped on this.  Though if you wanna play a game just PM me and we might can come up with something.  Need to check and make sure our On's/Off's line up though. ^^ ~nod~

Mistiq

Alright, but send a bitch a link, I'll love to read along

Darwishi

Heh, alright.  It might be a little bit, we're ironing out the kinks.

Darwishi

Turns out I lied.  Well I didn't lie, it just turns out that my partner was more bogged down with posts than they thought, so this is back open.  And some pictures here to entice those that might want to play. ^^

Dingo

Well I am most definately interested if you don't mind a slow posting rate, both as the villain and the GM.

Another point that I have a question about, do you mention all these weaknesses because you want her to get captured by the villain ?

Darwishi

How slow is a slow posting rate? ^^

As far as the villain/getting captured goes, it'll depend on whatever plot we decide to go with.  I've found out that discussing the plot beforehand tends to work better than just sitting back and letting the GM do all the work.  I list all the weaknesses to help your imagination along with whatever the villain has in store.  We can discuss it more if it's still confusing, basically at the end of the day I like the heroine to win, but defeat, humiliation, molestation, etc. along the way isn't bad just so long as there's a good plot and the villain falls at the end of the Episode/Chapter/Game (if you don't like doing more than one villain a game, that's cool, but it'll be kinda short cause I get impatient...which is why I ask how slow of a posting rate.)

Dingo

Well a slow posting rate in my opinion is one of at most 2 post per day average. Meaning that on some days I can easilly do 5-6 posts (depending on the presence of my writing partner) but on other days I can't do any at all.

And I like plots that are somewhat predetermined or where at least some behind the screens communication is going on. And I do think that a heroine should be able to win, eventually.

Darwishi

That's fine.  Sometimes a slow post rate means one every few days, and that's too slow for me!  Two a day is pretty good, five to six is better ~nod~ Anyway, so long as they're not one-liners or something.  So what kind of villain were you thinking of?  Or would you rather that I state some that I'm interested in and we go from there?  Also, remember that she's the primo-superheroine in the world.  Which means she's probably not going to go down very easily, also means I wouldn't mind starting out with some thugs that lose or something (not to say they don't grope in the process, of course.)

Dingo

Well I just have a very busy meatspace lately. (Real life if you didn't catch that phrase, and for me it still comes first)

As for the thought on the villain, I am thinking of a Kingpin, a criminal mastermind if you want. Someone who hides behinds layers of flunkies and uses his brains to take the heroine out. And probably makes it personal in the process too. For the heroine.

And yes, that does involve thugs, decoys and other nastiness.

Darwishi

Oh yeah, real life should always come first.  I just work from home so it's pretty easy to steal a few minutes online whenever I want. ^^ Probably would be easier to say what times and days you can normally get online and I'll try to pump out a few posts at those times.  The only day that doesn't work for me that I know of are Sunday mornings, afternoons, and sometimes evenings.

Hmm that definitely sounds like it could be interesting.  Would he be known as a supervillain or would he be so behind the scenes that the thugs don't even know who they answer to?  Or somewhere in between, of course.  I can think of a few scenarios off the top of my head that would be fun.  I'd imagine that he'd have tiers of flunkies, your normal thugs (some that just get lucky), your lower powered mutant thugs, your average supervillain thugs, and then of course the Kingpin (or whatever you call him) himself.  And they get fewer in numbers as they get more powerful, like a pyramid.

Also, those are just thoughts off the top of my head, so you don't have to follow them or anything, I'm just kinda throwing it out there for consideration.  I always like the idea of a normal thug getting the upperhand on some superheroine simply because she normally disposes of them so quickly...and it proves that for all her power, she's still only human.  Anyway, I guess I'll let it simmer before I let my imagination run away with it.  Maybe start with a bio for your character with picture?

Dingo

I know who I have in mind as the main villain, but the digging for a picture will have to wait for tomorrow, as I have reached the end of my daily free time in cyberspace. Strangely enough for this fellow I have my picture planned out, while normally I don't actually do pictures.

The main villain when the heroines actions become a nuisance to his operation will begin a game of chess to eliminate her from the picture. There's plenty of time for her to shine, but he is a master player of the game, and will use many mundane situation much to his own advantage.

(There's a bit that I like and that's the psychology bit for great villains)

Darwishi

Dingo

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1313512192/nm0000460

That is a link to a picture of Jeremy Irons, someone who came to mind immediately when i was thinking about the appearance for a villain for this setting.

Bio.

Name: Daniel Black
Several years ago nobody has ever heard of Daniel Black, but in these days everybody knows the billionaire philantropist, who made his money in real estate and wise investments. Mister Black is frequently seen on parties all over the States and is on a first name basis with many of the captains of industry and politics.

Unknown to many, suspected by many, Daniel Black is a creation, someone who actually doesn't exist and was born under a different name with a different profession. He made his fortune in crime, in the American Dream style. Starting out as a small crook and growing out to become the financer of many a criminal enterprise, as well as providing the manpower, connections and information required to perform a succesful crime.

Darwishi

Hm, so what kinda resources does he have? Like some of his main flunkies (the mutant ones mostly)? If you wanna use my model for building a character, that's cool, I stole that from a book. ^^