Seeking Stories Based on Hannibal (Television Series)

Started by GnothiSeauton, March 12, 2014, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

So, I've been having a huge, big craving for a story (or stories) based around the television show Hannibal.  I'm not exactly looking for something based on Silence of the Lambs or Red Dragon.  I feel like the show and the books/movies are completely different, apart from the characters.  I absolutely love the portrayal of Hannibal Lector in the show, and would like to do a story around that.

I'm up to hear any ideas or takes for a story angle or plot line.  I wouldn't mind doing a more modern retake on Silence on the Lambs in the vein of the spirit of the television show.  Currently I am doing a story with someone, and although I usually try to resist doing duplicates of a story or similar stories, my craving is so much so that I am dying to write it.

I don't mind writing Hannibal Lector, a modern take on Clarice Starling, or an original character.  This is an example of my attempt to take on Hannibal Lector, for those who would be interested to see.

An idea for a potential story...

A Descent into Darkness
Inspiration:  Hannibal (Television Show)
Extreme
MxF
Seeking Male or Female Characters

Modern, Hannibal, Hannibal Lector X OC, Possible Cannibalism, Murder, Death

She has always been a quiet woman.  From a young age she had been taught to be respectful, to be quiet unless spoken to, always keeping her head down and staying out of the way.  She had been taught to respect her elders, to cherish her husband, to believe in the sanctity of life.  But no matter what, no matter what she tried, or what she told herself, she could not suppress the urges, the dark, troubling feelings which plagued her mind.  She wanted to kill.  She wanted to feel the life slip away from someone, from something, even though she knew it was wrong, so utterly wrong.  She needed help, needed someone to help her with her issues, to guide her back into the light.

Little did she know the man she would go to see would do just the opposite.

This is a story set around the Hannibal television show, featuring the leading male character as Hannibal.  I didn't want this to turn out to be the Anthony Hopkins version of him.  I was looking for more of the Hannibal on the television show, with Mads Mikkelsen.  The two seem different to me.  The Hannibal of the show is a narcissist, with a massive pride.  He likes to play the strings, setting people against one another, bring out their darksides.  A living, breathing Lucifer on Earth.

NEW!  A Correspondence With the Devil  NEW!
Inspiration:  Hannibal (Television Series)
Extreme
MxF
Seeking Male or Female Characters

Modern, Psychological Drama, Graphic Discussions, Hannibal X OC Student

There was a detail in one of the books which kind of caught my attention, and helped sparked this idea of mine...

She was a hard worker, dedicated to her work and studies.  There wasn't a night where she was studying, her face buried in books while her friends were off at some campus event, drinking their hearts out.  The time for partying and drinking would come in life, later than that moment.  For College, in her eyes, was about bettering oneself, of pushing the mind to absorb all it can, to prepare for the world beyond academia.

She wasn't the kind of student to settle for some sort of easy, over-done topic for her psychology thesis.  No.  She wanted something tough, something difficult, something most students in her shoes would have never imagined to do, something many would have cringed.  She was going to write about Hannibal the Cannibal.

For what I had in mind for this story was, at first, a long build up.  I know for some it isn't ideal for a story, but I kind of like it for this one.  I saw the two of them exchanging letters back and forth, building some sort of relationship.  Perhaps when he escapes and is free, he goes to her, thinking she would be a lifeline, a helping hand to aid in his quest for freedom.

NEW!  Interview with a Cannibal  NEW
Inspiration:  Hannibal (Television Series), Silence of the Lambs, and Red Dragon
Extreme
MxF
Male or Female Characters Wanted

Modern, Crime, Psychological Drama, Hannibal Lector X OC Detective / Special Investigator

A young, up and coming detective/special investigator is investigating a series of gruesome deaths.  It's unlike anything anyone has ever come across before, a new kind of killer that leaves the authorities puzzled and struggling to put together a clear picture of the killer's psychology.  Out of desperation for leads and answers, they turn to Him.

What I had in mind was more along the lines of a more modern retelling of Silence of the Lambs, with more elements of the television series. 

If interested, please send me a PM.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories