Spartacus: War of the Damned (Started, Romans needed)

Started by Primarch, February 04, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Looks good to me. Only thing I'd say is to change the faction from "Spartacus" to Rebel when the time comes to post the app to the OOC/Character thread. Just because we likely won't have Spartacus himself, being an OC game.

bubby

What he said! Any reference to 'Spartacus' should be changed to Rebel.

RubySlippers

Okay, no problem.

And I noticed in the show the traditional laws for whores are not in full effect so left her hair au naturale not dyed. She may or may not wear much if anything while working but at home likely will save a discarded girl in the countryside to adopt into her home as a daughter so likely will be more modest there in that case.

Oh there is room for a Legate patron and a rebel lover preferebly a woman in her life, that could make things interesting later on.

bubby

Name: Zia
Faction: Rebels
Position Rebel Leader
Nationality: Thracian

Appearance:

Personality: Being Thracian, Zia was raised as a warrior. She is fierce, and brutal, and fears nothing. She lives for battle, and wants nothing more then to see rivers of Roman blood surrounding her. She is a born leader, and has taken on the mantle of one of the Commanders of the Rebel forces easily.

Equipment: A pair of double edged swords, and a pair of boot knives. Basic leather and cotton clothing.

Skills: Skilled with wielding double blades. Smaller ambushes are her speciality, always being the one to lead smaller bands to take over slave or supply caravans.

Backstory: Zia had followed her husband into war. Had fought at his side, and had watched him die by Roman swords. She had also been captured and forced into chains. She was not a docile slave, and many who tried to force themselves upon her found themselves wishing they hadn't. Sent to the arena, she was one to be fated to die by a Gladiators sword, but managed to fight her way free. Her escape led her eking out survival on her own, until she came across a band of Rebels.

So it was that she came to be free once again, and vowed that never again would she be under the Roman yoke.

kckolbe

Well, I was leaning toward playing a soldier, so I would be very interested in playing a patron, though I doubt I will be a Legatus.  If you are interested in making room for a lesser-ranked soldier (maybe a regular who mainly hired less expensive prostitutes).  I think that could be interesting should my character come into information and find himself receiving more attention from Deborah.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Primarch

Name: Severus Gaius Tigurius
Faction: The Republic of Rome
Position Legatus legionis
Nationality: Roman

Appearance:

Personality: Approachable and amiable, a proud Commander and tenacious warrior for the glory of Rome. He considers slaves to be near non-entities, having no morale issue in seeing female slaves used for the pleasure of himself or guests in his home, or unruly slaves beaten or even executed for crimes real or imagined. He occasionally suffers from pains in his head that if left unattended see him in need for long rest.
Equipment: Roman Standard (Gladius, Scutum, Galea helm)
Skills: As one would expect for a Legatus, Tigurius is a well trained Commander and experience has honed his skills to a degree that have earned him much praise and recognition. Able to predict the moves of lesser Commanders. When the need arises to cross swords personally, he is dangerous with his gladius and has cut down many men whom made the mistake that his skills are in strategy alone.

Backstory: From a family of only moderate name and wealth among the Senate. Tigurius is perhaps the first since his great grandfather with both the talent and ambition to further himself among Rome's Elite. Although already noted as a military leader, he proved himself a particularly valuable asset against Mithridates. When the Senate saw fit to dispatch an Imperator to deal with the slave rebellion, Legatus Tigurius saw it as a further chance to raise the value of his name, his family also heavy money invested in Ludus and slave-caravans all over the country, and prisoners taken in this campaign could boost his stock considerably, making it very profitable indeed.

Once he was prepared for a fresh campaign, he set out with two full infantry legions and an Alaris auxiliary. 

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 03:39:51 PM
Well, I was leaning toward playing a soldier, so I would be very interested in playing a patron, though I doubt I will be a Legatus.  If you are interested in making room for a lesser-ranked soldier (maybe a regular who mainly hired less expensive prostitutes).  I think that could be interesting should my character come into information and find himself receiving more attention from Deborah.

Playing a lesser ranked soldier would be fine.

kckolbe

Oh, I just wanted to see if that was a char concept that Ruby Slippers would want her character associating with, because I definitely want my character to be around hers at least every once in a while.  ~grins~

I was actually leaning toward an archer type, if that suits you, Primarch.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

bubby

:'( No one wants to play with Zia? *Snerks*

We need lesser Roman soldiers, as well as Rebel. I'd really like to have an Ashur type of char, a sneaky double agent. We also need more leaders for both sides.

I will reiterate that though of course this game will have sex, I don't want this to be the focus!

kckolbe

Bubby, I don't think I have had a single character have sex in any game we have ever played together.  Wa-POW.  Even if the sex never happens, though, I like for my characters to interact with characters they would want to have sex with. 

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 04:57:26 PM

Don't worry, we'll meet on the field of battle and my heroic Legatus might let Zia be his favoured sex slave while she's captured.

bubby

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 05:01:08 PM
Bubby, I don't think I have had a single character have sex in any game we have ever played together.  Wa-POW.  Even if the sex never happens, though, I like for my characters to interact with characters they would want to have sex with.

*Snickerfits at the 'wa-POW' *

Tru dat boo!

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 05:03:17 PM
Don't worry, we'll meet on the field of battle and my heroic Legatus might let Zia be his favoured sex slave while she's captured.

*Chuckles* Yes, this shall be fun methinks. MORE PLAYERS!

RubySlippers

Quote from: bubby on February 05, 2013, 04:57:26 PM

We need lesser Roman soldiers, as well as Rebel. I'd really like to have an Ashur type of char, a sneaky double agent. We also need more leaders for both sides.

I will reiterate that though of course this game will have sex, I don't want this to be the focus!

You can be my characters lover, when not slaughtering Romans.  :-*

And a harlot of her standing has value just soldiers and people visiting her brothel would be useful for information, if the Legates favorite whore or she can get a camp follower deal with his army even better.

But if its like the series there will be people getting jiggity with it.  ;)

Primarch

Should we assume her brothel is in the city the Slave Army has occupied? Or her employee's have extensive presence in the Followers camp, tending to the most important needs of all the soldiers (15,000 men just from my characters forces!). After all, the men can't just finish a day of beating those rebels, then take a walk back to Rome for a trip to the brothel, then walk all the way back to the warcamp to go to bed before the next shift.

bubby

RubySlippers

I will note to the rebels she is likely the only brothel owner not using slaves, so should be in okay with them just by reputation.

In fact posing as a harlot could be a good way to get some spies into the city you don't need to be good looking to much to service this lot. lol

Okay save their Legate.

But funding a moving brothel should not be to hard for her, she has the funds and business knowledge and if she needs investors it shouldn't be to hard. Kind of hard for whores NOT to make money following an army.

bubby

Ok gang, off to work for the night again.

If any of you who are currently invested in playing this game know of anyone who might also be interested, please spread the word!

Primarch

I'm going to put a "Looking for" in the OP. If anyone has a character they are looking for (such as a husband/wife/mistress/lover/best-friend/body slave/right hand etc etc) let me know and I'll include it.

RubySlippers

Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off).

Primarch

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 05, 2013, 06:04:19 PM
Personal servant, not a slave should be a freedwoman (former slave) or freewoman (a free woman) likely with a history with her like maybe she helped free her family and the former slave stayed on out of affection for the kind mistress or something including being an indentured servant (not a slave but have a debt to repay so would work it off).

You got it.

RubySlippers

Oh only Buddies can pm me I Buddied everyone in the game so if you need to chat now in a pm go ahead.  ;D

kckolbe

Whew!  I was wondering what I'd done to earn a block.  I couldn't remember us having a fight of any kind, but I have been here a few years, so wasn't completely sure.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Your not bad, I just like to get messages from people who I have games with or like and well your not in the latter.

Just kidding.  ;D

kckolbe

Ruby, I was wondering if you would be interested in a lesser patron as well, as I am thinking of playing an archer under Primarch's command.  Even if he were not a direct patron of hers, perhaps he visits one of her whores (maybe another PC), but she checks in on him to make sure he is happy, makes him feel welcome, and chats to see if he knows anything.

Primarch, how would you feel about my character being from a stronger family, but the soldier himself being less than impressive, perhaps only under Tigurius' command to strengthen his ties?  I was thinking of an archer, but am a bit flexible.

Intro Thread

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on February 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
Primarch, how would you feel about my character being from a stronger family, but the soldier himself being less than impressive, perhaps only under Tigurius' command to strengthen his ties?  I was thinking of an archer, but am a bit flexible.

While you are free to take up an archer, unless other people show interest in playing 'rank and file' troops I'd advise against it. You'd quickly find yourself without any to RP with. Some random archer would never find himself socializing with the 'leaders.'

Regardless, someone from a powerful family just elected to Military Tribune could serve directly under my Legatus?