He's Michael the Terrible Boyfriend.

Started by Inkidu, September 17, 2008, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

And yet plenty of them ARE dating the wrong guys.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Trieste

And some don't date ANY guys and therefore don't have that problem.

Inkidu

Personally I peed my pants... <,<

So serious tonight E?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Avi

Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Trieste

Inkidu

Quote from: Trieste on September 18, 2008, 12:20:23 PM
I found it less than amusing.
Can't make all the people laugh all the time. *Shrug*

Apple of Eris

That was supposed to be funny? It was just too stupid for words.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Inkidu

Quote from: Apple Tart on September 18, 2008, 08:33:23 PM
That was supposed to be funny? It was just too stupid for words.
*Points to above comment*

Sabby

Wait, is that the one with the Pterodactyl? That's clever and hilarious.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabbat on September 20, 2008, 11:04:41 AM
Wait, is that the one with the Pterodactyl? That's clever and hilarious.
Yep, it was the first time I was ever like LOL Wut?!

Porphyre

Sabby

I prefer Chucks Tux... its his best work so far, with the possible exception of Irving, the Socially Awkward Bee

Paradox

Quote from: Porphyre on September 21, 2008, 12:03:51 AM
LOL that was unexpected.

How about this guy instead, ladies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi1xUvuZ-yo

The OP video was pretty dumb, but I loved this one!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

despickable

I'm better bobby is getting more than I am.

the Harry was just weird and not funny sorry

When ever I am asked what I look for in a woman I reply A pulse.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

The Overlord

No...actually I wasn't thinking that.

I was thinking WTF?!?

The Overlord

Quote from: Trieste on September 18, 2008, 12:20:23 PM
I found it less than amusing.

I'd put it about at 'Happy Tree Friends' level of amusing.

In other words not. I'm still baffled how people laugh at that...I can play a video game with violent graphics but make it all cartoons and I feel so dirty...it's like something sacred has been violated...too close to watching my beloved childhood Saturday morning cartoons in an R-rated context...just so wrong.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on August 21, 2009, 07:17:58 AM
I'd put it about at 'Happy Tree Friends' level of amusing.

In other words not. I'm still baffled how people laugh at that...I can play a video game with violent graphics but make it all cartoons and I feel so dirty...it's like something sacred has been violated...too close to watching my beloved childhood Saturday morning cartoons in an R-rated context...just so wrong.
It's actually the epitome of a joke.

A joke is two stories. The first story (instance, situation) gets you to make an assumption as to what will happen. The second story totally flips that on you and thus makes it incongruous. All humor requires incongruity.

The anti-joke is the opposite but can still be funny. The prime example is "Why did the chicken cross the road?" 
"To get to the other side."

This joke requires that the person knows it's a joke and for him to make an assumption, and as such when hit with reality it causes the incongruity.

However, all humor is at someone or something's expense and is subjective. So not everyone finds it funny.

And as E.B. White said, "Dissecting a joke is like dissecting a frog: Not many people like to do it, and both are dead at the end of it."

Rescate

...Well, I laughed.

That probably says more about me that I just laughed like a bloody madwoman instead of thinking about it.

Oh dear.
Rather/Not. *** Apologies and Absences

There's a fine, fine line between a fairytale and a lie.

SuperHans

I actually had to stop myself falling off the chair. That was the best!
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O