BESM/OVA/OverArms: Persona 6

Started by Malkavian, June 30, 2020, 10:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malkavian

Cool! Will wait to get some input from other interested parties before making the room.

TheSithChicken

I'm rolling around an image in my head of someone coming from harder metal. Someone with some anger issues. The kind of guy who would blare "Sanctified with Dynamite" as he fights shadows with a tetsubo and a sawed off shotgun.

Malkavian

Quote from: TheSithChicken on July 01, 2020, 11:38:46 PMI'm rolling around an image in my head of someone coming from harder metal. Someone with some anger issues. The kind of guy who would blare "Sanctified with Dynamite" as he fights shadows with a tetsubo and a sawed off shotgun.

Nice! Loving the image, and could imagine fighting alongside such a guy. Any idea what his Persona might be? So far we have Memnoch/wild card and Cerberus.

TheSithChicken

Malkavian

Was just waiting to hear back from the member who PM'd me. I'll look at making a proper thread for this soon in the RP areas.

Rummy Tum Tum

wingnut2292

Hello! If it's not too late to join, I have an idea.

My character is of the Lovers Arcana. He's a classically trained countertenor - he has a "double falsetto" and as a result can sing higher than some girls. He's also into crossplay (displaying as the opposite sex) and he's become quite good at it. You wouldn't think of him as being so - my character is on the tall side. But otherwise - fine face, large eyes, peach-fuzz at best beard, narrow shoulders, long, slender hands. With some pads, a wig and a little make-up he will turn your heads.

Well my girlfriend and I was practicing an act for our next convention when her father observed us. My girfriend's father owns a Noh Theater and was an onnagata in his prime. An onnagata is a Noh actor who specializes in playing female roles, because Noh is an all-male tradition. My girlfriends father was quite impressed and made me an offer - he'd sponsor my college education, if I became his understudy at the theater for a number of years.

That's a big offer... One my character hasn't committed to. It could give him a lot of exposure, and set up his future by having a Bachelor's Degree - or even a Master's - without any student debt. He's have a pairs internship and plenty of hands m-on time with his mentor. But... My character is worried about his reputation, what his friends and family would think, and to a lesser degree his identity. Mind you, he's straight. He's not trans, just a part-time crossdresser. But does he want to be professionally know as a crossdresser?

To test the waters, he's applied his art skills into making a virtual youtouber channel, where the main character is a Miku-esque Jpop star.

His Persona is Wa Alice, a very Asian but also very girly version of Alice-in-Wonderland. He'd probably have Ice, Wind or Psy as his element, and his sub 2rd Esserspeciality would be mental status ailments like charm, dispair, rage or panic. A good performer is supposed to instill strong emotions in his audience.

When in the Metaverse, his outfit resembles his virtual youtube star persona. This is interisting because Cognitive Psience comes into play. Is he a guy or a girl in the Metaverse? The answer is yes to both.  Physically he dosen't change, but... Just as you guns fire real-enough bullets if the guns look real enough, just as new Phantom Thieves have guns even though Ryuji only bought a gun for Ren, my character is effectively an honorary girl as far as the Metaverse is concerned. Anything that affects girls, like,say the charm attack of a self-important boss, affects me too.

Malkavian

Nice idea! Loving everything I've heard from folks so far!

To ensure this keeps momentum, I'm going to make the OOC Thread for it now and link back here. Those who have shared ideas can join me there; those who have stated interest but not shared ideas please do share them here before joining. =)

Not sure if the member who PM'd me was interested in GMing or not. If need be I can GM to a degree, though I'd still like to play my wild card leader, so not sure how well that would work. =/

Edit: Here's the link to the OOC Thread, where those who have given character ideas (wingnut2292, TheSithChicken, and Rummy Tum Tum) should move to in order to continue discussing! When you go there, please also let me know whether you prefer BESM 4e, OVA, or freeform.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=322675.0

TheHangedOne

*Sneaky hugs the Malkavian.* Hallo folks~

Tossing some ideas around. Someone who plays the flute, maybe, unless we're going for more like a quartet?  Maybe a bit too on the nose, but he'd have the wind element, and his Persona would likely be one of the Winds from Greek myth (or a Fury). As for a weapon, maybe a longer range weapon; crossbow, perhaps.

I'll try to round the idea out some more tomorrow, when I (hopefully) have a fresh mind.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Malkavian

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 06, 2020, 09:43:48 PM*Sneaky hugs the Malkavian.*

My Lunatic senses are tingling...

And yay! More people! Feel free to join us in the other channel!

In terms of the music aspect, it doesn't need to be a quartet necessarily in the sense of them being a band - I imagined each member of the Open Mic Knights (and yes, that's sticking until someone suggests/provides something better! =P) having their own styling of music and means of performing it when they summon their Persona/fight. My wild card, for example, will be a singer, rather than using an instrument - which is useful, as her hands will be full with either dual pistols or dual knives.

Malkavian

A reminder to anyone who shared a character idea and who is interested but who HASN'T done so yet, we're moving discussions over to https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=322675.0 . So far, the only players over there, and who are progressing the pre-game planning, are:

Malkavian
Rummy Tum Tum
TheHangedMan
TheSithChicken

You have until we're finished planning and getting started on character creation to join in this set-up bit!

Zeth

So what system did you settle on?

Malkavian

BESM 4e in the end; the game is on (hopefully temporary) hiatus, as most of the players are busy. If this changes, I'll want to pick it back up.

Zeth

What power level? How many character points for our characters build?

Malkavian

That was still being determined. Until everyone is ready to resume, it's not yet settled upon, but likely Adventurer.

Zeth

I know  nothing of persona 5. But I can read a wiki and fake. Can I still join?

TheHangedOne

*Is still here, brings baked goods to feed to the peoples.*
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Malkavian

Quote from: Zeth on August 18, 2020, 05:30:37 PMI know  nothing of persona 5. But I can read a wiki and fake. Can I still join?

If/when it resumes? I see no issue with that!

Zeth

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 18, 2020, 06:58:10 PM
*Is still here, brings baked goods to feed to the peoples.*

*partakes in baked goods.*

Right then. Malkavian, you want to rp BESM 4e with me and knock boots in a different thread? Hanged Man your invited as well.

Malkavian

Quote from: Zeth on August 18, 2020, 07:15:14 PMRight then. Malkavian, you want to rp BESM 4e with me and knock boots in a different thread? Hanged Man your invited as well.

Tempted! I did want to use the following character art at some point... but would depend on what setting you had in mind?

Zeth

The default cosmic web setting in the book. If you want to be a space bunny girl, i'm guessing Cathedral as the starting point.

Malkavian

Perhaps! Might have grown up on Earth, but was kept hidden, or ended up there later on; either way, she'll likely be a skilled fighter, tactician, and Mech rider.

Zeth

Well we could just do mecha earth. Hmm maybe we should take this to pms so not to stink up the persona thread.

Malkavian

Quote from: Zeth on August 18, 2020, 08:01:58 PMWell we could just do mecha earth. Hmm maybe we should take this to pms so not to stink up the persona thread.

Downside to that is that we can't three-way PM, and I think TheHangedMan might be interested? Worth checking before we vanish to PMs?

Zeth

Ah right. Well looking at chapter 14 there is existing worlds I'd use as a setting. I never done Mechas in BESM 4th before. They do have prewritten adventures, but I am broke.