Font? {Resolved}

Started by Drake Valentine, October 14, 2015, 08:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

What is the original font or does this site have an original font style?

Needless to say, my Firefox updated or rebooted or something and now I got this ugly 15x Times New Roman font, I tried shrinking it, but it didn't appeal to be the basic site wise font from earlier. >_<` Honestly, it is really messing with me, so not sure if site had an original style font or if I am going to have to experiment to find a more appealing font or if anyone has any suggestions to font to switch it too.

I also tried the check box of letting sites to choose their own fonts besides my choices, but I can't honestly tell if it is working. ;\ It still looks hideous to me, maybe my unknown layout was different completely from before. I dunno. v.v Not sure what firefox may had been, but the present font that it is subjected to is messing with me. And it isn't just this site, it is like, everywhere.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vekseid

Try making sure you have all of Microsoft's 'core fonts for the web' installed and working.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mscorefonts/

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Vekseid on October 14, 2015, 04:37:16 PM
Try making sure you have all of Microsoft's 'core fonts for the web' installed and working.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mscorefonts/

Thanks,  but it didn't resolve anything. v.v`

Also, similar browser (Google Chrome) is showing font almost basically the same as with Firefox. I know I am not going crazy, cause other sites I browse before their font was much smaller set, but now their font looks like it is set in twelve font size. I can bare this as it appeals to have shrink earlier, but I don't think it was like it was before.

E doesn't look like it is in twelve font all over place, but other places do.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Vekseid

It is likely your font cache is corrupted.

CCleaner comes with this ability, I believe.

The Dark Raven

Also make sure your browser didn't glitch its default zoom to something like 150%.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Oniya

Quote from: Drake Valentine on October 14, 2015, 08:18:41 AM
What is the original font or does this site have an original font style?

Looking at the code for this page, it looks like the font family is 'Verdana, Arial, san-serif'. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Basically if you are seeing serif fonts like Times something is very wrong.

Drake Valentine

Nah, I think things are somewhat back to normal, not sure how to explain it. Just the font looks larger than it should. I have it set in settings to use chosen site font settings which overlapped times new roman and whatnot.

However, on other pages some font is just larger than it should be. Hell, even here it looks a 'little' bigger than it originally did. >.<  I know when I look at a 'code' sheet it doesn't look right as it used to.

I also do not see any thing on browser scaling/zoom in options and it ins't just this browser(firefox) that has font looking a little larger, but also that of google chrome.

The stuff was all just fine, till my computer updated few days ago. -.-`

Vekseid

Drake Valentine

I think things are back to normal now. The ctrl+0 didn't work though.

I changed DPI from 120 down to 100, but everything ended up much smaller after reboot. Then I returned it back to its state of 120 that I had it set as and it seems the font issues have cleared up. Nothing appeals overly big than it should be. So not sure if that corrected it or me earlier doing browser options and not resetting my browser may of fixed it.

Thanks for all the help though. ^-^`