Interest Check: 7th Sea Avalon

Started by Zeth, July 23, 2015, 02:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

I would like to run a 7th Sea set game in Avalon. No Destiny Spreads and no Sidhe Player Characters allowed. So is anyone interested? Does anyone have a plot idea for this?

Muse

I'd like a game like that a great deal. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pumpkin Seeds

7th Sea is always a good time.  Could always go with a plot around the Sea Dogs.

Kolbrandr

tentative interest. Would this be as starting characters and such?

edit: plot wise, maybe something with the knights of Elaine or something centered around nobles at high court and parliament and that kind of thing.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Pumpkin Seeds

Be interesting to mix a James Bond feel to Elaine's Knights.

Zeth

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 23, 2015, 04:42:18 AM
tentative interest. Would this be as starting characters and such?

edit: plot wise, maybe something with the knights of Elaine or something centered around nobles at high court and parliament and that kind of thing.

Yes, we will be using starting characters with the standard Char Gen Rules in the Players handbook. You my also buy advantages from the Avalon Nation book. Once we nail down the plot, I'll decide what secret societies and other books are allowed.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Pumpkin Seeds

Zeth

Well do I need the pirate book to run sea dogs?

Pumpkin Seeds

Probably not but doubt it would hurt.

Crash

Zeth

Well Sea Dogs is easier ten running a Court Intrigue. So what section shall this game be put in?

hellrazoromega

Oh me, me!

Zeth

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 06:47:44 PM
About time you showed up.  ;)
was out just got back :)

So do we need to be from Avalon?

Zeth

No, but the game takes place there so your character being able to Speak Avalon is important.

Pumpkin Seeds

Nice thing is that what is most exciting for everyone would be boarding which is just swashbuckling from one ship to another.

Zeth

Okay now to address the sex. I'm thinking Bondage and human only. Is that okay?

Crash

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 07:36:06 PM

Fine with me.

Pumpkin Seeds

Zeth

I cracked open the Pirate nations book. So you guys want to be actual Sea Dogs and part of The Black Dawn's crew? Or Avalon Privateers with your own boat? We will also use the rules in the Pirate Nations book.

Everyone may go ahead and pot character concepts here.

Crash

If you want to stick to Avalon I would say privateers.

I am thinking of an Inish with the Finnigan bare knuckles fighting school. Not sure starting characters would have their own ship, but if so maybe a boatswain.

Zeth

That wasn't the question. The question is do you want to serve in the Sea Dogs under Captain Berek on the Black Dawn or be a separate privateer ship with one of you as captain?

Crash

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 10:58:11 PM
That wasn't the question. The question is do you want to serve in the Sea Dogs under Captain Berek on the Black Dawn or be a separate privateer ship with one of you as captain?

Oops sorry for the misunderstanding.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 07:36:06 PM
Priates and bondage?!?!  I don't see it.   :P Just kidding---makes sense to me.

Quote from: Zeth on July 23, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
I cracked open the Pirate nations book. So you guys want to be actual Sea Dogs and part of The Black Dawn's crew? Or Avalon Privateers with your own boat? We will also use the rules in the Pirate Nations book.

Everyone may go ahead and pot character concepts here.

I say we forge our own path or at least have our own ship under Berek's command.

I am thinking of going with Montaigne or Castille but I will be sending a PM with another question and that will shape my background.

Kolbrandr

I'm honestly not really into the Sea Dogs, but I think you have enough people to go on ahead regardless. Good luck with it!

Pumpkin Seeds

I'd say own ship. 

Probably going to play a woman whose family had close ties to Montaigne.  Despite having ancient ties to the landscape of Avalon, her family has mixed blood with the Montaigne and their business dealings were closely tied.  Over the years that old alliance has cost them.  My character would be pushing to re-establish her family’s name and fortune through being part of the Sea Dogs.  Thinking she would practice the Andrews style as she agrees with the tactics and has an appreciation for the nobility of the rapier.

Zeth

Gah, sailing has so many rules.  I'm going to just run a Knights themed game in Avalon instead. Come back Kolbrandr!

Crash

I am less interested in a knights game so Kolbrandr and I can switch out.  Have fun all!

Kolbrandr

The majority of your would be players were really into the Sea Dogs thing though. I would say that the rules for sailing aren't /that/ bad. You can handwave some of it, or certainly focus on player scale efforts instead of resolving mass boarding actions.

Zeth

Yeah but then we have to decide who is going to be captain and spends Character points on the ship. Which I can't locate rules for to boot. My original goal was a game set in valon and playing sea dogs takes you to the open sea.

Kolbrandr

Everyone can spent points on the ship really. Or you can just give them a ship from one of the sample ships for maximum ease of stuff.  Ship design is on page 194 of the player's guide, and sample ships start on 198.

(I've... run and played a lot of 7th sea *cough*)

Pumpkin Seeds

If it's not what you wanted then that's fine.  If you are interested in a privateer game I'm sure many of us would be happy to help make that happen.  Just as I'm sure many would be happy to help make a Knights game happen if you prefer.

Muse

A game on Avalon's shores sounds perfectly fine to me.  (As does Bondage Human System.) 

If we have a finegan fighter and a swordswoman--which may have changed?--I may do a glamour sorcerer. 

Of course the nice thing about glamour is its pretty versatile.  You could have 2-3 diferent glamour users with largely diferent abilites. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

hellrazoromega

Well a lot of the ship stuff could be hand waved and we can help. That said let me know if we are to be confined to Avalon's shores that will make a huge change for my character. I was thinking of going Castillian but if we are land locked to Avalon that might not be such a good idea.

Zeth

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 24, 2015, 03:18:56 PM
Well a lot of the ship stuff could be hand waved and we can help. That said let me know if we are to be confined to Avalon's shores that will make a huge change for my character. I was thinking of going Castillian but if we are land locked to Avalon that might not be such a good idea.

Not necessarily, people from Castille, and many other nations, come to Avalon for various reasons.

Kolbrandr

If we're Knights of Elaine though, they're the lot of them from the Islands.

Zeth

Well as long as some one isa Knight the others can be a friend that helps. The last time I tried to force everyone into one society it back fired.

hellrazoromega

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Zeth on July 25, 2015, 12:18:13 PM
Well as long as some one isa Knight the others can be a friend that helps. The last time I tried to force everyone into one society it back fired.

It would be a touch weird for the premise is all. "The agents of the Queen of Avalon about on duty for monarch and country! And also that guy, who is sort of snowflake-ily along for the ride." It's why my other suggestion was something more broadly court centered instead.

Zeth

Hmm we need a set and specific plot. This whole general winging it thing isn't working.

Pumpkin Seeds

The best method I've seen for forum games tends to be making a "central" point like a town or city where the characters sort of congregate and call a home base.  Then you sort of sandbox that area while at the same time introducing plots that might have them venture out as a group.  So really as a GM you are then fleshing out one area real well, letting us sort of play around in there and then as you come up with ideas you can just flesh out small tracts of land outside the "home."

Muse

Pumpkin's got a really solid diea.  Another way to do things--which could be included in hers or seperate--is to c ome up with your villain and what he wants. 

I'll do a knight of Elain's court if it'll help.  Doing so will give you a character who has to take orders, which is great for getting plots moving. 

Kolbrandr

I'd be keen on playing a knight as well really, though I'd note, even if not in my interests, the pirate thing is probably the easiest for diversity of concept and also single focus. You're on a ship, you do pirate/privateer things.

I'd otherwise, for a knight campaign or court or some such, suggest basing things out of Caerleon, it's the capital, it has a lot going on, it gets a full page of detail, and there's even a map of sorts.

Beyond that.. I'd actually ask/suggest going for more than 100 point starting, and in this case that has nothing to do with a like for powerful characters so much as a like of ones competent compared to the setting.

7th sea sort of has three main problems (or, at least, most people I talk to have agreed on such), that love of 7th Sea makes for people putting up with.

1) the metaplot from Die Kreuzritter onwards (but that's ignorable)

2) the named npcs in almost all the books are on the whole statted on a scale that as a player you will, especially at the slow rate characters in pbp advance, never touch.

3) Everything is hilariously expensive to the point that you actually hobble yourself pretty hard to take a swordsman's school or sorcery, especially when there are so many different knacks in base skills needed for so many different things (behold athletics alone, and despair. Or courtier). Especially as a swordsman, someone who just spends straight on relevant traits and skills will generally be as good if not better at ass kicking.

Most games I've played in, to get around that, or to at least provide the chance of getting to one day feel the journeyman level of whatever thing you ran with, or make it less painful to go for full sorcery or swordsman (or god help if you if you looked at the various npcs that have both and thought "I could do that too!", both) go for creation point spending from 175-250, while keeping the nothing above 3 limit so that no one borgs into 5s of whatever or starts as a journeyman in something or etc.

It's just a personal view I've had and found in a few others, figured to mention.

Zeth

While I agree with everything you said so far, I must say No. I tried giving out extra points before and it bit me in the ass. Build your characters in the standard way and I'll pour on the XP during play.

kckolbe

Quote from: Kolbrandr on July 25, 2015, 09:12:52 PM
Everything is hilariously expensive to the point that you actually hobble yourself pretty hard to take a swordsman's school or sorcery, especially when there are so many different knacks in base skills needed for so many different things (behold athletics alone, and despair. Or courtier). Especially as a swordsman, someone who just spends straight on relevant traits and skills will generally be as good if not better at ass kicking.

This is true at character creation, but in a long campaign, those with sword schools do become stronger.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kolbrandr

Quote from: kckolbe on July 25, 2015, 09:29:28 PM
This is true at character creation, but in a long campaign, those with sword schools do become stronger.

It has to be a pretty long campaign, is what I'm saying there.

Zeth

Well in a real 7th Sea game played at a live table you get 3 to 5 xp points a session plus left over Drama. By the time your rep is high enough for one of those NPCS to notice you, you would of gamed 5 sessions or more and have between 15 to 25 xp under your belt for each player character. When you actually face him, it is usually at the end of an adventure, another 4 or 5 sessions and each character has between 30 to 50 x plus drama dice xp and can totally kick the crap out of him.

No one I have met has played 7h Sea live though. It is always play by post, and play by post does not have set sessions. Therefore GMs must wing it and Player Characters are getting LESS XP then they should and come out under powered. Also most GMs I met ignore the Reputation system. A key mechanic to character growth. So f I give you extra XP and you actually spend them, your characters will be fine.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 25, 2015, 10:17:35 PM
Well in a real 7th Sea game played at a live table you get 3 to 5 xp points a session plus left over Drama. By the time your rep is high enough for one of those NPCS to notice you, you would of gamed 5 sessions or more and have between 15 to 25 xp under your belt for each player character. When you actually face him, it is usually at the end of an adventure, another 4 or 5 sessions and each character has between 30 to 50 x plus drama dice xp and can totally kick the crap out of him.

No one I have met has played 7h Sea live though. It is always play by post, and play by post does not have set sessions. Therefore GMs must wing it and Player Characters are getting LESS XP then they should and come out under powered. Also most GMs I met ignore the Reputation system. A key mechanic to character growth. So f I give you extra XP and you actually spend them, your characters will be fine.
I ran 7th Sea table top nearly every Saturday for a year and a half. I admit I had the benefit of having some help and input from one of the games Devs though.

I'm Ok with 100 pts.

Muse

So, here's the raw basics of what I'm playing with: 

Okay, so actualy I wrote a whole character history.  I hope you like.  : ) 

Bran

Twenty-two years ago a young scribe named Sam spent the summer in the countryside recovering from a fever.  While walking in the woods at night, he caught the eye of a sidhe damsel.  For four and twenty nights, she teased him by dancing in a gown of spun moonbeams, then bolting into the woods and laughing in bliss as he gave chase, like a nymph pursued by a satyr. 

On the twenty fifth night, she saw that his ardor was not flagging, and he had grown strong and hale in the chase, so she yielded to his desires.  She gave him her name—Niobe--and melted into his embrace.  They disappeared together for seven nights into a tower covered in night blooming flowers and made love from sunset to sunrise.  He never saw her during the day.  When the sun rose on the eight day, Sam awoke alone in the woods.   

He never saw Niobe again, but nine months later he awoke in his home to find a wicker bassinet had been placed at the foot of his bed.  There was a newborn baby boy there, strong and hale, with midnight purple eyes flecked with gold, like the stars in the last moments of sunset.  There was a note in elegant hand. 

This is your son, Bran.  He was born on the Eve of All Hallows.  He will have the wisdom of his father and the strength of a giant.  The sword is Stormblossom.  It strikes like the lightning that turns the night to day.  Give it to him the day he becomes a man and tell him that nothing he truly wishes to accomplish is beyond him. 

Now Bran grew up tall and wise and strong.  He learned to read and write from his father, who carefully shepherded money to ensure he could study beneath a swordmaster.  He loved books, especially those about the heroes of Avalon.  He yearned to become a knight. 

Many of his neighbors laughed when he shared that fantasy.  Bran was skinny and gangly as a teen.  Bookish, prone to squinting, with ink stained fingers.  He moved slowly and spoke slowly, not wishing to hurt people on accident.  He was especially awkward by day.  Few saw it, but when the sun set his awkwardness faded away, and he became precise and graceful even in the midst of growth spurts. 

Bran was on the verge of giving up on the sword and becoming a scribe like his father when he came of age.  The revelation of his mother's nature, the gift of the sword, and most of all her message gave him new hope and motivation.  When Queen Elaine reclaimed the Grail, Bran discovered that he had the same magic of Glamour that was awakening within the lords of the land.  He presented himself to one of Elain's knights and asked to be made a squire. 

On his twenty-first birthday, Bran was knighted by Queen Elaine into the Order of the High King. 

Zeth

Pumpkin Seeds, I can not find any regional advantages for Avalon. So you may not use them. All knights lose their knighthood if their reputation drops below 5. Thus you have a starting reputation of 10 when you take the Elaine's Knight advantage. The deadline for character submissions is this Thursday July, 30, 2015.

Muse

Name:         Bran
Pseudonym:      
Memberships:      Elain’s Knights
Nationality:      Avalon

Height:         6’3”
Weight:         220lbs
Build:         
Skin:            
Hair:            
Eyes:         Midnight purple with silver flecks. 

Drama Dice   2
Reputation   10
   Dice      1
Glamour Dice   +1
   Available   2

Attributes
Brawn:      3
Finesse      2
Wits:         2
Resolve      2
Panache      2

Arcana   Trusting (Hubris)

Advantages
   Fey Blood
   [3]   Child of the Sky
   [4]   Large
   [2]   Slow aging and immunity to disease. 
   [-2]   Gifts
   [-2]   Iron Vulnerability
   [-1]   Nocturnal
   Membership: Elaine's Knights
   Sidhe Sword

Backgrounds: 

Languages: 
*   Avalon

Sorcery
Glamour (Full Blooded)
Brawn: The Horned Hunter      3
Finesse: Robin Goodfellow      0
Wits: Jack               1
Resolve: The Stone Knight      2
Panache: Thomas         1

Swordsman Schools:

Civil Skills
   Courtier
   Hunter
   Scholar
   Servant

Martial Skills: 
   Archer
   Athleticism
   Dirty Fighting
   Heavy Weapons

Knacks: 
   Attack: Bow         1
   Attack: Dirty Fighting      1
   Attack: Heavy Weapons   2
   Climbing            1
   Fletcher            1
   Footwork            1
   Parry: Heavy Weapons      2
   Sprinting            1
   Throwing            1

Dancing            1
Etiquette            2
Fashion            2
History            1
Mathematics         1
Menial Tasks         1
Oratory            1
Philosophy            1
Research            1
Stealth            1
Survival            1
Tracking            1
Unobtrusive         1

Defenses: 
Footwork            10
Parry: Heavy Weapons      15

Gear:      

Weapons: 
   Avalon Longbow
      Attack      3k2
      Damage      6k2
      Range      200
         Short      -5
         Long      -10
      Reload      1 action
      Amo         24

Storm Blossom
      Attack      4k2
      Damage      8k2 (7k2 outside of avalon.) 
      Parry, Active   4k2
      Parry, Passive   15

Wealth:      
   Guilders   30

Gear: 

Twenty-two years ago a young scribe named Sam spent the summer in the countryside recovering from a fever.  While walking in the woods at night, he caught the eye of a sidhe damsel.  For four and twenty nights, she teased him by dancing in a gown of spun moonbeams, then bolting into the woods and laughing in bliss as he gave chase, like a nymph pursued by a satyr. 

On the twenty fifth night, she saw that his ardor was not flagging, and he had grown strong and hale in the chase, so she yielded to his desires.  She gave him her name—Niobe--and melted into his embrace.  They disappeared together for seven nights into a tower covered in night blooming flowers and made love from sunset to sunrise.  He never saw her during the day.  When the sun rose on the eight day, Sam awoke alone in the woods.   

He never saw Niobe again, but nine months later he awoke in his home to find a wicker bassinet had been placed at the foot of his bed.  There was a newborn baby boy there, strong and hale, with midnight purple eyes flecked with gold, like the stars in the last moments of sunset.  There was a note in elegant hand. 

This is your son, Bran.  He was born on the Eve of All Hallows.  He will have the wisdom of his father and the strength of a giant.  The sword is Stormblossom.  It strikes like the lightning that turns the night to day.  Give it to him the day he becomes a man and tell him that nothing he truly wishes to accomplish is beyond him. 

Now Bran grew up tall and wise and strong.  He learned to read and write from his father, who carefully shepherded money to ensure he could study beneath a swordmaster.  He loved books, especially those about the heroes of Avalon.  He yearned to become a knight. 

Many of his neighbors laughed when he shared that fantasy.  Bran was skinny and gangly as a teen.  Bookish, prone to squinting, with ink stained fingers.  He moved slowly and spoke slowly, not wishing to hurt people on accident.  He was especially awkward by day.  Few saw it, but when the sun set his awkwardness faded away, and he became precise and graceful even in the midst of growth spurts. 

Bran was on the verge of giving up on the sword and becoming a scribe like his father when he came of age.  The revelation of his mother's nature, the gift of the sword, and most of all her message gave him new hope and motivation.  When Queen Elaine reclaimed the Grail, Bran discovered that he had the same magic of Glamour that was awakening within the lords of the land.  He presented himself to one of Elain's knights and asked to be made a squire. 

On his twenty-first birthday, Bran was knighted by Queen Elaine into the Order of the High King.

Anyone have a character portrait to sugest?  :)

Zeth

hellrazoromega

Maria Estella was born in a quiet farming village in the north of Castille. On the surface the her childhood seemed like that of any other farm girl but Maria's father had been something of a traveler in his younger days and his eldest daughter shared his curiosity. Maria's father taught her to read and she nearly wore out the few books her father had collected in his travels, he taught her languages from the many places he had seen. Maria dreamed she would one day see the world--and then the war came. Maria's family was displaced and found themselves refugees. Tragedy followed tragedy and much of Maria's father mother and older brother fell to starvation, banditry, and other dangers, leaving Maria wandering with her younger siblings. It seemed like months when they were found on a back road by Dona Carmencita Soldano who took the children in a fed and clothed them.

Maria's quick mind and knowledge of many subjects fascinated the minor noble and she continued the girls schooling at her retreat in Southern Castille. Dona Soldano  kept an eye on Maria for another reason, she felt she would be an ideal candidate for the Rilasciare. When she felt the girl was ready she introduced the girl to a new world one where Sorcerers and nobles ruled because of their birth rather than their merits. But, Dona Soldono explained, the world need not remain that way. Maria's education grew as she gained a focus for the feelings which had been growing within her that the world needed to change. Diving headlong into this new world, Maria came to believe that while not all nobles and Sorcerers were bad that power corrupted and that once that corruption had set in there was only one final option. She learned about the horible toll magic exacted from the world--at least certain magics. Maria took what she had been taught and set out to make a difference, not because of her birth but because of her own merits. With that in Mind she headed north to see this place called Avalon which her father had spoken so dreamily of.

Maria is bright and inquisitive and spends a great deal of time reading and honing the skills Dona Soldano and the Rilasciare had taught her. She is a simple girl with simple tastes who want to change the world.

I have worked up a tentative character sheetat 110 points with the Loyal Arcana for the extra points, but can make changes if needs be.

Zeth

Yeah, I'm not signing up for a drop box account. You must copy paste all that sheet info and post it here in the forum thread. I made Muse do it with his Google docs stuff, so you all must do it.

Also your character has no money advantage, so she can not afford that pistol or anything else as is. Unless you buy Noble, Inheritance, or a skill that earns money, you have one weapon, one set of clothes, and 1d10 Guilders.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 28, 2015, 12:16:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not signing up for a drop box account. You must copy paste all that sheet info and post it here in the forum thread. I made Muse do it with his Google docs stuff, so you all must do it.

Also your character has no money advantage, so she can not afford that pistol or anything else as is. Unless you buy Noble, Inheritance, or a skill that earns money, you have one weapon, one set of clothes, and 1d10 Guilders.
No Worries I realized I posted the wrong version of the sheet when I was part way to envisioning her as a front line combatant and was going to give her different advantages not an assassin. Did not realize you need a Dropbox account just  to see it--I'll repost the correct one and may take the chance to tweak the character after my one of the ideas I PMed you about solidified this morning.

hellrazoromega

OK I went back to my first idea less of a front line fighter a more of an assassin if needs be. Similar but also very different. Since she is now based around poison how many doses of Vagabond Root will you allow her to carry and how much per dose?

Maria Estella was born in a quiet farming village in the north of Castille. On the surface the her childhood seemed like that of any other farm girl but Maria's father had been something of a traveler in his younger days and his eldest daughter shared his curiosity. Maria never knew her mother, though her father spoke of the beauty of the woman he had meet in far off Avalon often. She knew she was different from her father children with his new wife but she did not think such things mattered much. Maria's father taught her to read and she nearly wore out the few books her father had collected in his travels, he taught her languages from the many places he had seen. Maria dreamed she would one day see the world--and then the war came. Maria's family was displaced and found themselves refugees. Tragedy followed tragedy and much of Maria's father and two of her younger siblings fell to starvation, banditry, and other dangers, leaving Maria wandering with her younger siblings. It seemed like months when they were found on a back road by Dona Carmencita Soldano who took the children in a fed and clothed them.

Maria's quick mind and knowledge of many subjects fascinated the minor noble and she continued the girls schooling at her retreat in Southern Castille. Dona Soldano  kept an eye on Maria for another reason, she felt she had the blood and passion which would make her a candidate for Sophia's Daughters. When she felt the girl was ready she introduced the girl to a new world one where a great lie had been fostered upon the world. But, Dona Soldono explained, the world need not remain that way. Maria's education grew as she gained a focus for the things she was learning about the world, about her blood and what it meant. Diving headlong into this new world, Maria came to understand something of the Sidhe and their mission to end the corruption of scorcery in the world . She learned about the horrible toll magic exacted from the world--at least certain magics. Maria took what she had been taught and set out to make a difference. With that in mind she headed north to see this place called Avalon which her father had spoken so dreamily of and a place where she knew she had a certain kinship.

Maria is bright and inquisitive and spends a great deal of time reading and honing the skills Dona Soldano had taught her. She is a simple girl with simple tastes who want to change the world with the patronage of Lady Soldano and Sophia's Daughter's.

Character Details
Maria Estella
Castille
Memberships
Sophia's Daughters
Traits

Brawn      1   
Finesse   3   
Wits          3   
Resolve   2   
Panache  2   
Languages

Castille (R/W)   
Avalon (R/W)   
Vodacce (R/W)   
Montaigne (R/W)   
Defense Knacks

Passive      Active   
Footwork         20                 6k3   
Balance             5                 3k3   
Parry (Knife)      20            6k3   
Advantages/Arcana

Membership: Sophia's Daughters   Membership in Sophia's Daughters.                              
Linguist   Languages cost 1 point less.                              
Patron (20G / Biweek)   (Lady Soldano)Patron gives 20g every 2 weeks.   
Loyal   GM can activate Hubris to get you to stay with a fallen comrade, or not betray an employer.                              
Skills

Courtesan
   Civil
Dancing   1
Etiquette   1
Unobtrusive   1
Poison   1
Conceal 1
Spy
            Civil
Shadowing         1
Stealth            2
Conceal            1
Disguise            1
Poison            1
Athlete
      Martial
Climbing      1
Footwork      3
Sprinting      1
Throwing      1
Scholar
   Civil
History   1
Mathematics   1
Philosophy   1
Research   1
Occult 1
Knife
            Martial
Attack (Knife)            3
Parry (Knife)            3
Throw (Knife)            3
Swordsman School
Necare         
Conceal      3      
Corps-a-corps      1      
Poison      2      
Exploit Weakness (Necare)      1
Apprentice:            
Free Raise per Mastery to conceal small weapons. May add Mastery to Damage with bodice dagger. Free Poison Immunity Advantage (Vagabond Root). Poison & Conceal are Basic.            
Wealth/ Gear

Source                    Monthly   starting   
Patron (20G / Biweek)   40   120

66g after purchases

weapon                 Skill      range   range mods      damage   load   mod      
(3)Knife                    Knife      3+b/5+2b           0/-5              1k2            
(6)Knife, Throwing      Knife           3+b/5+2b          0/-5             1k1      +5 to hit target
Bodice Dagger                  Knife         3+b/5+2b          0/-5             1k1   

1 Suit, Plain                 
1 Belt, Leather                 
1 Gloves, Leather
1 Hat, Tricorn
1 Boots, Plain
1 Coat, Plain   

Zeth

Well everything seems in order. Both Maria Estella and Bran are approved. Now just to wait on Pumpkin seeds.

greenknight

No Avalon regional advantages? Does this mean no Sidhe Heritage, McEachern Weapon, and the like or that there are no advantages that are specifically limited to Inish or Highlanders?

I'm quite interested. I'm considering a consulting detective. I think you can fill many of the blanks, if the idea appeals to you.

What are your posting expectations and when do you plan to start. I'm gearing up for a long business trip most of next month and, of course, GenCon is this weekend.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Zeth

Regional advantages is bonuses and drawbacks from coming from a specific clan/region. You can use anything in the Player guide or Avalon nation book.Except no Sidhe player characters. At best you can have Sidhe heritage like Bran.

greenknight

Can I assume Avalon Accent from the website is in play? It's notably missing from the printed supplement.

http://www.alderac.com/7thsea/resources/avalon_accent.html
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Zeth

Yes, I'll allow that since it just effects language costs.

The due date for a character sheet is Thursday. So you got two days to post your character here.

hellrazoromega

Thinking of this for a character pic

Zeth

She looks more Cathay then Castille. But I like it.

So You got any of those wonky potions some of the daughters have?

greenknight

Okay, here's the first cut. I may trade out something to add a 1 point inheritance or another Specialist advantage for a basic Merchant knack defining a "private consulting detective."

Hemlock Hammett (working name)
Brawn: 2
Finesse: 3
Wits: 3
Resolve: 3
Panache: 3
Background: None
Arcana: Star-crossed
Advantages: Able Drinker, Avalon (R/W), Eisen (R/W), Keen Senses, Montaigne (R/W), Scoundrel, Specialist (Cold Read 1)
Criminal: Gambling 2, Lockpicking 1, Shadowing 2, Stealth 2
Scholar: History 1, Mathematics 1, Philosophy 1, Research 1
Spy: Disguise 1, Shadowing 2, Stealth 3
Streetwise: Socializing 1, Street Navigation 1
Athlete: Climbing 1, Footwork 2, Sprinting 1, Throwing 1
Finnegan (Apprentice): Bob n’ Weave 2, Corps-a-corps 1, Disarm (Barehanded) 1, Exploit Weakness (Finnegan) 1
Grappling: Grappling 1
Pugilism: Attack (Pugilism) 2, Footwork 2, Jab 1

Background to follow

Zeth

Okay that character is over a 100 character points. Try again.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 28, 2015, 06:42:40 PM
She looks more Cathay then Castille. But I like it.

So You got any of those wonky potions some of the daughters have?
Yeah I like it and figure that with her Sidhe blood (even though it is very little and not enough for an Advantage) That and trying to find a female in a long coat from a similar period or setting is kinda hard.

I was hoping to take a few utility potions like the Healing Balm, Antidote, Philter of Strength, an Philter of Forgetfulness--if allowed.

Also, this just occurred to me, would it be permissible for her to take the University Advantage as a Castillian saying that Dona Soldono was running a Girl's School as a front where a select few were inducted as daughters? This would free up just enough point to take the Doctor Skill. I figure having a bit of healing could be an additional aid to the party and more reason for her to stay out of combat with her whopping 1 Str.

Zeth

I need to read the Sophia book to tell you if you can have potion or not. You do realize your drama dice is based on your lowest trait. Having a trait of 1 means1 Drama dice per  session until it level up. If I was you I'd drop finesse or Wits to 2 then raise brawn to 2. That way your lowest trait is 2 and you get 2 Drama dice per session.

Yes, your nationality is Castille so you may buy university at the Castille discounted price.

Pumpkin Seeds

Zeth

Well damn, the only girl left. Now I feel less motivated.

Zeth

Quote from: greenknight on July 28, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
Okay, here's the first cut. I may trade out something to add a 1 point inheritance or another Specialist advantage for a basic Merchant knack defining a "private consulting detective."

Hemlock Hammett (working name)
Brawn: 2
Finesse: 3
Wits: 3
Resolve: 3
Panache: 3
Background: None
Arcana: Star-crossed
Advantages: Able Drinker, Avalon (R/W), Eisen (R/W), Keen Senses, Montaigne (R/W), Scoundrel, Specialist (Cold Read 1)
Criminal: Gambling 2, Lockpicking 1, Shadowing 2, Stealth 2
Scholar: History 1, Mathematics 1, Philosophy 1, Research 1
Spy: Disguise 1, Shadowing 2, Stealth 3
Streetwise: Socializing 1, Street Navigation 1
Athlete: Climbing 1, Footwork 2, Sprinting 1, Throwing 1
Finnegan (Apprentice): Bob n’ Weave 2, Corps-a-corps 1, Disarm (Barehanded) 1, Exploit Weakness (Finnegan) 1
Grappling: Grappling 1
Pugilism: Attack (Pugilism) 2, Footwork 2, Jab 1

Background to follow

Right there is no way a starting character can have Attributes that high. A rank of 3 in 4 out of 5 attributes costs to much.

greenknight

Quote from: Zeth on July 30, 2015, 12:46:04 AM
Right there is no way a starting character can have Attributes that high. A rank of 3 in 4 out of 5 attributes costs to much.
Oh, right. Panache was supposed to be 2, I transcribed it wrong from the character generator I downloaded. The sheet it generates is also laid out wonky so I didn't add High Avalon dialect and Cymric. Or pay for literacy, apparently. I'm at GenCon this weekend, so I won't be able to take a close look at version 2 until Saturday morning. (What, there's a D&D party at the biergarten tomorrow night, you think I'm getting up for an 8 am game?)

Zeth

Well today is the deadline. Every character that posts in character gains a 10 XP Point award for showing up on time. The game launches now.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zeth on July 29, 2015, 12:37:47 AM
I need to read the Sophia book to tell you if you can have potion or not. You do realize your drama dice is based on your lowest trait. Having a trait of 1 means1 Drama dice per  session until it level up. If I was you I'd drop finesse or Wits to 2 then raise brawn to 2. That way your lowest trait is 2 and you get 2 Drama dice per session.

Yes, your nationality is Castille so you may buy university at the Castille discounted price.
I'll do that.