Shadowrun 5e: Havana Heat

Started by Conundrum, October 30, 2018, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terian

Okay, if we're doing Prime Runners, Availability is capped at 15, right?  Are we capped at Alphaware for augs, or can we go up as long as we don't breach the Availability cap?

Callie Del Noire

Conundrum

Quote from: Ampere on November 01, 2018, 12:28:42 PM
Are you happy for me to use the 'Prototype Metahuman' background?

I am generally not big on 'wared up magic users without penalties so would need you to justify it to me.

Quote from: Terian on November 01, 2018, 01:32:29 PM
Okay, if we're doing Prime Runners, Availability is capped at 15, right?  Are we capped at Alphaware for augs, or can we go up as long as we don't breach the Availability cap?

Just don't break availability.  That said unless I miscounted you would be player 6 showing interest, I intend to hard cap at 5 players for this, if someone drops out you will be first inline though.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 01, 2018, 01:37:34 PM
Drat, missed this one...

For the moment, I plan to hard cap at 5 for this since I do not want issues with the IC progressing.  If anyone drops I will be sure to let you know.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Ampere

Quote from: Conundrum on November 02, 2018, 01:45:23 AM
I am generally not big on 'wared up magic users without penalties so would need you to justify it to me.

Justification

Curador was build as a prototype jungle combat medic, the only 'beneficial' augmentation she has is Dareadrenaline which trades a +1 willpower pool for Poor Self Control(Risk Seeker) - which is why she's taken up Shadowrunning since leaving the military.

The rest of her 1 essence provides:

Heat Adaptation: which I think in her case is more, humidity/temperature than being fire-proof
Tremor Reduction 2: for surgery etc. as she isn't a sniper
Tactile Sensitivity: again for medical procedures
And a Sleep Regulator (which doesn't stop Insomnia(Light) from spoiling her stun recovery)

TLDR: She gets a +1 willpower pool for taking Poor Self Control(Thrill Seeker)
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Terian

Muse

What is organized crime like in 6th World Havana?  Is the Yakuza a power?

Edit: 
  Fang is mostly done.  I built her in google drive, and this is the public portion of the sight, so i'm going to send a link to Conundrum.  If anyone would like to see her, just ask, i'm happy to share. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ampere

O&O's

PixelatedPixie

I need to clean it up and write up a background, but this is what I have so far. 

Sheet
Name: Ami Yansen
Metatype: Elf
Sex: Female
Height: 5’2”
Street Cred: 0
Composure: 10
Lift/Carry: 5
Movement: 16/32 (2m/hit)
Nuyen: 1,125
Notoriety: 1
Lift/Carry: 30kg/20kg
Swim: 5 (1m/hit)
Public Awareness: 0
Memory: 6

ATTRIBUTES
BOD: 3 (3)    CHA: 8 (8)
AGI: 6 (8)    INT: 4 (4)
REA: 6 (8)    LOG: 4 (4)
STR: 2 (2)    WIL: 2 (2)
EDG: 1        ESS: 4.4
INITIATIVE: 12 + 3d6
RIGGER INIT: 12 + 3d6
MATRIX AR: 12 + 3D6
MATRIX COLD: 10 +3d6
MATRIX HOT: 10 + 4d6

LIMITS
Physical Limit: 5
Mental Limit: 5 (Vision Enhancement +1 only for Perception)
Social Limit: 8
Astral Limit: 8

SKILLS
Negotiation (CHA):   13 (5)
Pilot, Ground (REA): 13 (5)
Pistols (AGI):       13 (5) (Semi-Automatics +2)
Auto Mechanic (LOG):  6 (2)
Computer (LOG):       6 (2)
Gunnery (AGI):       10 (2)
Hardware (LOG):       6 (2)
Palming (AGI):       10 (2)
Perception (INT):     6 (2)
Pilot, Air (REA):    10 (2)
Pilot, Water (REA):  10 (2)
Software (LOG):       6 (2)
Elec Warfare (LOG):   5 (1)
Escape Artist (AGI):  9 (1)
Gymnastics (AGI):     9 (1)
Navigation (INT):     5 (3)
Running (STR):        3 (1)
Swimming (STR):       3 (1)
*Electronics 2
*Athletics 1

English (INT):        N
Spanish (INT):        8 (4)
Vehicles (INT):       8 (4)
Black Markets (INT):  6 (2)
Gangs (INT):          6 (2)
Mil Vehicles (LOG):   6 (2)
Smuggler Routes (INT):6 (2)

QUALITIES
Bad Luck
  When use edge, roll 1d6, on 1 the edge is spent ot no effect and bad result happens.
Exceptional Attribute: REA
  Max rating is +1
Gearhead
  Increase speed 20%, increase handling +1.  +2 dice pool for difficult maneuvers. 
  Bonus for 1d6 min (can risk push)
Human-Looking
  Looks human
Lightweight
  Easy/cheap drunk.  Addiction ratings +2.
Low-Light Vision
Phobia (Uncommon, Mild): Sharks
  -1 dice pool to actions
SINner (National) UCAS
Too Pretty To Hit
  Can use charisma instead of will for full defence.

RESISTANCES
Judge Intentions: 12
Radiation Resistance: 5
Damage, Fire, Cold, Elec, Acid, Falling Resistance: Stun 11, Physical 11
Fatigue Resistance: 5
Sonic Resistance: 2
Toxin/Pathogen: 5
Addiction (Physio) 5, (Psycho) 6

IMPLANTS
Clean Metabolism
Muscle Toner 2
Sleep Regulator
Synpatic Booster 2

EQUIPMENT
Armor Clothing
Form Fitting Body Armour (Concealability, Custom Fit)

Actioneer Business Clothes (Holster)

Ares Predator V (Smartgun System, Internal, Spare Clip)
Streetline Special (Concealable Holster, Spare Clip)
Unarmed

Regular Ammo (Holdout) 30
Regular Ammo (Heavy) 120
Certified Credstick (Gold)
Earbuds/3: Select Sound Filter 2, Sound Link
Fake SIN/4: Yvette Wilmore
Glasses/4: Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink, Vision Enhancement/1
Miniwelder
Subvocal Mic
Tool Shop (Auto Mechanic)
Trodes
Transys Avalon
Ford Americar (Sedan)
Suzuki Mirage (Racing Bike)

Lifestyle: Cramped, Dangerous Area, Extra Secure.  Medium, 3500/m

CONTACTS
Cesar Sanoval (Elf Male) Smuggler, 2C 1L
Edgardo Marion (Ork Male) Pawn Broker, 2C 3L
Gideon Savage (Troll Male) Coyote, 4C 1L
Hall Anderson (Human Male) Fixer, 6C 6L
Izabelle Foster (Human Female) Club Owner, 2C 4L
Santos Grave (Ork Male) Gang Leader, 4C 1L
Summer Bates (Elf Female) Street Doc, 3C 3L
Upton Quintana (Dwarf Male) Fence, 4C 2L

Conundrum

Quote from: Muse on November 02, 2018, 09:03:18 PM
  What is organized crime like in 6th World Havana?  Is the Yakuza a power?

Edit: 
  Fang is mostly done.  I built her in google drive, and this is the public portion of the sight, so i'm going to send a link to Conundrum.  If anyone would like to see her, just ask, i'm happy to share.

The big boys in town are the Batista, hispanic offshoot of the United States mafia, they have connections to them but it is pretty much just funneling goods and cash both ways. 

The Vory actually predate the Batista in Cuba since the Batista were exiled under Castro buut have had some serious setbacks, particularly among their vodoun relationships and getting local gangs under their thumb.  They are mainly tied up in gambling now, which they helped grow into a huge business.

The Zobop are very decentralized they deal in awakened drugs, reagents, zombies, vampire thralls.  They are the big religous/magic dealers in the Caribean League and performs threat and extortion through that angle claiming they will take the souls of victims.

The Triad are new in town and pretty much just hang out by the docks with close ties to dock workers and drone controllers.  Their main markets are selling cheap knockoff goods and BTLs.

There are other internationals like the Yakuza but they are smaller and spread thin.  The Yaks in Latin America are only very loosely affiliated with their Japanese bosses and are often looked down on for things like being more open with their metahuman association.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Kimmy

I'll put my name down for the 2nd replacement slot if I may. Shame to miss out but maybe there will be hope :P
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Laughing Ocelots

Another potential replacement nominee, but I hope the game goes well enough not to get this far down

Callie Del Noire

Conundrum

Dang, unless I miscounted I am up to 5 players and 5 backups.  I hope to get the OOC up tonight along with other necessary posts.

Once that is done depending on my schedule I may look at launching a second Shadowrun game next weekend.

I usually stay out of standard locations like Seattle so it would probably be somewhere like St. Louis, Texas, Ukraine, or China.

Kimmy

That's pretty coo of you to try and organise a second game on the spur of the moment. Good luck & thankies!
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

Conundrum

OOC is up

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=295754.0

Quote from: Ampere on November 02, 2018, 02:28:07 AM
Justification

Curador was build as a prototype jungle combat medic, the only 'beneficial' augmentation she has is Dareadrenaline which trades a +1 willpower pool for Poor Self Control(Risk Seeker) - which is why she's taken up Shadowrunning since leaving the military.

The rest of her 1 essence provides:

Heat Adaptation: which I think in her case is more, humidity/temperature than being fire-proof
Tremor Reduction 2: for surgery etc. as she isn't a sniper
Tactile Sensitivity: again for medical procedures
And a Sleep Regulator (which doesn't stop Insomnia(Light) from spoiling her stun recovery)

TLDR: She gets a +1 willpower pool for taking Poor Self Control(Thrill Seeker)

Based on first look it should be fine, my main concern is how mages can fit a lot of shenanigans in 1 essence so it was just something I wanted to see.

Quote from: Kimmy on November 04, 2018, 07:34:01 PM
That's pretty coo of you to try and organise a second game on the spur of the moment. Good luck & thankies!

Current thoughts is it will be China, somewhere players can run a bit more loose.

Ampere

Quote from: Conundrum on November 05, 2018, 02:22:42 AM
Based on first look it should be fine, my main concern is how mages can fit a lot of shenanigans in 1 essence so it was just something I wanted to see.

Thank you, hopefully shouldn't be too cheesy or game-breaking.

O&O's

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Conundrum on November 04, 2018, 07:01:56 PM
Dang, unless I miscounted I am up to 5 players and 5 backups.  I hope to get the OOC up tonight along with other necessary posts.

Once that is done depending on my schedule I may look at launching a second Shadowrun game next weekend.

I usually stay out of standard locations like Seattle so it would probably be somewhere like St. Louis, Texas, Ukraine, or China.

Hong Kong is a great staging point..I loved it and felt it only needed cybetrench to do the look already

Laughing Ocelots

Quote from: Ampere on November 05, 2018, 02:31:46 AM
Thank you, hopefully shouldn't be too cheesy or game-breaking.

Did someone say Pain Editor Mystic Adept? Where? When? *Looks around confused*

Muse

*chucles*  I recently discovered how handy pain tolerance is for a mystic adept.  (Though supplementing it with 'Ware is just silly. ) 

It came to my rescue just yesterday in a one on one, when a stun grenade hit my three girls and the mystic adept can still cast at no penalty.  : :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Captain Whitebread

And I missed another Shadowrun.

Probably a good thing because I'm a 2nd/3rd  guy and not at all familiar with 4th/5th.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Laughing Ocelots

Quote from: Muse on November 06, 2018, 09:11:57 AM
Though supplementing it with 'Ware is just silly.

A Mage or Mystic Adept, using the Prototype Transhuman quality and the Restricted Gear quality, can get a Pain Editor and a Genetic Optimization for their two drain stats with no essence loss. It’s ludicrously strong and is the go to optimization for a lot of mages because of how strong it is

Muse

Yikes!  That's entirely too scary! *nods* 

Captain Whitebread

Doesn't bioware still cost Essence?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Laughing Ocelots

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 09, 2018, 01:25:47 AM
Doesn't bioware still cost Essence?

Typically, yes. But there is a quality that allows you to have a spare essence’ worth of bioware at character creation, admittedly for a pretty steep cost. For a Street Sam it’s a reasonable, not too powerful option, but for a Mage or MysAd it can be super powerful. It can also be used for fantastic flavor though, as the quality is the given character being specifically designed for a purpose, birth and everything. Which is pretty cool.