Caitlin

DM Announcement:

Approved characters
- Alathea von Schatten – Human (Variant) Paladin
- Júlia Karlsen – Human Druid
- Aryl Starfire – High Elf Fighter
- Dr. Oswald Fullton-Zambreevlevox – Forest Gnome Life Cleric
- Michael Fields – Human (Variant) UA Ranger

Everybody who is accepted is welcome to post their character sheets in this topic and to start chatting away in the OOC. ;D

We still have one open role as well that I'd like to see filled.
- Open role: support caster/ damage dealer, preferably a wizard, but a warlock or sorcerer could also work.

avarus

Chulanowa

I'm going to go ahead and take a shot with this character that has been bumbling around in my head for a while. 'cause I always wanted to try a necromancer but always hated the "edgelord" aspect that usually comes with it.

Character Name: Elma Deerhorn
Class: Wizard
Character Sheet: TBD

Elma hails from an outlying farm near westfall, the daughter of a family of half-orcs who had recently taken to the agricultural life. It was an odd mix, maintaining those old traditions with the new ways of village life, but somehow they made it work out. For her part, Elma worked the farm like any other child in the family; feeding hte pigs, tending the gourds; the Deerhorn Pumpkins were traditionally the biggest ones at the Wintercoming Festival, and Elma loved riding atop the giant things when her father Helbar would wagon them into town.

It was a Wintercoming Festival some years ago that changed the course of Elma's life. A wizard came from the capital, party to get away from city life, but also to put on a show. And what a show! Illusory dragons fought in the sky, miniaturized donkeys frolicked like puppies, and all the menfolk (and more than a few women) were delighted by the cups that could keep cider hot and applejack cold. After the show, Elma was among hte throng of kids pestering the wizard for more tricks, tokens, or even for teaching. She was one of the more persistent ones in the latter group. she wanted more than anything to do all the amazing things she had seen. The kindly old wizard saw no harm in offering to teach some of the older village kids - Elma among them - a basic cantrip or two. After all, he reasoned, it couldn't do any harm! For the rest of the evening, the bearded old fellow had a good laugh as these farm youths waggled sticks as wands and tried to repeat the incantations he had taught them. But when Elma managed to conjure forth a shapeless blob of color (hey, everyone starts somewhere!) he paid attention.

Two days later, she was back in the wagon, headed towards Berubiam with her beaming father - having a wizarding daughter was bound to be a boon, after all! The lessons were tough, the instructors tougher, but the hardest lesson Elma learned was that she wasn't very good at the illusions she wanted to create... but - that didn't make her a bad wizard. As it turned out, she had a raw knack for manipulating the energies of life and weal. In short, necromancy. She was instructed quite often that Necromacy was not in itself harmful or evil, but that many worried just the same... and that's why she would be going to study at the Longfarthing House in Westfall... under the watchful eyes of the church, just to make sure.

She took this kink in her plans in stride; wizarding is wizarding, and with practice, she could overcome her ineptitude with illusions. But now... now this crisis has come to Berubiam, and she feels that it's the least she can do to help in any way she can... sidelong glances or not.

Also... might it be possible to trade the "Menacing" half-orc trait for proficiency in an orcish sort of weapon? I kinda like the idea of a wizard lugging around some big dumb family heirloom axe or what-have-you.  I might do that anyway even without proficiency  ;D

Caitlin

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, we had some inactive people and we're now looking for one replacement.

The Story So Far...

Lieutenant Valesong, a Paladin in the order from the Cathedral of Westfall gave the party several tasks, among which was sending a message with a pigeon back after they arrived Shroudhallow and again once they arrived at Berubiam. The Paladin also asked the group members to look out for two missing scouts. After the Lieutenant finished his briefing and blessed the party with the Aid spell, the group got underway.

They encountered a family of refugees during their trek towards Shroudhallow. It took the group some effort, especially in repairing the cart, but they managed to help the family, a mother with her teenage son and two young daughters, on their way. The mother warned the group for bandits up the road and a hidden path that she had seen the bandits use.

As the group neared the location with a hidden path, they discovered a bandit guarding the road. The group swiftly took care of the bandit, but not before he managed to alert two other bandits. The group managed to overpower these bandits and gained a valuable ally in Cassy, the female bandit of the two, after the other bandit turned on her and tried to kill her. Cassy led the group down the path towards the villain hide out where she managed to lure her former leader and his second in command away. The group successfully killed these villains and made the other villains throw down their arms and submit.

Your Character
The party is currently level two, but I expect them to be level three by the time your character joins the rest of the group. As a result, you’ll be able to immediately join in on level three as well.

The current party exists out of a War Cleric, a Fighter, and an UA Ranger. We're hoping to get a caster class (Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard), but being active and enjoying your class is more important to us. Your character may originate from one of the five start villages, but also from Shroudhallow. Since the story is already under way, I'll work with you to implement your character into the story in a way that makes sense for the rest of the group.

If you’re interested in joining an active DnD 5e group, then please write a reply or shoot me a pm.

Revelation

Player of the group ranger here. Catilin is a great GM and quite accommodating, and is definitely committed to seeing this game through. We'd love to have another with us!

frost rose

I recall being interested in this game when it was first starting (and in fact, the reason I noticed now is because it showed up in new replies to your posts), but was unfortunately too busy with real life at the time to manage to get things together quick enough. I'd love to give it another shot, if you all are willing, likely playing a dwarf wizard.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Caitlin

I've sent you a pm. :-)

To anybody else who is interested; the spot is currently still open and if you'd like to join, then please submit a level 3 character sheet to me through a pm. I'd like to get a basic idea of what your character is like and see which character would fit best with the current group. If I have two or more candidates that are equally suitable, then I'll let the current active group members have a vote for their preference.

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Changingsaint on December 11, 2017, 02:02:47 PM
Player of the group ranger here. Catilin is a great GM and quite accommodating, and is definitely committed to seeing this game through. We'd love to have another with us!

Thanks for that piece of information Changing. It helped me decide to send in a character... I wont go into details yet but she is a Spell caster!

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Caitlin

Update: I've had a lot of interest so far, thank you all for submitting a character sheet! :D

I want to make my decision tonight (in roughly 12 - 14 hours from now). I also notice that I haven't been clear enough with my last update, please submit a myth-weavers sheet for a level 3 character only. That sheet covers all the details I'd like to have access to and need to check out before I can make a decision. You can forego a background right now, we can work on that once the sheet is approved and I'll work with you to come up with a logical story to get you to the point where the current party is holding up.

I also had various questions about the starting money; the character starts at level 3, but the starting money remains the same as level 1. The current party hasn't had a chance yet to spend all the money they earned so far. The money went onto the cart with the donkey and hasn't been split up yet. I don't know how the PCs are going to handle it once they reach Shroudhallow, but I assume they either do a fair split among the active PCs or let everyone take what he needs. They've been a fair bunch with each other so far though, so I honestly don't expect any problems with that. It's something that can be discussed OOC once the new character is approved. :-)

[edit]
I'd like to thank everybody who submitted a character sheet. We found a replacement for our inactive team members. Should the situation change for whatever reason in the future, then I'll re-open recruitment again. The way it's looking right now, there is also a good chance that there will be a follow up campaign to this one in the future. In such a case recruitment might be opened up again as well, depending on how many people from the current stop.

Caitlin

Hello everybody,

We had a drop out and we're now looking for a replacement.

The Story So Far...

Lieutenant Valesong, a Paladin in the order from the Cathedral of Westfall gave the party several tasks, among which was sending a message with a pigeon back after they arrived Shroudhallow and again once they arrived at Berubiam. The Paladin also asked the group members to look out for two missing scouts. After the Lieutenant finished his briefing and blessed the party with the Aid spell, the group got underway.

They encountered a family of refugees during their trek towards Shroudhallow. It took the group some effort, especially in repairing the cart, but they managed to help the family, a mother with her teenage son and two young daughters, on their way. The mother warned the group for bandits up the road and a hidden path that she had seen the bandits use.

As the group neared the location with a hidden path, they discovered a bandit guarding the road. The group swiftly took care of the bandit, but not before he managed to alert two other bandits. The group managed to overpower these bandits and gained a valuable ally in Cassy, the female bandit of the two, after the other bandit turned on her and tried to kill her. Cassy led the group down the path towards the villain hide out where she managed to lure her former leader and his second in command away. The group successfully killed these villains and made the other villains throw down their arms and submit.

The party discovered the two missing scouts who the bandits had kidnapped and rescued them, achieving yet another milestone in the story. The group has discussed their plans for the night and decided to camp in the safety of the bandit's hideout before hitting the road again. The night is quickly approaching and is filled with terrors that originate from Castle Berubiam. Are you brave enough to join the group?

Your Character
The party is level three, and as a result, you’ll be able to immediately join in on level three as well. The party hasn't had the opportunity yet to buy new gear so you'll use the same starting gold to buy equipment as explained in the original post in the Character Creation spoiler.

The current party exists out of a War Cleric, a Warlock, and an UA Ranger. We're interested in a melee orientated character and I'm allowing the following classes; Paladin, Fighter, Rogue, Monk, and Barbarian. A Druid and Bard are open to discussion, but since they're casters instead of melee they're not my first preference.

Your character may originate from one of the five start villages, but also from Shroudhallow. Since the story is already under way, I'll work with you to implement your character into the story in a way that makes sense for the rest of the group.

If you’re interested in joining an active DnD 5e group, then please shoot me a pm or post a reply here.