Young Justice - Recruitment paused

Started by Primarch, January 01, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

So here's the plan, I want to set up a game where you guys play as the junior hero team 'Young Justice' and occasional hero that instructs/guides the team. We'll have a thread for Mt. Justice where you can go about your training and day to day activities. There shall also be an thread for the current ongoing mission, which I shall set up as Batman and inform you of the threat (in this capacity I will be something of a GM). I would note, you should always assume the thread in Mt. Justice is set before whatever mission thread is going on. Like the show we'll use episodic content and move from day to day occasionally.

Canons & customs are both welcome. Customs may be a 'sidekick' to a canon hero with no traditional sidekick (if you are unsure, PM me). I'll allow one fully fledged hero as an instructor for every 5 members of the Young Justice. While playing an instructor means you can play as someone with a more advanced skill/powerset, you'll also be expected to keep things running in the Mt. Justice thread.

This is what's open for now
Founding Team:
Instructor:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:
Young Hero:

More positions available once current roles filled.

CS:

[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Image (+optional written description for details not covered in image)

[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]

Questions, comments & suggestions welcome

AribethAmkiir

Interested in Wonder Girl or Batgirl.  Neither are founding members in cannon, but are they available to play for this?

Primarch

Absolutely. This is our Young Justice.

BruceTheCat

I would like to reserve a spot if that is possible? I'd like to make a male Young Justice with similar powers to Ink from Batman Beyond.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on January 01, 2013, 03:23:46 PM
I would like to reserve a spot if that is possible? I'd like to make a male Young Justice with similar powers to Ink from Batman Beyond.

There's no need to reserve a spot in the team, I'll expand to accommodation as many as are interested in taking part.

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

BruceTheCat

Wonderful! I will have my character sheet up this evening then.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

Very good. I'll get a character thread up once we have a few good-to-go apps.

AribethAmkiir

What type of format do you want the character sheets in?

Primarch

AribethAmkiir

nm, just saw the code on the first post.  Not sure how I missed it.  :P

Primarch

I was wonder. That being said feel free to keep skills and powers short, eg
Skills: Genius intellect (math, computing), Moderate Martial Arts (Kick Boxing, Judo)
Powers: Superstrength (5 tons), telekinesis (5 tons)

AribethAmkiir

Player: AribethAmkiir
Name: Cassandra Sandsmark
Codename: Wonder Girl
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Appearance:
Images

Powers:     
- Demi-Goddess Empowerment: She was granted her abilities by Zeus, who granted "her fondest wish" which happened to be having superpowers.

- Superhuman Strength: Her Olympian flesh and bone is about one and a half times as dense as similar human tissue, contributing to the Olympians' superhuman strength and weight.  Currently able to lift 90 to 100 tons.

- Superhuman Speed: Like Wonder Woman, Cassie can move at supersonic speeds. She can move fast enough to not register in the normal peripheral range of humans and seemingly vanish and disappear at will. At this speed, her mind processes information at least on a subliminal level that she is aware of her surroundings.

- Superhuman Durability: Cassie's been pushed through buildings, knocked into cars and tackled by superhumans. Her godly flesh can withstand powerful impacts and blunt force trauma.

- Superhuman Reflexes: Cassie is able to react to and deflect bullets with great comfort.

- Flight: Wonder Girl can also mystically fly through the atmosphere through sure act of will, enabling her to soar through the atmosphere at sub-orbital levels and travel across the planet at supersonic speeds.

Skills: Advanced Hand-to-hand combat (trained by Artemis)
Equipment: Silver bracelets (like Wonder Woman)
Weaknesses:
    - Maternal Depowerment: Discouraged by previously shown arrogance in his children (Ares and Heracles), Zeus also blessed Cassie's mother with the ability to take away her powers for a short time via a simple touch.

Backstory: 

Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark is the second person to be called Wonder Girl; the first being Donna Troy.  Cassie is the daughter of Dr. Helena Sandsmark (a noted archaeologist with whom Wonder Woman was working) and the Greek god Zeus.  During a fight with a Doomsday clone and another battle with Decay, she created a costume and used magical items (the Sandals of Hermes and the Gauntlet of Atlas) to help Wonder Woman, much to her mother's horror.  Cassie later had the opportunity to ask Zeus for a boon, and requested real superpowers. Zeus granted her request, but gave Dr. Sandsmark the ability to deactivate them. Dr. Sandsmark, however, reluctantly accepted her daughter's wish to be a superheroine and rarely uses this ability.

Primarch

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the powers come from a wikia (dc database?), but for the purposes of the game it would be super handy if you could define her powers a little more clearly. Even if strength is just "100+ tons" and assume her mother still can remove her powers if needed (not that I expect to have her mother turn up in the middle of a battle and remove her powers or anything). Cheers~

BlackestKnight

Pretty obvious who I'll be playing(check the avatar)

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on January 01, 2013, 08:37:38 PM
Pretty obvious who I'll be playing(check the avatar)

Works for me. By the way, whats happening with that fighting school game you were setting up? That still happening or what?

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Primarch on January 01, 2013, 08:37:03 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the powers come from a wikia (dc database?), but for the purposes of the game it would be super handy if you could define her powers a little more clearly. Even if strength is just "100+ tons" and assume her mother still can remove her powers if needed (not that I expect to have her mother turn up in the middle of a battle and remove her powers or anything). Cheers~

Yeah, so sorry.  Meant to edit that.  Got a little sidetracked.

Primarch

Something just came up in a PM I thought would be worth bringing up here. In terms of character age. In the show characters are as young as 14 and what not, I think for the purpose of this game however I would advise Young Justice members proper work at about 16/17 and instructors about a decade older (or older if the character is depicted as being older).

While I won't be bringing up any adult content, I'm not going to stop you guys from doing what you want in the Mount Justice thread on the team's downtime so long as all characters are old enough within the sites rules. 

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on January 01, 2013, 08:39:35 PM
Works for me. By the way, whats happening with that fighting school game you were setting up? That still happening or what?

Without a motivating impetus(estrogen) to balance things out, I just don't myself being all that interested in the project. Besides I really didn't know what I was doing. I'm more of an idea guy.  Nothing against the guys personally,  but I don't see anything going forward until we get some real females on board. The game could still happen at a later date but as of now it's on hold.

AribethAmkiir

Can't wait to see the other character sheets.

Primarch

Cassie looks good. Its late in my part of the world so I'm going to bow out now, but feel free to post any character sheets and I'll review once I'm up, or post questions and the like. I reckon once we have 4 characters I'll be happy to get IC going. Fingers crossed we get that soon!

BruceTheCat

Player: Red Lobster
Name: Jonathan Hellyer
Codename: Whiteout
Height: 5'11
Weight: Varies (Typically 185lb)
Appearance:

White version of this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The majority of the time Jonathan appears as a blonde younger man with an athletic physic, wearing a white collared sweater and a pair of light jeans. All of it however is just imitation, having over time settled on a comfortable look. Often though, since all things considered he really is just a mass of liquid, he changes his outfit, look, and even sex at his discretion.

On occasion he will imitate human clothes to surround his body, however normally this is only when company is present that is not used to the oddity of his appearance. It is fairly obvious that his frame is made solely of a clean white substance, often turning at angles that would be impossible to the normal skeletal system.

Powers:

Metamorphosis: He can turn his body into a white liquid, thus making it easy to slip through extremely small spaces.

Imitation: He can change his body to have the physical appearance, and if necessary the anatomy of any person. However all the clothing on the person or object will have a white primary color, as he is unable to change the colors too drastically.

Variable Weapons: Jonathan can turn his appendages into various types of weapons for the purposes of combat.

Size Alteration: He can alter the volume and mass of his liquid composition at will. However this is limited to 50 pounds worth on the small end, and 1000 pounds on the high end. Typically he uses this to imitate superhuman strength, when in reality he is just changing the density of the liquid behind his attack.

Immune to Projectiles: Ranged weaponry like bows and arrows, or bullets have little to no effect on him.

Regeneration: Any portion of the liquid that makes up his body is a point of regeneration. Strictly speaking Jonathan is able to have all but a very small portion of his liquid destroyed, and still be able to survive. However, this process it time consuming, and the duration is increased based on the amount required to regenerate.

Skills: Infiltration
Equipment: None
Weaknesses:

Water: Jonathan is unable to keep his form held together when exposed to large amounts of water. (Heavy rain, bodies of water)

Extreme Cold: Pretty self explanatory.

Backstory:

When Jonathan was still completely human, he become the youngest highly renown jewel thief in the world. While moving in to what was proving to be a highly profitable and extremely lucrative career, Jonathan was caught in the middle of a prize steal. While listening to the pages worth of charges, without any sort of legal representation, Jonathan was approached Research and Development company which agreed to pay off the right people to get the charges moved to time-served.

His current state of being was a result of the experimentations. They went better than any of the scientists could have predicted! So well in fact that they hadn’t account for some of the new powers Jonathan had at his disposal, which let him slip free from his captors and disappear into the big white world.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Any feedback from you guys would be great! I'm also not married to the Codename I chose. Does anybody else have any suggestions?
- scribus1000

AribethAmkiir

I like the character.  I know I'm likely going to ask something you probably want to reveal during game play, but why would a jewel thief who has recently received powers that would make him nearly unstoppable become a hero?

Jmorty33

A Young Justice team? Sounds like a team needs a Robin
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!