News:

Main Menu

Those nights...

Started by Violet Maui, May 15, 2006, 03:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet Maui

Ever had one of those days when you accidentally take a nap, wake up late at night, and then you couldn't sleep?

Welcome to my world. >:3

And currently, there's something underneath my open window making all sorts of creepy noises. ::clings to nearest big, strong person.::

I hate having migraines, they throw my sleep schedule off and ruins me for the next day! ::Grumps::
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

Amberghylles

*hugs*  No migraine involved, but I managed to sleep way too late today and throw my sleep schedule off as well.

Atari

*huggles* I know how you feel! Sleeping...waking up late...headaches/migranes.

Violet Maui

::Snuggles everyone into a group hug.::

I took a few pain killers earlier then fell asleep at 7:30, didn't wake up until midnight.. And now I'm wired AND have a headache. ::kicks chair. hops around.::
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

alahendra

Quote from: Violet Maui on May 15, 2006, 03:59:00 AM
Ever had one of those days when you accidentally take a nap, wake up late at night, and then you couldn't sleep?

Welcome to my world. >:3

And currently, there's something underneath my open window making all sorts of creepy noises. ::clings to nearest big, strong person.::

I hate having migraines, they throw my sleep schedule off and ruins me for the next day! ::Grumps::

Well, I didn't have a nap, and I am awake.  And where I am it's 3:09 am.  MIgraines do suck and so does insomnia.  *not a big, strong person, but lets Violet cling if she likes*
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Amberghylles

That's rough.  Wish I knew some helpful advice to offer.  :(

Violet Maui

::Clings to alahendra:: My hero! <3

O-o;; That /thing/ is still out there making noise! ::Pretends to be not scared.::

As for migraines - yay for the miracle that is percocet. X-x;

alahendra

*Baps TUW (Thing Under Window) on head with stick*  Shoo TUW!  Let poor Violet sleep!

Violet Maui

It's waiting for me to sleep. O-o So it can eat me!

I bet it's a big rabid deer... ::Wail::

Atari

*cheers Alahendra on* Kick its scary butt!!! *squeals*

alahendra

*Sprays rabid deer with Mace*  There hope that works...!

Seriously though, when I can't sleep I just get up and read (or surf Elliquiy) or something or else I get more and more stressed about not being able to sleep....

Violet, have you ever tried Valerian Root?  I find it works pretty well for me (although I only use it if I have been having trouble sleeping for a few nights because it knocks me out pretty well).  I've heard it referred to as natural valium.  The only drawback--it smells like dirty socks.  :p

Amberghylles

Well... if it's waiting for you sleep it's most likely a clown...

Violet Maui

O_O! DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! ::Rocks back and forth.::

I haven't tried it - I was on trazidone, until it stopped working. I metabolise things super fast (depending on what they are). I've been an insomniac for some time, so I'm somewhat use to it. X-x

Amberghylles

::Hugs Maui:: Ok... it's just the wind maybe?  Blowing a tree branch about to make scary noises? 

alahendra

Quote from: Violet Maui on May 15, 2006, 04:27:59 AM
O_O! DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! ::Rocks back and forth.::

I haven't tried it - I was on trazidone, until it stopped working. I metabolise things super fast (depending on what they are). I've been an insomniac for some time, so I'm somewhat use to it. X-x

Well it's something you might want to consider.  Couldn't hurt to try it...I have struggled with insomnia since I was about 8 off and on, but I never seem to be able to get used to it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_%28plant%29

Violet Maui

::Clings:: It's some sort of animal. I didn't stick around the window to take a good look. >.>;; There is NO wind tonight.

Thank you alahendra <33 It's much appreciated.

alahendra

No troubles. :)  Well, I think I am going to try for sleep again.  If I'm not successful, you'll probably see me on here in an hour or so.  Good luck to you Violet.  :-*

Elvi

*climbs through window*
Sorry it was me making the noises, I tried to take a short cut and got stuck in the bushes.
You could do with having them pruned a little violet, I now have twigs stuck where no woman should ever have shrubbery placed.....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Violet Maui

::Dies of fright:: ELVI! ::Clings to::

...yeah, and I have to mow the lawn too. ::Sheepish grin::

Elvi

*hugs*
Tell you what, I'll prune your shrubs, if you mow my lawn?

Violet Maui

::Grins:: Alright! ::hugs back::

(Edit) Hoooooold up, how big is the lawn? ::Suspicious look::

Elvi

*laughs*
Well............the front one is only about 20'x20', but the back one is a little bigger........

Violet Maui

...By how much, hmm? ::prepares to get riding mower.::

Elvi

*laughs*
We can manage it quite well with out flymow.......it's about 30' by 60'

Violet Maui

O_o; Oh fun. We have two lawns, side by side and cut in half by trees.. And it's huuuuge. X-x;; We have two lawn mowers though, so I can make someone help. >:3