Adventure Planet (Starfinder setting/game pitch)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 31, 2017, 11:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Was talking on discord with others and came up with an interesting idea... A planet of riches and lost treasure, but also incredible danger. Monsters lurk everywhere, what settlements exist are either frontier towns where everyone trusts no one and is armed to the teeth, or fortress cities encased in thick walls. Of course, the riches of the planet need to be obtained, but how? Corporations tried to send in their own forces, but the cost to benefit ratio began to grow disproportional to the point of unsustainable. So a new strategy was devised. Draw in those with talent, daring, and just enough disregard for their own safety to risk searching through ancient ruins and find the lost treasure for the companies.  A company could sponsor the adventurer, supplying them with equipment, in exchange for a portion of the found treasure. Of course, that wasn't enough for the companies. They needed to milk every coin they could out of this venture. So the idea was formed for a camera to follow the said adventurer around, broadcasting their exploits, and the gear emblazoned with company logos, across the stars.

So, the idea is a bit Tiger and Bunny, a bit Borderlands. Adventurers being used for monetary gains by massive stellar corporations who are only interested in profit. I have a concept ready to go, just looking for a GM to run it and possibly some others to enjoy the fun.
Call me Shadow
My A/A