Bible Black RP (System)

Started by godfang, October 15, 2013, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godfang

i do plan on using the bible black setting, maaaybe bring in a canon or two. It would of course require houserules, and while you ask if there's enough lore in the setting to be used, all i can say is that there's enough for me.  So, i let's list out who wants to play where and who dms the rapture academy game.

Bible Black Game (DM: Godfang)
-Jr
-Videospirit

Laughing Hyena

Well I don't think mad science is out there either. Heck you could probably make the argument of Bible Black being in the same H Universe as Discipline which was pretty crazy in its own ways. Anyway you could make the Shadow World essentially the Hell the demons came from in the series. And we only saw one demon in the entire series. It might be possible to expand on that to include tentacle demons.

*Pondering some more*

Anyway it's just my opinion that there doesn't need to be two separate games. I would just suggest to players to adjust sheets so that it can make more sense.

Videospirit

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 22, 2013, 11:16:22 AM
Well I don't think mad science is out there either. Heck you could probably make the argument of Bible Black being in the same H Universe as Discipline which was pretty crazy in its own ways. Anyway you could make the Shadow World essentially the Hell the demons came from in the series. And we only saw one demon in the entire series. It might be possible to expand on that to include tentacle demons.

*Pondering some more*

Anyway it's just my opinion that there doesn't need to be two separate games. I would just suggest to players to adjust sheets so that it can make more sense.

Well, it basically comes down to compromising the setting for the sake of the players or not, and the gm's already going to have enough trouble running this(It's an unfamiliar system, and an unfamiliar style of game to him), so it only makes sense to keep the feel of a relatively mundane if somewhat perverted school with mysterious occult connections. Doing anything else would be incredibly selfish of us.

But since godfang is a nice guy who doesn't have the heart to tell us no, I suggested we split up into two groups. One for people who want to play as non human freaks or get played with by the non human freaks, and one for those who want to play as humans in a world where the occult is widely thought to be a hoax and demons are the only monsters we really have to worry about.

I can think of at least 3 demons from bible black, just from the original school, so yes, they were kind of common. One formed a contract with the nurse, one really weak demon possessed the main character, and one was summoned in the flesh by the original witchcraft club.

godfang

splitting would also make it easier for both dms because they only need to handle fewer people. As was mentioned before, this style of RPG takes more work because you make separate stories for everyone, hence it's better to have fewer players. Here's the few things that i would like to implement when doing my version (the bible black version)

-all humans
-magic is used secretly and the public doesn't know about it
-the characters are people who knows about bible black and wants to get it

However, let's wait to see other people weigh in

Laughing Hyena

I'll support both games if thats the case.

Angie

Well then, I'll dm the rapture academy game, but I'm out in terms of Ophelia. I like Sarah way too much to do any tweaking.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Yukina

And Suzume will become as rapture-only character as well. She's already developing a small friendship with Sarah and I like that so far.

Angie

However...now that I think of it, I can make a second character for Ophelia. Indulge my submissive side, maybe.

Laughing Hyena

Anyway Remissus and Juro both fit into Ophelia.

Muse

Oh, dear.  What have I missed?  I just caught up in the game thread and was getting ready to post.  Should I ?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

Quote from: Muse on October 22, 2013, 03:57:34 PM
  Oh, dear.  What have I missed?  I just caught up in the game thread and was getting ready to post.  Should I ?
Go ahead and post, we're just trying to work things out. If your character has no Inhumanity Merits, you should be fine.

Muse

She's a cat-girl, Angie. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Angie

Oh dear...we may need to do a sort of soft reset on the game...go back to the beginning, split the game into two, and then go from there.

Muse

*nods* If that'll help, I'm good with it. 

godfang

so we have

-Jr
-Videospirit
-Hyena
-Angie

Pure RA game (DM: Angie)
-Yugishogun
-Me
-Muse
-Hyena

i think this will do for starters. I shall make a character for the Rapture academy game.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Muse on October 22, 2013, 06:09:11 PM
  She's a cat-girl, Angie.

All you have to do is remove the ears and tail and she's fine right? ^_^

Angie

Quote from: godfang on October 22, 2013, 06:43:52 PM
so we have

-Jr
-Videospirit
-Hyena
-Angie

Pure RA game (DM: Angie)
-Yugishogun
-Me
-Muse
-Hyena

i think this will do for starters. I shall make a character for the Rapture academy game.
okay. I'll make a character thread when I'm not so screwed up (headache due to a long period of not eating)

Datawych

Sounds like Venethrax should get moved to the pure-RA game, then. Though I'll need to change her character sheet a little bit. Also, if anyone's worried about not having enough characters, I have a few more ideas that I've been wanting to use. I'll wait to see if there's any additional interest in RA before making them, though.

apostateCourier

Quote from: Datawych on October 22, 2013, 08:14:53 PM
I'll wait to see if there's any additional interest in RA before making them, though.

Color me interested.  Any chance there's room for one more gal for the pure RA game?

Laughing Hyena

Seems good enough for me. Sides Im sure they don't mind. ^_^

apostateCourier

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 23, 2013, 11:47:22 AM
Seems good enough for me. Sides Im sure they don't mind. ^_^

Cool!  I'm working on a character right now.

Edit: should I post the character here, or wait for an actual character thread?

Jr

Idea for the BB game: Reskin the houses of RA as various after-school clubs to keep the conventional high school feel. Athletics, art, student government, and science clubs for the boys. Mythology, paranormal, religion, and literature clubs for girls. We could even use this to break down the gender gap a bit, as there's no reason a girl couldn't join the athletics club or a boy couldn't join the religion club.

Angie

Recruitment thread for RA vanilla is up.

Yukina

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 23, 2013, 02:48:28 PM
Recruitment thread for RA vanilla is up.

I'll get there in a sec. :)

godfang