News:

Main Menu

xbox

Started by Kotah, October 14, 2009, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotah

ok, I broke down and got xbox live today, and my husband hopped on and made the gamertag for him.

is there a way that we can both have separate gamertag things and that?
Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Brittany

I share an xbox 360 with my sister and when I switch it on I get the option of her account or my account and they both have different friends lists and gamerscores.  So if it is on 360 it is definetly possible.

Unfortunately she set it up for me because I am useless, so I cannot tell you how to do it, but it can be done.   :-)

Kotah

It is an xbox 360...

As far as setting it up... I'm clueless too.
Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

Brittany

Ah I have been looking for you and I think I found it.

If you turn on the xbox and it is in your husbands profile, press the big green button on the controller to bring up the menu.

Then press the blue x button to log out.

Then choose "yes, sign out"

Then "create profile" and you can do yours. 

But.. I think you need to pay again for xbox live if you want the gold one :-(  It is one per profile I think.  My sister has gold and I only have silver. 

Maybe someone else can help you out more.  Good luck!  :-)

Kotah

Man... I am so not paying for more then one account.

I am simply going to kill my husband.

*goes to find shovel*

>.>
<.<
;D

Is silver free? if so, how do I get that set up?

Brittany

hehe!!

Silver is free I am pretty sure.  I do not pay her anything for it.  Again I would love to help but I am so rubbish when it comes to these things!  I think its quite simple though :-)

Callie Del Noire

Silver is free, BUT you are limited in some things. Like access to some demo's/betas, features (the new update will offer an internet radio stream, facebook and tweeter for Gold members) and some games you can't do online multiplayer.

DrFier

I don't think any games can be played online with a silver account.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Jude

They have some special events where you can play games online with silver accounts, but in general that's accurate.

It's 50 dollars a year for gold if you pay yearly and 20 for 3 months if you pay in that increment.  When you first buy your xbox I think you get a 1 month free gold thinger.

There's not a whole lot of games you can play online split screen with anyway; so you can just share a profile if you don't mind the shared achievements, etc.

Left 4 Dead is the only one I can think off of hand; maybe Halo?

DrFier

Halo 3 can be played online in splitscreen, and guests are allowed into certain playlists (the unranked ones.).
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

boungaman

Bomberman Live can be played with a 1 gold acount and the other 3 players signed on as guests.

However I would reccomend that you both use seperate Silver accounts. for your own seperate save games ect ect. But you share 1 gold account to play online. However if youd like to all the games you own online togther then youd both definately need gold.

by the way anybody wanna challenge me at any game send me a PM lol
(providing I have the game but i have most of the most popular ones at least)