Elluiki

Started by Jester, January 30, 2007, 06:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Can we have a "Best Practice Guide to" Elluiki?

How are we supposed to use it?

Moondazed

I use mine to keep a list of the threads that I write in, it's an easy way to check and see if I've missed someone's post.  I also used to write in a game where I had four threads going so I created an Elluiki page that helped me keep them all straight at a glance.

Just my 2 cents... I'm not sure what Lilac et al had in mind :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Vandren

Not to resurrect a dead horse, but I've found Elluiki virtually impossible to navigate.  Would it be possible to include an index or some other user friendly means of browsing?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lilac

Yes, the fun thing about it is you can build it yourself ^_^

Vandren

Hmm, not sure whether to take that as sarcastic or not.  :)

However, I did manage to find an index of sorts under All Articles, though finding that wasn't exactly what you'd call "user friendly."

Oh, and in case there was misunderstanding, by browsing, I meant for all Elluiki, not just for the Watch list (how can you watch something if you don't know its there, after all) or "My Contributions".  Maybe a link to "All Articles" on the front page?  Just saying/curious because browsing "Categories" gives nothing and "New" only gives image files (probably since those are the only new things in a few months).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei