Recently approved? Want to meet people? Join the rebellion! (Non-Adult)

Started by Caeli, January 23, 2012, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

By which I mean the Mafia party game, of course. ;D The Mafia Game (or its equally popular variant, Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, as well as themed variants such as the most recent incarnation, The Rebellion of General Lu) have long been a big part of the non-adult games here on Elliquiy, and they can be a great way to meet people. I'm currently planning another round of the game, and would like to encourage new members to join, as it can be a great way to help you mingle and make friends.

For those unfamiliar with the game, Mafia was developed at Moscow State University in 1986, by a psychology student who wanted to study the effects of having an informed minority working against an uninformed majority.  In other words, the Mafia (or werewolves, or rebels trying to overthrow a king, etc.) know who their allies are, but they must work in secrecy, since they are greatly outnumbered by the innocents, who are unaware of who they can trust.  Each night, the Mafia choose one other player to eliminate from play; each day, everyone votes to "lynch" or otherwise remove someone from the game.  Special roles -- such as a guardian who can shield one player from the Mafia each night, or a seer who can spy out the roles of others -- shake up the game and keep everyone on their toes.  (You can look through Valerian's Vault or peek into Mafia Madness for examples of how the games work.)

Lies and deception are the order of the day, but remember, it's nothing personal.  :)  This is a light roleplaying game, and I'll be keeping the group small (about 12 people) so rounds can move along fairly quickly.  Roles are assigned randomly, and themes will vary from game to game.  Plotting happens both in the public game thread and via private message, and it’s hard to be sure who to believe!  But the games are always entertaining, and never predictable.

Val has pulled many an interesting theme to conduct her mafia games, and this time, I'll be re-using my miscellaneous imperial China theme. The story thread and list of roles is already up; you can find out more here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=129276.0

If you were approved recently, and you fancy trying to stop the rebellion (or maybe being a rebel!), just post your interest here, or send me a private message.  The first game will start once I have 12-14 players, but if there is enough interest, I will consider adding more roles and conducting a larger group for the theme.  :)

Currently signed up to play:
Remiel
Valerian
Saffron
Moirae
Ryven
Josietta
Leorobin
Niferbelle
Aiden
FoamWeber
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Caeli

Putting out a last call before I get things started late tomorrow or Friday. :)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Vaulera

Caeli

It can be, but it is a group roleplay. :P Why wouldn't it belong here as well?

You have a point, though. Next time I'll make a thread over there, too. :)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ