Conspiracy Theories - Leviathans (AKA: Lizard People)

Started by DearestPoppy, April 15, 2017, 05:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearestPoppy

Hello guys, gals, and others! I thought I'd bring up a topic that has been circling the web as of late and has become quite popular: Leviathans.

What Are They?:
A Leviathan is a huge creature referenced in the Tanakh or the Old Testament.
The Leviathan is mentioned six times in the Tanakh, with Job 41:1–34 being dedicated to describing him in detail: "Behold, the hope of him is in vain; shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?" In Psalms 74, God is said to "break the heads of Leviathan in pieces" before giving his flesh to the people of the wilderness. In Psalms 104, God is praised for having made all things, including Leviathan, and in Isaiah 27:1, he is called the "tortuous serpent" who will be killed at the end of time.

Modern Representations and Interpretations:
Leviathans in modern texts are considered smaller than they were described as in the Tanakh and the Old Testament. Many are described as simply being Lizard people. They are brought up in Television Shows, Books and YouTube "News Stories".

What I've Heard That People Believe:
Lately, I've been hearing folks talk about how Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber and Hillary Clinton (most "proof" for them over other people like Obama or Trump) being Leviathans AKA. Lizard people.
There are some strange videos out there on the web and they're very scary when you know they weren't edited.

What do you Think?
What are your personal opinions about the theory? I personally DO NOT believe it, if it ever came across that way. Though I am interested to see if anyone else does or if anyone else doesn't!

Please be kind and open minded to peoples opinions and ideologies!

~ Your Dearest Poppy ♥

Lustful Bride

Ive heard about Lizard people for a long time, Annunaki, Leviathans, whatever people want to call them and it always feels like a hollow argument only ever made with grainy footage or the footage can be the cause of terrible devices or glitches. Or the ever classic photoshop.

I personally don't believe in it or most other Conspiracy theories because I honestly don't believe in the competency of my government to really pull it off. And at times it feels like people who preach these theories tend to have a strong Anti government tinge to it or use buzz words like 'globalism' and other thigns that makes me wonder what they are really trying to say.

Hell my father worked for the US Capitol Police since around 2003 and saw several of the people that conspiracy theorists say are actually lizards and they act just as idiotic, clumsy and pigheaded as the rest of us according to him. (Also some of them are real assholes but he never named names.) So unless the lizard people are as dumb as we are, I doubt they exist.

Unless someone unmasks one of them on live television and we start catching them or something similar of hard evidence, I don't really believe them. :/

Now if someone wants to believe in this or other theories that's perfectly fine (to an extent). They have looked at the evidence presented to them and come to the conclusion that it must be real. So long as they don't go on a killing spree or start planting bombs, or violently try to push their beleifs they are free to believe as they are.

Mathim

One of my favorite horror movies has a twist ending (several twists, actually) involving the lizard people controlling the surface from the shadows. Only, they seemed to possess some form of unexplained supernatural power so the natural order of things as scientifically understood was clearly not in operation.

But if you know anything about evolution you can't possibly believe in it. Not on this planet, at least. Lizard people evolving on other planets? Why not.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Nimbuscloud

I'd heard about lizard-people before as well, but I never really looked into them.  It always confused me that they seemed to be associated with religious conspiracy, I never really knew about the religious element to it until now... so thanks for that!

This might be only tangentially related, but has anyone seen or heard of The Church of Gail?  She's got a youtube channel with her own little conspiracy universe, that is at once amusing and very depressing to me.  That's kind of how I feel about all people who tout conspiracy theories.  On some level, I'm profoundly sad for them, and that their perception is so distorted.  At the same time, the absurdity of it all can be really funny.  Describing some of Gail's exploits to a friend had me breathless and fighting for air!  That might seem mean-spirited, but I don't think it has to be.  They're putting it out there, and it's not like I actually have the means to get any of the psychological help, or that they'd take it if I did. 

Do you guys think it's wrong to watch and laugh at those types of people?

HannibalBarca

Ockham's Razor.  Most conspiracy theories are complicated rationalizations of phenomena that have much simpler explanations.  A lot can be easily swept away by understanding that any conspiracy that would be on a scale of an entire city, let alone a state, nation, or globally, would require far too many people 'in the know' to maintain secrecy.

Real conspiracies, such as the one to assassinate Hitler and carried out by Claus von Stauffenberg, involved much fewer people, and were easily discovered once the attempt was made.  They don't carry on for decades or centuries with nary a hint, or with only Alex Jones discovering them :/
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HannibalBarca on April 15, 2017, 09:17:47 PM
Ockham's Razor.  Most conspiracy theories are complicated rationalizations of phenomena that have much simpler explanations.  A lot can be easily swept away by understanding that any conspiracy that would be on a scale of an entire city, let alone a state, nation, or globally, would require far too many people 'in the know' to maintain secrecy.

Real conspiracies, such as the one to assassinate Hitler and carried out by Claus von Stauffenberg, involved much fewer people, and were easily discovered once the attempt was made.  They don't carry on for decades or centuries with nary a hint, or with only Alex Jones discovering them :/

The other problem with large scale conspiracies is that they would inevitably break down into infighting. And be too busy fighting eachother to rule the world. :P

Oniya

Quote from: Nimbuscloud on April 15, 2017, 09:04:48 PM
I'd heard about lizard-people before as well, but I never really looked into them.  It always confused me that they seemed to be associated with religious conspiracy, I never really knew about the religious element to it until now... so thanks for that!

David Icke, the guy who is by far the biggest proponent of the 'Reptilian conspiracy' is also a Holocaust denier, as well as believing that the government is behind Columbine, the OKC bombing, the 9/11 bombing, and is controlling people through chemtrails and water fluoridation.  By the time that you figure in how many people would have to be 'in on' any one of these conspiracies to keep it secret, there's no one left to keep it secret from.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HannibalBarca

QuoteDavid Icke, the guy who is by far the biggest proponent of the 'Reptilian conspiracy' is also a Holocaust denier, as well as believing that the government is behind Columbine, the OKC bombing, the 9/11 bombing, and is controlling people through chemtrails and water fluoridation.  By the time that you figure in how many people would have to be 'in on' any one of these conspiracies to keep it secret, there's no one left to keep it secret from.

It begs the question of why people are so eager to find conspiracy theories, when so much that is bad in the world isn't hidden at all, but blatant and right out in the open, or easily deduced.  The real bad people in the world don't really care so much if people know what they are doing...they tend to be fairly open about it.  Power tends to make people feel invulnerable and arrogant, not secretive.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: HannibalBarca on April 22, 2017, 02:52:23 PM
It begs the question of why people are so eager to find conspiracy theories, when so much that is bad in the world isn't hidden at all, but blatant and right out in the open, or easily deduced.  The real bad people in the world don't really care so much if people know what they are doing...they tend to be fairly open about it.  Power tends to make people feel invulnerable and arrogant, not secretive.

I read somewhere about a theory that conspiracy theories are born, somewhat paradoxically, out of a need for safety/certainty. People who hate the idea that things just happen from random chance are comforted by believing that everything happens because someone consciously orchestrated it, even (or especially if) that someone is malevolent in some fashion.

Oniya

I'm not sure if it was the earliest appearance of the 'conspiracy', but Robert Wilson wrote his initial 'Illuminati Trilogy' with one of his co-workers at Playboy because they were bored.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

HannibalBarca

QuoteI read somewhere about a theory that conspiracy theories are born, somewhat paradoxically, out of a need for safety/certainty. People who hate the idea that things just happen from random chance are comforted by believing that everything happens because someone consciously orchestrated it, even (or especially if) that someone is malevolent in some fashion.

That makes a lot of sense.  In this vein, religion would be some of the world's original attempts at conspiracy theories, as in many ways it serves to placate the fear of death/uncertainty of life, and what may or may not come after it.  Finding agency where none exists is a very human behavior.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

LordRod

My rebuttal to the idea of Lizard People.

America. 2016. We are too fucked up a species, to xenophobic, too random, too incoherent and too stupid to keep a conspiracy of this magnitude.

It can't be done.

Humans are simply not compotent enough.

Now you could argue that ALL the lizard people helped each other; but that assumes that no lizard people every end up in an ambulance examined by a non lizard people doctor, or a morgue or an airport scanner....so these lizard people are an awfully small number....

It falls apart when you consider how useless humans are as their minions.  Nope.
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Oniya

Quote from: Oniya on April 15, 2017, 09:42:14 PM
By the time that you figure in how many people would have to be 'in on' any one of these conspiracies to keep it secret, there's no one left to keep it secret from.

Sums it up in kind of an Occam's Razor sort of way.

Noisekick

I have come across someone who believe autism is a bioweapon to depopulate the earth. I mostly believe conspiracy theorists are untreated schizophrenics.