An idea: a table of commonly used abbreviations for the benefit of newcomers

Started by ryokothedemoness137, October 28, 2008, 12:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryokothedemoness137

Rummaging around the public part of the site, I've noticed that game suggestion, writing partner wanted and related thread types often have headers with abbreviations in square brackets.

It would be helpful to newcomers if there were a sticky with interpretations of the common ones (surely the meanings can be described in PG-13 rated language, even if the content of the thread being advertised would be NC-17).

M/M is obvious. I'm guessing NC is short for NC-17, but what does MUL mean? and there are others that are similarly mystifying.

Sherona

NC= non-consensual :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=15658.0

There is the post wher you can find commonly used abbreviations, its in the Rules and Announcement thread :)

Paradox

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

ryokothedemoness137

Quote from: Sherona on October 28, 2008, 12:20:33 PM
NC= non-consensual :)

Oooo. . .that fits with one idea I've been wanting to try out.  Too bad I'm still stuck waiting for approval.

Paradox

Patience, young grasshopper...demon...thing..

If you're approved, the wait will have been more than worth it!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Trieste

There's also the giant header above each section showing the full name, which approved members can see, so that by the time you'd have to figure out where to write, you have some clues.