Crimson Ruby (Recruiting any willing members M & F)(Need's more humans)

Started by Faceless, September 20, 2012, 11:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdyami

How many council members are there. You need 1 on 1 coverage invade they separate or the shades split them up for protection. But, the shades would probably not usually work with the same person as to become familiar with them, they'd most likely rotate but since all share allegiance, and bloodline, to the princess whatever she said would be done without question. Working as a unit in group protection or on non protective assignments. Another option could be to limit of shades and fill in with npcs should the need arise.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Kokaine

May I ask, and I apologize if its answered somewhere and I just missed it, but what is the current relationship between humans and vampires? I only ask to help give me a little more direction in making my Officer. I was thinking of having her sort of be an unofficial liaison between the vamps and humans (where the law is concerned at least) but I'm not sure if that would be appropriate in your setting.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Faceless

@ Kdyami- Yeah that sounds pretty good, adding in npc's where needed and rotating the Shade's for protection duties. 

@Kokaine- the humans and vampires are okay with one another since the vampires stay in their own lands.  It's pretty much how we are with Canada.  We have no problems with them and as a group get along, but there are some individuals who really don't like them.  Does that make sense?
"Yeah war is the answer like I told you before, you're a coward with no power just a stain on the floor.  If you're a man be a man, stop running your lips.  Round three no mercy, it's the way of the fist"

Ideas

Shire Wolfe

Kokaine brings up a good point.

The group, at least the bare bones of it, might be ready to start playing and bring in new characters as it goes along, but the story isn't. There's too much background information missing. Like, where is this set? Even if it's a fictional city in a fictional nation, you kinda have to say "It's in North America/Western Europe/etc, etc.". Does the humans know Vampires exist? Are there other "immortals" out there, like werewolves and such? Are there Hunters? How does Vampire politics work?
My O/O List.              A Wolf's ideas.

Faceless

yeah I'm gonna get started on the main back ground and details now, you all should be able to start in a few hours, maybe by tomorrow at the latest :)  If you all have any thing you would like to see in here, just send me a pm and I'll try and incorporate it into the general story line.  :)
"Yeah war is the answer like I told you before, you're a coward with no power just a stain on the floor.  If you're a man be a man, stop running your lips.  Round three no mercy, it's the way of the fist"

Ideas

Astraea

Quote from: Kdyami on October 08, 2012, 12:39:31 AM

@Astraea I like your write up ^_^  Sounds like fun.  What kind of relationship would you like Luna and Abeiro to have, your Highness.   I'm open to pretty much anything.

Kdyami! I'm so sorry I missed this before, but after re-reading your skeleton about Abe, I have a couple of questions. He was a vamp before he came to the Princess's service, right?

sleepingferret

Name: "Halphas", Jacob "Jake" Thompson (current alias)

Class: Council Member

Appearance:
Character Pics

Equipment: Typically carries several disposable lighters, two Zippo Outdoor Utility lighters, an 18k gold Zippo, and a matching pair of Springfield Armory Custom M1911-A1s.  The utility lighters are typically carried in custom holsters at his hips; Halphas is known to use them as a source for creating fire whips.
Equipment Gallery

Element: Sorcerer of Fire (Master of Fire, limited mastery of Air, Earth, Water, Spirit)

Personality: After 600 years of undeath, he is known to be a bit snide at times.  He can be cruelly, evil or compassionate and friendly; sometimes it may just depend on who you are...sometimes it may depend on his mood.  He is loyal to those he calls friends and allies, and a raging fury to anyone whom he deems foe. 

Luckily for his students, throughout his 600 years he's developed patience and he isn't prone to sudden mood swings. 

Strength: As perhaps the last remaining Sorcerer, he can control all of the Elements; albeit his mastery level is of the Element of Fire. 

Weakness: Like all sorcerers, unlike other vampires, wounds inflicted by silver must be healed by Spirit or Water users; and may not be healed by just by feeding.

Bio: After seeing six centuries of an ever changing world, including both periods of war and peace; the mortal that once was is long gone.  All that remains is perhaps a few personality traits and its physical appearance, but otherwise...all that remains is the vampire that the Coven has known for six hundred years.  Halphas is the last known sorcerer to still be living, all of the others having been slain when war broke out between the Covens.

So for the past century, he has served on the Council for Princess Luna and has continued the tradition of teaching both the Royals and the Shades the art of controlling the elements.  Halphas has also been searching for those who show exceptional talent with their gift, so he can take apprentices and restore the sorcerer's order.

However, also since the 1920s he has secretly been the "man behind" several organized crime groups.  In more recent years, he has made his presence to a few of his more successful organizations known.  As such he has taken on numerous aliases over the years, and again in more recent years, dresses more modernly.  Halphas even took up firearm training because of his "hobby" with his gangs.

His loyalties however are still first and foremost to Princess Luna and the Coven, and as such much of his organized crime activity in some way or another benefits the Coven.   

Kdyami

Quote from: Astraea on October 09, 2012, 04:22:33 PM
Kdyami! I'm so sorry I missed this before, but after re-reading your skeleton about Abe, I have a couple of questions. He was a vamp before he came to the Princess's service, right?

No worries ^_^   I have to re-write the bio part as I left it very basic, so I can re-write it either way.  I want to make it that he was "born" to be a shade in the training and everything but who did the turning I'm open.  Either the council made him as a gift or for his gifts or the princess saw potential and saw a use for it or some random vampire did it to get in the good graces of the council/princess or something else entirely.  And I don't want to step on Shire Wolfe's toes as she's in the same boat with her back story.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Astraea

Quote from: Kdyami on October 10, 2012, 04:42:02 AM
No worries ^_^   I have to re-write the bio part as I left it very basic, so I can re-write it either way.  I want to make it that he was "born" to be a shade in the training and everything but who did the turning I'm open.  Either the council made him as a gift or for his gifts or the princess saw potential and saw a use for it or some random vampire did it to get in the good graces of the council/princess or something else entirely.  And I don't want to step on Shire Wolfe's toes as she's in the same boat with her back story.

Okay so I'm going to borrow elements from both Twilight (you all can go suck it) and The Masquerade for your back story. And Kdy, feel free to take this whole thing or just borrow pieces that you feel work for you and Abe.

Part of the Council's job is to clean up messes left by unruly newborn vampires. Abe was one such mess. Found in a recently abandoned house, he had been fed from multiple times and left on the edge of death. My soldiers that found him were impressed, for the number of times that he had been bitten, and the amount of blood he had lost, he should have been dead. He wasn't, however he was strong enough to take a couple of stabs at my men, he was quickly overtaken and knocked out. My loyal men brought him to me, both because he had seen much of these wayward newborns and that he had survived them. I was impressed, and this doesn't happen often.

I changed him fully myself, not that it was difficult. He was in dire need of it anyway. He's been by my side ever since.

Oh, and those newborns? For having my own newborn, Hela taught Abe how to round them up and kill them. It was an excellent baby gift.

This leaves room for Abe to have received his training by the humans, however, given his training he's likely to be a newer vampire. Which I'm sure will entertain Hela greatly.

Also, Sleepingferret, excellent write up! But Halphas isn't a vamp is he?

Shire Wolfe

Quote from: Astraea on October 10, 2012, 10:06:25 AM
Okay so I'm going to borrow elements from both Twilight (you all can go suck it) and The Masquerade for your back story. And Kdy, feel free to take this whole thing or just borrow pieces that you feel work for you and Abe.

Part of the Council's job is to clean up messes left by unruly newborn vampires. Abe was one such mess. Found in a recently abandoned house, he had been fed from multiple times and left on the edge of death. My soldiers that found him were impressed, for the number of times that he had been bitten, and the amount of blood he had lost, he should have been dead. He wasn't, however he was strong enough to take a couple of stabs at my men, he was quickly overtaken and knocked out. My loyal men brought him to me, both because he had seen much of these wayward newborns and that he had survived them. I was impressed, and this doesn't happen often.

I changed him fully myself, not that it was difficult. He was in dire need of it anyway. He's been by my side ever since.

Oh, and those newborns? For having my own newborn, Hela taught Abe how to round them up and kill them. It was an excellent baby gift.

This leaves room for Abe to have received his training by the humans, however, given his training he's likely to be a newer vampire. Which I'm sure will entertain Hela greatly.

Also, Sleepingferret, excellent write up! But Halphas isn't a vamp is he?

Neat idea, hun. And yeah. Hela'll -love- training a gun-loving baby Vamp... ;)

sleepingferret

*bows* Thank you.

And yes, Halphas is a vamp; just one from a different time in vampire society.  A time where, "magics" were more prevalant.

His "kind" even then, were not common place.  It was a small but powerful and influential order.  The masters of said order, were often advisors to their respective Covens or even advisors to the council of all of the Covens.

Now as the last known sorcerer, he has his personal goal of someday rebuilding the order.  But with changes in vampire society itself, his overall loyalties lie with Princess Luna and the Coven that he has personally served for the past six centuries.

Astraea

Why do I get the feeling that Halphas is going to be a pain in Luna's side?  :P

Shire Wolfe

Same way you know what Hela's gonna do if he is?

Faceless

haha, well if you all could take a look at the first page and read over the rough draft and give me some thoughts and feelings on it that would be nice.

Ideas

Kdyami

Alright cool. I'll write this up and post something soon as I can.

Shire Wolfe

Mmh... I have a few issues with this.

First of all, Feeders: Yeah, there is a subculture for that today, but honestly, there wouldn't be enough of those for Vampires to survive on, even if they only need to feed once or twice a day. And alot of those whom are wannabee Vampires today'd be turned right off of it if there REALLY were Vampires out there.

And it removes the whole charm of the Vampire genre. You're supposed to be a suave, highly seductive, creature of the night that has to charm your victims into submission to allow you to feast on their blood. Not go "Oops, I can't feed from you, or the coppers' gonna come down on me."

Second, Vampire vs Human law: "Human X killed Vampire Y, so Human X is killed (or vice versa) WITHOUT TRIAL" and humans just accepting it is also quite flimsy in my mind. There is no way any Human government would accept Vampires to go about killing others, be they other Vampires or not, without some kind of trial, let alone killing Humans! Even if Texas does have the death penalty, they still have a trial first.

Third, Vampires in the Open: Nor do I think  the US government would allow another "power" to reside in their turf, especially one whom apparently commands a race of super-soldiers, however few their numbers. If anything, it'd end up like the Mutant Registration Act in X-Men, and dedicated, government-funded, Vampire hunting squads to hunt down and bring Vampires to trial... and no Vampire would ever let a human, their prey, mere cattle, pass judgement on them.

These are just my issues, but then, I tend to be a puritan when it comes to the Horror genres.

sleepingferret

Halphas a pain?  Never.... *quietly walks away whistling innocently to himself*

Luna may not always agree with his methods, but he isn't going to be trying to start an internal uprising, if that's what you're thinking.

Kokaine

Okay, so I've decided to go with Club manager to give my character a little more freedom to play with the vamps. I'm open to idea, suggestions, or any sort of connections that might hook her in a bit more.

Human Skeleton

Name: Kamryn Phoenix
(Phoenix was her code name, and is not her original surname. She goes by Kam or Phoenix)

Class: Club Manager / occasional bounty hunter (licensed)

Appearance: Standing near 6 feet tall in her bare feet, Kam is a prime physical specimen of female athleticism. With long dark hair, hazel-green eyes, and an athletic yet feminine build, she is attractive enough but usually down plays her looks with a slightly tomboyish, no nonsense style. She is almost always armed in some fashion whether visible or not and when hunting carries two custom stainless Nighthawk T3s.

Personality: Kamryn is your classic tomboy all grown up. She's more interested in her weapons than her nails, and avoids wearing dresses unless absolutely necessary. She is the sort to never ask another to do something she herself would not and fear is never an excuse. She is not afraid to do the hard jobs and even enjoys getting dirty. Kam is shrewd, intelligent, flexible, and resilient, with a curious streak a mile wide.

Strengths: For a human Kam is rather graceful, agile, and quick, and though she in no way comes close to matching a vampire physically, her strength is great enough that she often catches most of her fellow humans off guard. She is a top marksman with many awards and records under her belt and she possesses keen senses, including a “sixth sense” for danger that has kept her alive in life threatening situations more than once. Due to her experience in the military, Kam is able to keep a cool head under pressure and think fast on her feet.

Weaknesses: Kam is too curious for her own good and it often leads her straight into trouble. She also has an incredibly hard time asking for help which proves to be a major issue once she's found herself in trouble. Diplomacy is not something in which she excels since her temper often gets the best of her and she has difficulty backing down from a challenge.

Bio (Why you are what you are): Kamryn was the only daughter of a dedicated Marine turned Sheriff. Her mother, a first grade teacher, passed away when she was born due to complications and her father had no idea how to raise a typical girl so Kam ended up fishing and hitting baseballs and learning to hunt rather than playing dress up or having sleepovers. She loved it. Rules were rather strict in her household, but overall she had a decent childhood and she and her father were very close. He was proud when she entered the Army and the two kept in contact as much as possible until one day she received word that her father had been murdered.

After that day her path changed drastically. Despite being Special Forces and possessing an impeccable record, she discharged from the Army and dedicated herself to tracking down her father's murderer. Even after the case was officially closed without bringing anyone to justice, she dug in and fished around for information. She knew that vampires typically policed their own but for some reason they had failed to do a single thing about her father's murder, instead covering it up behind flimsy excuses that only angered Kam.

Only able to find bits and pieces of information, Kam decided to try a different approach. Settling down in an area chosen for its proximity to a large vampire population, she has managed to set herself up as the local Club manager. She is regularly seen out on the floor and even behind the bar, chatting with patrons as she serves them. The position has allowed her to slowly integrate herself into the local culture and even begin to find her way in with the vampires. She doesn't have any sort of all encompassing hatred for them all, that's just too much work, but she doesn't trust a single one of them. Then again there's not many humans Kam trusts either so maybe that's just her. She has been slowly and very carefully looking into the local coven but with the rise of an older and clearly more violent clan that's beginning to make waves her mission just got a whole lot more difficult.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Faceless

Name- Syn Relic

Age- 400-ish

Class- Shade

Appearance- Syn

Element- Water

Weapons- Wakazashi (two, one on each hip).  Steel Tiger (At the small of his back)  True Flight (three on each thigh in a specially designed harness), Bow (only in combat)

Gear- Gloves, Shirt, Pants, Boots, Vest (only wears the vest when in combat)

Personality- Cold, Calculating, Smart ass that often times puts his foot in his mouth, loyal to the Princess completely, has high respects for Halphas but still likes to give him shit on occasion for being the oldest in the Coven.  Believes that if you want respect you have to earn it.

Strength- Fiercely loyal and takes care of those that he deems friends/family.  He will stand up for anyone he respects regardless of race and doesn't care what others think around him for his belief's.  Master swords man and only uses a gun when an arrow can't reach the distance he needs.  Otherwise he trusts his blades.  When under high stress he is able to keep a level head and look at things from the most strategic sense instead of just going in "guns blazing".

Weakness- Often speaks without thinking and tends to keep his emotions and feelings to himself which often causes him to snap at people when they don't deserve it.  He has a somewhat difficult time admitting he's wrong and will hold a grudge because of it.  While he can keep his temper under control most of them time, when he does snap he isn't good at directing it...everyone gets hit and often times he gets into physical fights with those not liking him for yelling at them for something unnecessary.

Bio- Syn's entire blood line has been serving the royal family and as a young child he was raised that he would one day be serving the royal family.  He did strike out against his family, as any young juvenile would, and after experiencing the world for himself for about fifty years he came back and signed up for the Shade training.  He trained hard and worked his ass off doing as he was instructed showing excellent team work, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations and took up role as healer when the main healers were busy.

During his first decade under the Princess as her Shade it was pretty rough for him getting used to the whole idea of serving someone that was more than capable of taking care of herself.  However as he got to know the Princess and spent more time around her and saw how she handled her people his respect for her grew.  He, like many other Shade's, even took several near death blows for her just out of respect for her and seeing that the race did in fact need her.  Over the years as his respect grew he turned into one of the few top guards she had and often joked with the others about how reckless they used to be as children.

Ideas

Kdyami

Name- Was once Kyle Young, now simply goes by Abeiro, or simply Abe

Age- Appears 27 but can’t remember due to the trauma he sustained, best guess puts him about 120.

Class- Shade

Appearance- 1 2 Kyle is just under 6 feet tall and weighs in at 185 lbs.  Black hair usually kept short and grey eyes he can blend into the back ground or stand out and command attention, whatever the situation requires.  He has a number of scars from the years of battle and because protective instincts to put himself between his charge and the attacker.

Gear- Basic appearance , a pair of modified 1911 colt pistols one worn on his left thigh and in the small of his back , several knives worn on his right thigh, two push daggers one beside the pistol on his back and the second on his chest, his new favorite weapon is his sword typically slung over his right shoulder is perfect for close order protection. This is all mostly covered by the long coat he usually wears.  His SMG of choice the V Kriss or his assault rifle of choice the FN Scar are usually in the car or used when not on close order protection.

Element (If a Royal or a Guard): Earth, Terrakinesis

Personality-   Kyle takes great pride in both his skills and his abilities.  Because of this he spends most of his free time training and honing his skills.  He is generally a nice person to hang around with, often prone to answer questions and assist in most things asked of him. But be warned he has picked up a sarcastic sense of humor over the years.  On the job however he is tight lipped and serious.  Calculating, cool and efficient his instructors called him.  But he always gets the job done.  He has also been known for thinking outside the box.  A firm believer in finding a way to change the situation if no solution is available.

Strength- near instantaneous perception.  While not physically the fastest shade his mind works in overdrive while his adrenaline is flowing allowing him to react to things faster than most, his only limitation is the speed his body moves.  He has a penchant for playing chess, usually losing to his instructors but learning to see situations from more than one perspective.

Weakness-  Because of the years of training he has very little social skills,  he is a friend to all and generally nice, but is totally oblivious to all but the most basic of intentions, manipulation, seduction, and other complex “social combat” are beyond his grasp.

Bio (How you came to be what you are)- Kyle Young was born at RAF Menwith Hill, his father had something to do with the joint operations air force base there and his mother was a local nurse from just over the hill in Scotland.  Kyle can only remember scrambled images and a dying language from his parents.  He vaguely remembers begging to join the military as soon as he was able and eventually working his way up through the ranks.  His body remembers the training but Kyle doesn’t actually recall learning it.  He was blissfully unaware of the world of vampires until they shattered his way into his life. 

Kyle came home one night to find his parents dead in their off base housing and several “new born” vampires feeding on them in their living room.  Kyle had no idea what was going on but drew his sidearm and fired at the closest target without a second thought.  In hindsight this was a big mistake. The vampires immediately turned and set upon him.  He fought for all he was worth but wasn’t much of a match for the strength of the vampires.  He remembers knowing he was going to die starts to black out when there is a large commotion and the vampires let him go.  He sees the flash of teeth near him and strikes out believing he is under attack again but is confused to see body armor…..and that’s the last thought he had before he hit the ground unconscious. 

As Kyle learned later part of the Council's, and now his, job is to clean up messes left by unruly newborn vampires, sometimes even “dispose” of the newborns should they become a menace. He was just one such mess. The reports show him being found in a recently having been fed upon multiple times and left on the edge of death. The soldiers that found him were impressed. He should have been dead, with the number of times that he had been bitten, and the amount of blood he had lost. Yet he wasn't, he was even strong enough to take a couple of swings at the soldiers. Not very good ones as he was quickly subdued, but swings none the less. The soldiers brought him to the Council and Princess, both because he had seen too much of these newborns, but also because he had survived when not many would. The Princess was impressed enough to change him fully herself, not a difficult task for her but not one she usually performed herself. And Abeiro has never been more than a beckon away from laying his life on the line for the Princess or her Coven.

Kyle changed his name to Abeiro and began to learn what it was to be a shade.  From Hela he learned stealth and speed. She is the influence in his life to rely less on the firearms he’d spent his whole life using and move into alternative forms of weapons.  Leading to him studying with Syn.  Abeiro grabbed a sword and learned everything the self proclaimed master swords man would teach him.  And learn he did now always carrying the sword with him.  Even if he can’t bring himself to leave the guns behind he has other options.  Halphas has taught him to wield the power of the earth element.  He’s not going to be moving mountains any time soon, but softening the ground to absorb impact taking down  a cinder block wall, creating “step” to leverage a higher jump, are about the extent of his abilities.

Charlemagne

Is the list of accepted members updated as of now?

I'm trying to decide if I'd like to be human or a vampire, and I just wanna make sure I fit in somewhere nice.

Faceless

As of now, yes it's been updated.  Everyone who's posted a skeleton has been added.  Well there's plenty of vampires so far but one human.  Another human might fit you in better lol.

Ideas

Charlemagne

Alright, I was thinking about that anyway.

I'll post an app tonight.

Faceless

Ideas

Dray

I would like to show interest, I can make one of the male council members