Mafia Murder Theater: Casting of Romeo and Juliet - The Thespians Win!

Started by desert ashes, July 23, 2010, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Val listened quietly to the voting, glancing uneasily at Goober.  He looked so innocent!  But then, they all did.  They were all actors, after all, so they must all know how to act innocent when they needed to.  She sighed, and wished she'd picked a different profession.

"Well," she finally said, slowly, "since you all seem so sure, I suppose Goober must have done it.  I wish I was sure, about anything.  This is like living through the Scottish play, not auditioning for Romeo and Juliet!"  And she continued to fiddle nervously with her script, eyeing everyone in turn.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Izu

Izu bit on his bottom lip as he listened to everyone pointing their finger at Goober. Was this right? Of course not, taking in mind that there were now to killed people - an innocent and a murderer... He sighed quietly and shook his head. "I will vote for those who have not yet voted... their silence is suspicious... I'm sorry, Marg... but it's just so very suspicious that you always try to corner me and smex me up in some dark corner... and I do know that you like dead-ish innocent men..."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Marguerite

Quote from: Izu on August 02, 2010, 03:06:20 PM
Izu bit on his bottom lip as he listened to everyone pointing their finger at Goober. Was this right? Of course not, taking in mind that there were now to killed people - an innocent and a murderer... He sighed quietly and shook his head. "I will vote for those who have not yet voted... their silence is suspicious... I'm sorry, Marg... but it's just so very suspicious that you always try to corner me and smex me up in some dark corner... and I do know that you like dead-ish innocent men..."

Marguerite gasped at Izu and frowned at the darling. "Oh, you are just jealous Izu because I ran off with Moirae to seduce her at her apartment and did not invite you along. I am sorry that my love of Eric and Bill are too much for you to handle but I had no hand in the murder of the Mercutio. Besides, I was busy enjoying a chorus girl when the murder happen. You can even ask the chorus girl, she might be limping but she will be smiling all about it."

[-Chuckles-]
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Izu

Izu narrowed his eyes suspiciously and shook his head. "Oh, is that so? And is it a coincidence that you can spell 'Eric' from 'Mercutio'???? I don't think so!"

Marguerite

Quote from: Izu on August 02, 2010, 03:11:16 PM
Izu narrowed his eyes suspiciously and shook his head. "Oh, is that so? And is it a coincidence that you can spell 'Eric' from 'Mercutio'???? I don't think so!"

"Actually, you are the first to point it out. Are you sure you are not trying to make your love nest of dead actors? You seem awfully jealous of my time with the chorus girls. Did you kill thinking I was going to try and seduce anything with a pair of legs?," she accused, shaking her head.

Izu

*points at the corner of your mouth* There is still blood there even if you try lick it off. I bet if we test it we'll find a match with Aiden!!

Marguerite

Quote from: Izu on August 02, 2010, 03:21:45 PM
*points at the corner of your mouth* There is still blood there even if you try lick it off. I bet if we test it we'll find a match with Aiden!!

Marguerite laughed, "Sorry, but that is ketchup. You can taste and see where I had slapped it on a sausage link and if I really wanted to gross you out, I would burp in your face." Yet, she did not and instead pointed to the trash can for the hot dog packet. "Though you could lean in to kiss moi."

Izu

[ . . .  :o . . .  :-X . . .]

. . .

*shakes head* Crazy woman.

Marguerite

Quote from: Izu on August 02, 2010, 03:28:52 PM
[ . . .  :o . . .  :-X . . .]

. . .

*shakes head* Crazy woman.

-Laughs-

Of course Izu, I am crazy about hot dogs and tacos.

Kye

After listening to her fellow thespian's debate back and forth Kyrsa grumbled slightly to herself and shook her head, still unsure who it could be.  "Once again I must vote without any guidance.  Hopefully luck will be with me and Goober will actually be the guilty party."  With that decision made Kyrsa wandered back to her new desk back stage and began to look over the script once more.  After all the show must go on.

desert ashes

On Stage: "Murder most foul, as in the best it is. But this most foul, strange, and unnatural." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Goober (6) - Xandi, Remiel, Rolin, Imogen, Kyrsa, Valerian
Rolin (1) - Goober
Imogen
Izu (1) - Marguerite
Kyrsa
Marguerite (1) - Izu
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 2 Understudies

With so many fellow Thespians against him, Goober's fate seemed doomed without hope -- which was precisely how his end came to be.  There were no escape routes, no slight of hands or tricks, nor any prettily turned word left that could possibly save his life.  As the final vote, the lingering words of the Producer, echoed off stage, one by one the stage lights dimmed to blackness before a single spotlight was left on the accused.  A second later the spotlight turned red before the stage dropped into complete darkness; a high pitched male scream then sounded, sending chills down the spines (and an ache in the ears) of those on stage.

When the lights flared back to life, the Understudy Goober, to have played the role of Montague, was seen no more.  The cast and crew had chosen wisely and could rest a little easier now that two of the fearsome Understudies were no more.  But ... what of the third? 

Danger still lurked and did so nearby.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

desert ashes

As the house lights gave a flicker it was slowly revealed that despite a flurry of shadowed activity not one of the cast and crew had suffered injury during their wait.  As ever vigilant, the Director had made a wise choice in who they protected from the remaining Understudy. 

Would this make it harder or easier to identify the final threat to the Thespians? 

Cast and Crew
Aiden — Thespian/Mercutio, Killed, Act 1 (Night)
Goober — Understudy/Montague, Lynched, Act 2 (Day)
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Rolin
thirteenhearts — Understudy/Lady Capulet, Lynched, Act 1 (Day)
Valerian
Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 1 Understudy
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

As Xandi looked around the theater she noticed one person who seemed to be acting a little odd. The Beautiful Kyrsa had been acting odd since the very first day. She had voted against Xandi in one round but that was not proof of anything as Xandi well knew, everyone was guessing at first.

Now Xandi stood in the midst of her fellow Thespians and she cleared her throat to gain everyones attention. "I only have one thing more to say before night falls upon us yet again. I think our producer has been acting a bit strange for sometime now. She was in love with the poor Aiden and when she saw his affection for me she killed him and now that we have uncovered her plans with her fellow understudies she plans yet another death as we speak. I implore you all to vote with me and be done with this nasty business. Once the final understudy is discovered we can honor our lost friend with the performance of a lifetime, knowing that his death has been avenged."

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

As Xandi recites the last scene she had rehearsed with Aiden she weeps openly and walks to a chair on the side of the stage and sits down to mourn her lost Romeo.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

Val started to say something, stopped, swallowed hard, then worked up her courage.  "Well, I still don't know what's going on," she finally said, awkwardly.  "And I can't believe I'm doing this... I mean, I voted for her for producer!  But Xandi hasn't steered us wrong yet, and I trust her.  I vote for Kyrsa, too."  And with that, she sat down hurriedly, blushing faintly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"This day's black fate on more days doth depend!" cried Remiel, his fist shaking perhaps a bit more than was strictly necessary.  "This but begins the woe others must end!" he added, choking off a manufactured sob.  He paused a bit, for effect, but when nobody applauded he slumped, annoyed.

"This theatre has too long been held captive by the whims of its producer!" he mumbled.  "Although we shall have to sacrifice, this production shall be independent!  Kyrsa, we bid you adieu!"

desert ashes

On Stage: "Murder most foul, as in the best it is. But this most foul, strange, and unnatural." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Kyrsa (2) - Valerian, Remiel
Marguerite (2) - Xandi, Kyrsa
Xandi (1) - Marguerite
Imogen
Izu
Remiel
Rolin
Valerian

Still Voting: Imogen, Izu, Rolin

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

As the Actors and Actresses began making their votes known Xandi listened and began to doubt one other persons voting history.

She said in a loud and clear voice, "I think I will withdraw my vote against Kyrsa for now. I have suspicions of another and before the night is through we shall know who our other killer is.

So Please remove my vote for the time being. I will vote again after I am more certain of who our killer is."
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Autumn52

Xandi was upset by her own uncertainty. Finally she decided the time had come to let her suspisions be made know.

I think the final understudy is Marguerite. She has hidden herself away with obsure votes and playfully taking attention away from herself playing with Izu.

Kye

Kyrsa gives Xandi a thankful smile.  "Thank you Xandi... I don't know who it could be, but I will trust your instincts, they haven't been wrong yet.  All I know is that I am not the murderer, so perhaps Marguerite has something to hide..."

Marguerite

"Actually, Xandi is completely wrong considering you might have gotten the first two understudies but I am not the last one. I am merely just an actress looking to play the gender bending role of Romeo. I really have been quiet because I am enjoying myself with other actors and actresses. Though it really does not matter because it seems a girl cannot have fun without being evil for it." Marguerite shook her head and stretched her arms above her head. She really did not care one way or another because two understudies were gone and the last one would be found out sooner or later. Should she die, at least she enjoyed almost all of the cast members and back stage help.

Before she headed off to make her way with the backstage handler once more, she stopped to give the last few words, "Should I am revealed to be an actor and not an understudy, you should look towards Xandi or those who piggy backed on to vote me as the supposed understudy to be taken out as well." Marguerite knew who it was to be the actual soothsayer and headed off.

Imogen

Imogen raised a brow hearing Marguerite's "defense".

"We all have our priorities, I suppose. Be that as it may, accusing Xandi is about as ridiculous as you can get. Two understudies are gone thanks to her, and if you feel that is suspicious in any way, then I have no choice but to cast my vote on you."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Kyrsa (4) - Valerian, Remiel, Izu, Marguerite
Marguerite (3) - Xandi, Kyrsa, Imogen
Imogen
Izu
Remiel
Rolin
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Rolin

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marguerite

Marguerite laughed at the fools who accused her. "Nay, Xandi is most wrong in her assumption and you will only give the understudies another death to be happy over. Go ahead and lynch me, I do not care for I made my bed and will happily lie in it with the lovelies who I have smooched and canoodled." Marguerite waited and crossed her arms knowing her fate and seeing the cast would suffer a great loss and an ally in finding the last understudy. Still, she planned to enjoy this witch hunt as she pulled out a bottle of wine to enjoy before being hanged. "A girl always needs to get her last drink before death comes around to ask her to dance." Oh how happy she was to accept death for the understudy would still be alive to murder another again.

Izu

[[Sorry for the slowness - I was on a trip and I didn't really have much time to get online <3 ]]

Izu looked around, biting on his bottom lip as he wondered whether to point his finger at Marg once again... but could it be that he had been wrong the first time? "Kyrsa..." He mumbled, looking down.

Marguerite

Marguerite looked at Kyrsa and smiled, "You know, I will change my vote to Kyrsa to even out the votes. You never know, we might get two heads to go down tonight."