[Ascendant] Protect The Universe (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, March 01, 2016, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

You get three powers for your character.  If you want to tie it to a weapon ala Sailor Uranus I am sure you could.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

MiraMirror

So, I'm still not sure if I want to go for Uranus or not, buuuut I have to wonder just how many people are going to make fun of that name. I mean, it's pretty standard at this point.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Crash

Mira - I briefly played Sailor Uranus in another game and no one made fun of the name.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

MiraMirror

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2016, 01:39:14 PM
Mira - I briefly played Sailor Uranus in another game and no one made fun of the name.

Damn! My evil plans, ruined! I'm leaning more towards Uranus, but I also like the light elemental stuff...I'm just going to roll a dice.

Angie

Lady Mercury (my theoretical character) would consider 'Uranus' puns to be the epitome of no effort-especially when there are so many other jokes involving asses.

Oh yeah, expect this lady Mercury to be foul mouthed for a change of pace. With the occasional Shakespearean insult for flair. It is my dream to one day spout off "Villain, I have done thy mother!" because I think Shakespearian "Your Mom" jokes are hilarious.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

MiraMirror

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 01, 2016, 01:41:58 PM
Lady Mercury (my theoretical character) would consider 'Uranus' puns to be the epitome of no effort-especially when there are so many other jokes involving asses.

Oh yeah, expect this lady Mercury to be foul mouthed for a change of pace. With the occasional Shakespearean insult for flair. It is my dream to one day spout off "Villain, I have done thy mother!" because I think Shakespearian "Your Mom" jokes are hilarious.

Damnit, Angie, you glorious writer, you. Glad to see you again, though.  I'm kind of tempted to go for energetic Track and Field Uranus...

DomJoe

Quote from: MiraMirror on March 01, 2016, 01:44:04 PM
Damnit, Angie, you glorious writer, you. Glad to see you again, though.  I'm kind of tempted to go for energetic Track and Field Uranus...

Y'know, I'd happily write up a selfish, no-motivation Male Uranus if you go with that concept.

MiraMirror

Quote from: DomJoe on March 01, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
Y'know, I'd happily write up a selfish, no-motivation Male Uranus if you go with that concept.

Ooooh...Color me interested... I'm also thinking she has one hell of a sweet tooth, if you want to do something like that. I imagine she tries to get others to try the snacks she brings. >:3

Angie

Quote from: MiraMirror on March 01, 2016, 01:54:57 PM
Ooooh...Color me interested... I'm also thinking she has one hell of a sweet tooth, if you want to do something like that. I imagine she tries to get others to try the snacks she brings. >:3

Lady Mercury: "Goddamn, you know exactly how to get to me...It's only by the grace a'God I'm not a fatass..."
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Crash

I think I am going t go with the theme..."it's always the quiet ones."

MiraMirror

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 01, 2016, 01:56:56 PM
Lady Mercury: "Goddamn, you know exactly how to get to me...It's only by the grace a'God I'm not a fatass..."
"Well, you could always run with me to burn off some calories once your metabolism runs out, ya know? Well, I guess if you can keep up, that is." *Shit-eating grin*

DomJoe

Quote from: MiraMirror on March 01, 2016, 01:54:57 PM

You'd probably have to prod and bribe my character a bit for him to get her sweets, but I could see it happening if she was persistent enough.

I'm also planning on running a more effeminate male in terms of appearance. Should be quite the contrast compared to your more lean and athletic girl. In any case, going to start writing up an application soon.

MiraMirror

Quote from: DomJoe on March 01, 2016, 02:02:39 PM
You'd probably have to prod and bribe my character a bit for him to get her sweets, but I could see it happening if she was persistent enough.

I'm also planning on running a more effeminate male in terms of appearance. Should be quite the contrast compared to your more lean and athletic girl. In any case, going to start writing up an application soon.

Yeah, expect her to prod at people a lot.

Amarlo

Side note, while both of the same planet have to be together and unified to use their unity power I don't think that means they have to be together relationship wise or sexually also o.O

-slips that in as a question for Wispyr as well, just to make sure-

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xanatos

Quote from: Amarlo on March 01, 2016, 03:10:47 PM
Side note, while both of the same planet have to be together and unified to use their unity power I don't think that means they have to be together relationship wise or sexually also o.O

Yeah, I would hope so.

Crash

[/quote

Good.  That may have been an issue with the character I was thinking.  Didn't want to do a forced pairing.

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on March 01, 2016, 08:39:16 AM
Dunno if I'll have the time ... but I'll tentatively call Male Venus.  O:)
Quote from: Juggtacular on March 01, 2016, 08:39:52 AM
Reserving male Saturn. -glances at a certain someone-
Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2016, 10:20:17 AM
Female Neptune please!
Reserved... Reserved... Reserved!

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 01, 2016, 11:59:36 AM
Good god am I tempted to go right for Lady Mercury...
-Casually reserves so you can plot- >.>

Quote from: DomJoe on March 01, 2016, 01:52:57 PM
...Male Uranus...
Reserved.

Okay... Onto the questions!

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2016, 11:52:24 AM
Going to try to get a character sheet done. Is the school a High School or College?
GM Note: As Amarlo mentioned, the Academy is a University. Characters should be in the age range of 18-22 attending their 1-3rd year in school.

Quote from: DomJoe on March 01, 2016, 11:00:44 AM
Also, I noticed Saturn does not have a passive... is this intentional?
This was an accidental omission on my part while I was constructing the posts. Will fix this shortly.

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 01, 2016, 11:59:36 AM
On one hand, I am not the biggest fan of school based games...
I wouldn't call this a school based game. A school is a very convenient way to bring people from essentially anywhere into one location where they would likely know each other and or be somewhat familiar with one another. Overall the school will play a very little part in the game aside from being a setting in which everyone is attending... At least to start. That is, if the school is your hold back I really wouldn't bother worrying about it because it isn't my focus beyond being a device to bring the caste together initially... And when the caste eventually moves onto the saving the god-damn universe attending school just... well it just really isn't going to be on their list of priorities.

Quote from: Xanatos on March 01, 2016, 01:24:42 PM
Does the character, when infused, gain automatic proficiency (better yet, mastery) with the weapon chosen? Otherwise, I can see the weapon being basically useless/more for show. As even a 'basic' sword requires a lot of practice to truly use effectively.
GM Note: Characters gain extensive knowledge of their weapon as it is assumed that the training needed to utilize the weapon comes from the essence of the planet. Can they get better? Absolutely, but they will know how to use their weapons in combat.

Quote from: Xanatos on March 01, 2016, 01:24:42 PM
Can weapons have powers, to to speak? Similar in nature to what one might find in D&D.
GM Note: Potentially. It will depend on planet, power in question, the weapon itself... Best to say very small powers, but yes the potential for them to have abnormal traits is absolutely there.

Quote from: Xanatos on March 01, 2016, 02:08:50 PM
Laying claim to Emily Wickersham.
Noted.

GM Note: No. The Unity power is more like a combination attack, it's something that both Ascendants are able to summon only when working together to create it. As I'm sure you noted these powers are much... stronger than the attacks I want characters to have at the start and should usually rival, in general, some of the most powerful attacks they get later. They need not be romantically or sexually involved to access this power, simply working in tandem to utilize that power. The Ascendants were strong on their own, but when an Ascendant Pair was working together they were out right frightening.

And then some random assorted stuff...

I go to bed for a couple of hours and holy interest so far! Jeez! Awesome guys. Love it! Bring your friends, lots of roles still open!

GM Note: Ascendants do not need to be romantically involved with their pair. While it was not uncommon for this to happen it was by no means the rule. The Ascendants were a unit in of themselves, and most often worked as rulers of their own worlds. To this end it was natural in many cases for feelings to bubble up and the pair to become involved with one another however it was equally as common (perhaps slightly more) for them to want to keep a health degree of separation between one another as part of their goal was ensuring that the other did not go off the deep end, so to speak.

GM Note: Remember that each Ascendant is unique in of itself and has no ties to the Ascendants before them. So in the case of something like the Solar King (Ascendant of Sol) and the Lunar Queen (Ascendant of Luna), whom were married before need not have any attraction at this point.

Xanatos

Woot, thanks for the info Wisp.

Also, I am claiming Female Jupiter. Want to have some electric fun.

Wispyr

Quote from: Xanatos on March 01, 2016, 03:51:05 PM
Also, I am claiming Female Jupiter. Want to have some electric fun.
Noted.

GM Note: I will hold character reserves for 7 days at which point I will need to see a sheet for the character produced. This is a shit or get off the pot deal - many people will likely have favorites and you will not be allowed to hold a role hostage. If you are unable to make your sheet within that time frame after making a reserve, please contact me and let me know so that we can work it out. I won't bite you, I promise.

GM Note: Please submit completed character sheets to me via PM and tag them: Ascendant Character Sheet. A character sheet thread will go up once approved characters are around.

aya

I would like to reserve female Sailor Venus ._.

Wispyr

Quote from: aya on March 01, 2016, 04:07:47 PM
I would like to reserve female Sailor Venus ._.
DONTCHU MAKE THAT FACE AT ME.

Noted. <3

aya

Wispyr

Quote from: aya on March 01, 2016, 04:12:52 PM
But Wispyr, it's my favorite face :(
Oh okay... I love your face so I can live with it.

Missing Saturn Passive has been fixed. My apologies.