One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland) - Closed for now.

Started by Revenent, August 16, 2012, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

Ironwolf85

I just posted my old one, I'm thinking of going a bit more low key, a post a day basicly.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Trafalgar

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Healergirl

Trafalgar's character does have weaknesses, a very well done bit of work.

His character is also one very scary-looking SOB.  Can't wait to meet him IC.

persephone325

Quote from: Revenent on August 19, 2012, 04:46:04 PM
Like this.

[spoiler=What you want the clicky part to say]Blah blah blah[/spoiler]

Two things:

1. Obviously, you need to fill out the Personality section.

2. Middle City hasn't been around for 800 years, let alone the Brothers Fallen.

Fix those, and you should be golden.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, I'm closing this thread for now, under the same conditions that I stated before (which I put in the original post). If you were reading the thread before this post goes up, you're still eligible.

I'm still interested, but might join at a later date if possible. If I'm not allowed, I understand.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Revenent

Quote from: persephone325 on August 21, 2012, 08:06:39 AM
I'm still interested, but might join at a later date if possible. If I'm not allowed, I understand.

That's fine. If you're joining later, just send me a PM with your character app whenever you're ready.

persephone325

Quote from: Revenent on August 21, 2012, 09:30:43 AM
That's fine. If you're joining later, just send me a PM with your character app whenever you're ready.

Okey-dokey. Thanks a bunch. :)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Trafalgar

Quote from: Healergirl on August 21, 2012, 07:58:49 AM
Trafalgar's character does have weaknesses, a very well done bit of work.

His character is also one very scary-looking SOB.  Can't wait to meet him IC.

Anybody touches Berenger's daughter then they risk a trip to the butchers shop.
Cannot wait to get stuck in though!!!!
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Kaisude

Hey guys kind of lack the ability to type properly in my left hand. So i will be away for some time.

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Kaisude on August 21, 2012, 10:29:06 AM
Hey guys kind of lack the ability to type properly in my left hand. So i will be away for some time.
:0
Hope you get better soon!

@Everyone else: I'm excited to see how everyone interacts with each other.  As a whole the cast is very interesting as well :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Revenent

Gehenna (Gang HQ)

Our brand new IC headquarters is up. Introduce yourself and interact as much as you want, and I'll try to get things rolling quicker this time around.

Try not to nearly kill the other patrons this time around.

Revenent

We're opening up again! As the title says, we can use a couple more females, though I'm trying to keep the group a bit smaller now. Post quickly if you're interested (and are a reliable poster).

FallenFeather

Revenent

Cool! ;D I was worried I wouldn't get the couple more people we needed, which is a surprise, since the initial round of recruitment was so booming.

Lithium

Hi Revenent, do you think that you could post a list of which characters are still in, please? It'll help me decide if I want to join (probably do), and avoid making a redundant character.

Revenent

To my knowledge, the ones still with us are:

Marchosias (obviously)
Jack Mason
Ariel Al'kiir
Adam Smith (possibly)
Taurus Beresford (possibly)
Ayr Fairfang
Rutilus

So we definitely need a few females to even things out.

FallenFeather

I couldn't decide on a character, so I made two. Go ahead and choose one >v<

One
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Clarissa Rue Langford

Race: Black Dragon

Appearance:
Human:
Without the horns and tail if hiding. Also, usually clothed in various attired.
Half:
The woman. Also, just to show form. Mix human and dragon to see features such as color and face and tail and wings and horns, etc.
Dragon:

Sexual Preference: Any and all

Former Gang: None

Gang Position: Rue is a freelancer out for only herself.

Weapon of Choice: Rue prefers to let others do the fighting. However, she is fully capable with far above average human strength, on parallel with the brutish creatures.
Claws: Rue can transform any part of her body including her claws, which can slice through steel.
Tail: Rue’s tail, even in its half form can smash boulders with over a ton of force.
Blades: Despite her hatred for them, Rue can handle a blade very easily, though she prefers lighter swords and daggers.
Death Magic: Like all dragons, Rue can use magic to her element: death. Rue has the ability to use death magic, meaning incurring disease and rot. Weaker targets will rot within a span of a few seconds, while stronger targets, Rue can only target a certain area and not completely dead.
Elemental Magic: As a Black, and higher dragon, Rue is capable of using lesser dragons’ elemental magic, such as Water (healing/protection), Earth (protection), Wind(boosts/over time damage), Lightning(sudden high damage), and Fire (sudden damage and then burning). However, these elements are a lot lower in skill than one of that type.

Additional Skills: Rue uses her wit and cunning to get through situations. She is an extremely capable talker and diplomat.
White Magic: White Magic, or life magic, can heal and even bring lesser things back to life. However, as the opposite element, Rue’s white magic is incredibly weak and she prefers to use water magic to heal.

Personality: Clarissa is cunning to the point that no one really knows who she is. She can smile or cry at will, a superb actress. Long ago she had learned to hide her real emotions. Since she had emerged into life on her own, her fellow clutch members eaten or otherwise killed and parents nowhere to be seen, Rue has learned that the world is a cruel place and deserves no kindness since it returns none. Never has anyone truly gotten close to her, though she pretends to allow them only while their purpose lasts. Many of her associates theorize that though she has a cold exterior, there is a warm loving person within. So far they've all been proven wrong and Rue swears that she'll never be truly nice to anyone.

Bio: Rue goes wherever life takes her. She was born alone. Dragons lay eggs in clutches of about ten. However, when she hatched, she was alone. All other eggs were destroyed, or perhaps hatched already. Her parents were nowhere in sight. Clarissa was forced to fend for herself. Dragons have always been feared creatures, up there with demons. Rue was forced to hide among the humans in order to not die. There was this one brothel keeper that had taken her in. She felt like she had a family then.  The girls in the brothel treated Rue like their little sister, while the keeper treated her like a daughter. Rue was happy. However, one night, the brothel caught fire. Rue searched through the building only to find the keeper trapped under a beam. In order to save the woman, Rue partly transformed to lift the beam. Once free, instead of thanking Rue, the keeper backed away quickly, screaming. She kept trying to put as much distance between Rue and herself as she could, even if it meant stepping into the flames. On fire, the keeper cursed Rue’s existence, calling her a demon and a monster.

Rue’s emotions were mixed. To have had a loving family just hours before, to being called a monster by a woman she considered a mother.  The girl decided to never let humans into her life ever again, deciding that the only one she could count on was herself.

Centuries later and Rue found herself in Middle City. At this point in time, humans had become accustomed to the fantastical. Vampires and werewolves walked among man when before they were hunted. Demons and angels crossed each other’s paths. One would think that Rue would have gotten over her issue with humanity at this point, but it hardened her even more to the world.

Theme Song (optional): Soon to come.

Two
Name: Lilliana Vess

Race: Demoness

Appearance:
Human:
Demon:

Sexual Preference: Unknown.

Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen

Gang Position: Vess was an assassin. A very good assassin. There was never a target that had ever managed to escape her.

Weapon of Choice:
Weapons: Vess is trained to use every weapon available: from dirk to great axe to gun. Her preferences are an assassin’s blade, which is something between a dagger and sword. She usually dual wields said blade in one hand and a dagger in another.
Shadows: Lilliana can make shadows materialize and solidify. The shadows can become mists to hide in or unbreakable tendrils to hold down a target.

Additional Skills:
Alchemy: Vess’s poisons and potions are top notch and sell for a small fortune. She’s the best of the best.
Stealth: Due to her position as assassin, Vess can completely erase her presence. Not even a werewolf could smell her, nor a neko hear her. Very few and extremely powerful beings could figure out she’s there, and even there not quite an exact position.
Speed: Only the quickest races can outrace her. Her movements are a blur to all those but the trained.
Flight: The assassin has a great pair of wings on her back. They allow her powerful and quick flight.

Personality: Vess thinks before she acts, though she rarely does act. Everything has to be timed perfectly for her. The demoness calculates everything around her at an unnerving pace. She's always been a woman of few, but awing words. Despite being more on the quiet side, Vess is extremely stubborn, selfish, and proud. Everything is about her and only her goals are important. Even in her human life, everything was to make her own life better. She absolutely refuses to take orders from others, even if it usually means it would get her into trouble, which of course it has on multiple occasions. Vess is extremely straight forward, almost to a point of being blunt, and has absolutely no humor whatsoever, though is exceptionally good at acting like someone, or something, she's not.

Bio: Vess was born into poverty during the Medieval Ages in the country sid. Growing up practically an orphan since her mother worked the streets, either as a beggar or a companion, Vess explored on her own. At some point, she just wandered away from her mother and followed a pilgrimage to a large city when she was still very young. A child in the great would never have had a chance to survive without acquiring some basic thieving skills. Soon, however, she got caught stealing an apple from a market stall. Thankfully, a stranger saved her by paying for the near stolen apple. The man bribed the child to follow him by telling her she could have some meat. When arriving at his residence, he asked her to hand over the five other apples she stole without being caught. Denying the crime, the stranger suggested that she join him and his Thief's Guild. She would be trained and would steal for the Guild. In return, she would be fed, clothed, and sheltered. Vess heartily agreed and grew up training to be a thief.  At one point in her life, caught somewhere between child and woman, she broke into what seemed like a rich house. However, upon entering, Vess discovered it was some kind of witch's house. Fascinated, she explored and lingered, despite knowing otherwise. Once, again, she was caught by the witch once she had returned home. However, instead of wanting to punish the girl, the witch weaved an enticing tale, convincing Vess to learn her ways, explaining that she would receive a lavish life style, obtaining anything and everything she wanted. Once again, Vess agreed and started to study under the witch as well. Years went by and Vess became a woman. She had moved up from complete poverty to living as lavishly as she wanted. But it still wasn't enough for her. She wanted more. Her greed got the better of her and she did exactly what the witch had warned her against. Vess made a pact with a demon. In exchange for her soul, she would be granted the power to do and have anything. Her joy was short lived and it was soon after that the demon came to collect on his part of the bargain. Vess tried to trick the demon, but in the end, Hell won out and received another soul to own.

The demon she had made a bargain with attempted to take control over her. For a long time she fought with the demon and quickly escaped him, fleeing. For ages she fled before finding shelter with a much higher ranked demon in Middle City. Centuries went by as she plotted vengeance. She grew stronger, faster, and more powerful than she ever was in her human life. Once again, she started by stealing from demons, but being caught by one target, she became employed to assassinate another or lose her own life. Finding assassination to come easy to her, the demoness continued her thieving, but now assassinated. Vess became known within Middle City as a never-fail assassin. Vess had found out the hard way that the one that employed her originally was a member of The Brothers Fallen and she was unofficially recruited. After that, she became their shadowy assassin. It was never something she had thought she would ever do. However, her training as a thief and witch from her humanity, along with her newfound ability to control shadows, she was nearly undetectable by any. Due to her skills, she helped the gang become the second-most powerful, taking out key members of other gangs.

But within the gang, Vess could only rise so high. And her greed started to get the best of her once again. Secretly, she started making deals with other gangs to gain more glory and gold. She would even take out members of her own gang, showing that she had no loyalty to them. The Brothers Fallen eventually found out and tried to take her out. However, with her skills, Vess easily escaped them after taking out a good deal of their forces. Whenever the gang would find Vess, no small feat in itself, it would send squadrons of grunts. None returned however. Finally, the assassin sent a message back with one survivor. The orc had no arms, eyes, ears, or genitals left. With the last of his strength, he passed on her warning. If they continued sending their people, Vess would kill them all before coming after the leaders. Knowing that she could do it, The Brothers Fallen finally left her in peace.

Theme Song (optional): Coming Soon.

Revenent

Both look good, though I think Liliana is slightly overpowered, especially saying she's single-handledly a threat to the second-most powerful gang in the entire city (that doesn't fly in my canon). I think I like Clarissa a bit more, since she's of a more unique race (we've already had a few different demons) and she's versatile.

Of course, you could just play two characters if you want to and feel you could handle it. I'd have no problem with that.

Ironwolf85

no idea where I'm taking Ayr next, though I've been out for a while, been sick and in bed... and then we get hit with sandy... woooo dialup
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

FallenFeather

Ah yes the thing about that is its just in the biography, which I'm not attached to. Can change that to just still running.

But yes I've noticed we have a lot of demons. That's why I made clarissa. Plus <3 dragons. Wanted to pick a bigger dragon but I don't think that'd fit in the city. So I'll pick Clarissa Rue :3

Revenent

Sounds good to me. :-) Go ahead and post her in the character thread.

Lithium

Name: Izzyra

Age: 2 months, 25 days (mentally and physically the equivalent of a 16 year old human)

Race: Familiar (living magical construct)

Appearance: Izzy is 5'5" tall with a slim and lithe physique. She was created from a dagger that was enchanted with demonic energy, which is why she bears some resemblance to a demoness, but she's not technically one of them. In its natural state, he skin is a light olive color, but it can fluctuate depending on her mood or status, generally in red, purple and pink hues. She has ancient glyphs of power etched all over her body which just seem like black tattoos most of the time, but they burn with a fiery light that matches her current skin color whenever Izzy gets angry or excited or uses her powers. Her light blue eyes are slitted like those of a cat and react similarly to the glyphs, glowing brightly at certain times. Clothes feel kind of like a burden to her, so she rarely wears more than a tiny leather tube top, a matching loincloth and a pair of sandals.

Sexual Preference: Bisexual

Former Gang: N/A

Gang Position: Probably soldier?

Weapon of Choice: Izzyra has an affinity for just about any edged weapon, but her favorite are a set of twin falcata swords.

She can also create and control fire, but as she's still very young, her control over her pyromancy is very limited. She's just as prone to whiffing spells as she is to overdoing it unintentionally, and Izzy's only scratched the surface of her abilities, having never had a mentor or the time to master her abilities on her own, so she still has a long way to go and a lot of potential to unlock.

Her tail can also be quite deadly as it's much stronger than any of her other muscles. It's normally extremely tough and resilient, with the tip being at least as hard as diamond, not to mention razor sharp.

Additional Skills: Izzy's main talent is that she's very, very acrobatic and flexible, capable of in, out, through and over the place like some sort of flying circus monkey. It comes in handy for fighting, but also for a bunch of other things, and most of all it's fun!

Other than that, like all Familiars, she's blessed with accelerated learning when it comes to certain things, although she still has to focus and can't learn a million different skills at once. So far, other than fighting, Izzy's gotten pretty good at cooking belly dancing, two more activities that she enjoys greatly.

Weaknesses: Because she's a Familiar, Izzyra is completely susceptible to magical slave collars which are designed and enchanted specifically to control members of her race. If one happens to get locked around her neck, there won't be any way for her to fight or resist against it.

Also, if Izzyra is feeling aroused, her tail swells with blood like a sexual organ (although it doesn't visibly get larger) and softens, the edges of the tip becoming dull. In this state, her tail is extremely vulnerable and as sensitive to pleasure or pain as her clitoris would be. It's very fun in bed, but could be used against her in combat if an opponent deliberately attempts to seduce or arouse her and manages to succeed.

Personality: Easily excitable, outgoing and bubbly, but above all else, Izzyra is a slave to her own impulses and desires. She's never had the chance to learn moderation or self-control or restraint, so she'll pretty much try to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Good and evil, right and wrong are only the vaguest of concepts to her, she mostly just functions based off of what she likes or doesn't like. She's also nearly hopelessly naive and easy to fool, at least until she starts knowing better.

Bio: During a bloody battle against one of the city's minor gangs, the Warlock, Ayalluz of the Brothers Fallen, was stabbed in the heart by a demoniacally enchanted dagger. In a desperate attempt to save himself, he transmuted the dagger which had tasted of his own blood into a Familiar to protect him, infusing her with some of his own power in the process. When she came into existence, however, Izzyra was wild and confused, and worst of all she'd already gotten a taste of power. Like a shark driven into a frenzy by a few drops of blood in the water, she pounced on Ayalluz - who was left too weakened to control her - instead of his enemies, devouring his heart and brain and all of the magic held within.

Since then she's just been living in Middle City's underground, slowly learning about the world while getting into all sorts of trouble.

Theme Song: Venomous Vixens

Revenent

Izzyra - Approved

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this week is a bit crazy. Go ahead and put her in the character thread, then feel free to post in the OOC or IC topics.

Ariel

Will you accept one more female Angel for Hell?

And I'm sorry but I haven't had the chance to check - have you started yet? Like, is it really far along? I do hate having to catch up. :/
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving