RedEve's idea trove

Started by RedEve, March 18, 2018, 06:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

It's been a while since I had a dedicated thread to keep my ideas, so here goes:

TLDR: Romance (of the unlikely kind) in Cold War Era Soviet Union
Setting: Late 1950s or early 1960s Russia (the Soviet Union)
Characters: A female KGB Captain (circa 25 years old) and a Red Army Major (50-something years old)
Short story outline: My character went through some variation of the Red Sparrow program, but was never activated. The reason for this is that during her training, she starts a relationship with one of her trainers/teachers. The man in question is fairly powerful, also due to his family ties (his wife is the daughter of a member of the Politburo). My character is dragged along for years, listening to his promises of leaving his wife for her. When she finally confronts him and gives him an ultimatum, he responds by having her transferred out of Moscow and giving her a posting in the middle of nowhere, where she is supposedly leading her own KGB station. But the station is merely a wooden hut with some communication equipment and her command consists of two third rate NCOs. The only other significant Red Army operation in the area is a Soviet prison which still has WWII German POWs and which falls under the authority of a Red Army Major. The story would focus on the KGB Captain and the Red Army Major befriending each other and eventually becoming lovers.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list