The Third Slayer (Buffy/Angel-verse; OCs Only; Unisystem; Still Recruiting!)

Started by Deathnote, December 10, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

I've had trouble sorting through all the back posts.  Is there any way I can do Spring Heel as a Champion? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Deathnote

Quote from: Muse on December 20, 2013, 01:42:56 AM
  I've had trouble sorting through all the back posts.  Is there any way I can do Spring Heel as a Champion? 
I'd like for there to be at least four Investigators/White Hats before accepting a third Champion.  Right now, we have two players who are confirmed to be playing as Investigators/White Hats.  Right now, I'm talking to a potential third Investigator via PM.  If Callie Del Noire plays an Investigator/White Hat as well (note sure if he's still interested), then you may play a Champion.

If we get enough people, I'm going to consider running two modules at the same time, which I'll customize so that they intertwine somehow.

Emmykins

I am nearly done with my sheet. I have been fighting with backstory a few days, and should have it posted tomorrow.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Muse

Above Jack Wellington’s desk is a custom plaque with a quote from the Anglican book of common prayer, 1870s. 

From goulies and ghosties and long legged beasties and things that go bump in the night, dear lord deliver us. 

His desk is an antiquate hardwood piece from the time of Victoria.  The computer is year old alien ware.  Both top of the line antiques.   

Jack is a heavy smoker, but favors expensive pipe tobacco and Native American cigarettes.  If his partners let him, he will smoke the pipe inside. 

Despite his old world flare, he appreciates American muscle in his automobiles and drives a well maintained late 80s Mustang and enjoys a friendly flirtation with his mechanic Carli Jade. 

Professionally, Jack carries a sword cane and an appropriate sidearm with a concealed carry permit.  He does keep a clip of silver bullets handy, and another of hollow points. 

Jack has a middle class home in a gentrified district of downtown.  Last year, he adopted a 16 year old runaway prostitute named Kendra.   He has given a key to his fellow investigators, with a standing invitation to mooch within proper mooching etiquette, or seek shelter behind the iron bars and blend of Anglican and hexagramic wards. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Orange Marmalade

Just poking my head in  here :) Been talking to Deathnote and I think I'm gonna join you folks! Goooo Buffyverse!

Sessha

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Orange Marmalade

Hey kc! I do indeed! Looking at a half-demon that's a bit brawny and bookish but socially awkward. Getting him all finalized now :)

Muse

So, I was able to make Jack pretty easily as a champion.  I hope I can scale him back to detective should that prove to be necessary. 

I'm hoping this is still on, just slowed down for the holidays. 

Orange Marmalade

Deathnote

Just waiting for everyone to finish up their characters sheets, then post them in the character sheet thread.

Orange Marmalade

Oh! Well! People should finish then :D I sent you an update I think, is everything up to snuff?

Deathnote

Just added a small bit about Croixville into the original post:

QuoteCroixville is a fictional town of unrealistic size and geography and contains many elements of a large city, so... pretty much like any other fictional small town from a TV Show.  Founded in the late 19th century, this unincorporated town has a population of approximately 150,000, several high schools including Croixville High, a College Campus (Penemue College), a Wolfram & Hart branch office building, and an elected sheriff.  It is located within the fictional Chartrain County and is within driving distance of Chartrain City, a major metropolitan area.

Feel free to add any additional details you can come up with about this town in your character's back story.

Deathnote

Whelp, our slayer has withdrawn from the game.  No problem.  We can still proceed as planned.  ^_^

Hmm... maybe I should rename the game to "Croixville, Chartrain County" or something.  >_>

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Sessha

I know it's taken me longer than I should have, but with RL the way it's been the last few weeks what with the holidays it's been a bit rough to create something, but here is a bare bones for you guys to look at. Btw I added a Quality on the character sheet that can be taken by the other players if they so wish. DN and I discussed it and it's a perfectly balanced package to take. It's called the Marital Artist package.  It provides +1 Dex and +1 Con, +2 to Getting Medieval and +1 to Kung Fu with a level 1 honorable drawback which makes it a 4 point Quality.  It's different from the demon hunter package in that it's more skill focus oriented and it applies specific stat bumps rather than a random number of three and the point costs equal out to the same expenditure.

Now without further ado my character for everyone to look over.

Name: Kira Hakase

Strength:         7
Dexterity:        7
Constitution: 7
Intelligence:   2
Perception:    3
Willpower:      4

LIfe Points: 75

Qualities

Totem Warrior(Wolf totem) -12
Hard to Kill Lvl 3(Wolf Totem)
Acute Senses:Smell(Wolf Totem)
Fast Reaction Time(Wolf Totem)
Hard to Kill Lvl 3(Wolf Totem)
Nanjin Adept  -8
Martial Artist -4
Situational Awareness -2
Nerves of Steel -3
Supernatual Senses(Basic) -1

Drawbacks

Adversary: Windegos(from totem warrior package)
Honorable (From martial artist package)
Minority(japanese) +1
Addiction(smoking) +1
Psyichic Visions(dehbilating) +3
Adversary(Evil Clan of Chinese Fox Demons) +3
Covetous(Lechery) +1
Recurring Nightmares +1

Skills

Acorbatics +5
Art +2
Computers
Crime +3
Doctor +2
Driving
Getting Medievel 5+2
Gun Fu +5
Influence
Knowledge
Kung Fu  5+2
Languages 1(english)
Mr. Fix-It
Notice +5
Occultism +2
Science
Sports
Wild Car

Initiative: 7+5=13+D10

Perception: Base: 3+5=8 With Situation Awareness 3+5+2=10, With Acute senses 3+5+3=11, With all bonuses 3+5+2+3=13
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Deathnote

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Deathnote

I'm not entirely sure what that is... but if it fits the setting, I'll be willing to take a look at it.

For now, just pick out whatever qualities you plan on using and run them by me first.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Deathnote on January 13, 2014, 11:23:19 PM
I'm not entirely sure what that is... but if it fits the setting, I'll be willing to take a look at it.

For now, just pick out whatever qualities you plan on using and run them by me first.

*Nods* It's Ghosts of Albion, another unisystem game. It's based on a book series that was written by the chick who played Tara.

|

Deathnote

I'm going to have to track down a copy myself, but just from googling it, it looks like there's been nothing but positive responses to that book and it sounds like it's perfectly compatible with the Angel and Buffy books.

Go ahead and use it for now.  Just be sure to let me know what each Quality does.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Deathnote on January 13, 2014, 11:42:50 PM
I'm going to have to track down a copy myself, but just from googling it, it looks like there's been nothing but positive responses to that book and it sounds like it's perfectly compatible with the Angel and Buffy books.

Go ahead and use it for now.  Just be sure to let me know what each Quality does.

Noted. In my opinion, it's my favorite unisystem book. It adds a couple different aspects to the Buffyverse that I always felt it was lacking (Fae, Ghosts, and more in depth sorcery.) I bought the PDF, and I can tell you if was probably the best gaming book purchase I've made in the past 5 years. We use it constantly in my group for our games (Mostly BuffyAngel-verse stuff) and have since the book was released.

Did I see you capped Champions and Experienced Champions somewhere? Just so I know what points I'll need to go off of.

|

Deathnote

Eh heh... sorry, but we already have three champions.  I won't be accepting any more Champion types until more Investigators / White Hats join.

Investigators / White Hats are, however, allowed to exchange up to 5 drama points for 2 XP per drama point exchanged (so up to 10 XP).  Hopefully, this will make the cast a bit more balanced.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Deathnote on January 14, 2014, 12:56:08 AM
Eh heh... sorry, but we already have three champions.  I won't be accepting any more Champion types until more Investigators / White Hats join.

Investigators / White Hats are, however, allowed to exchange up to 5 drama points for 2 XP per drama point exchanged (so up to 10 XP).  Hopefully, this will make the cast a bit more balanced.

*Nods* That's what I thought....I'll have to look through my bin of characters and see if I have any that are still "Investigator/White Hat" level.

The extra xp is nice though...that'll most likely help you balance things out.

Out of curiosity...since I typically play sandbox style games....How do dice games work on E?

|