The Third Slayer (Buffy/Angel-verse; OCs Only; Unisystem; Still Recruiting!)

Started by Deathnote, December 10, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

The three types aren't meant to be equal, and I am okay with that.  Buffy was stronger than the rest (except maybe for Spike).  While some characters like Willow and Giles had skills or knowledge that made them useful, they were never as important, and I think it is important to keep that distinction.  You saw the partial sheet I threw up was as a White Hat, which I am completely comfortable playing as long as Champion/Hero types are in the minority and there are no Veteran/Experienced Hero types.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Deathnote

Ooh yeah, don't worry.  I won't be allowing any Veteran/Experienced Hero types into the game for a very long time if at all.

I guess I could try and limit Champion/Hero types as much as possible.  Maybe maintain a ratio of some kind.

kckolbe

While discussing ratios, are either of you planning on female characters? 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sessha

I haven't decided yet if I want to play a female character. But I'll point out that drama points are not useless, in fact they are the most useful things in the game. You can spend a drama point before a roll and add a +10 bonus to that specific roll. Drama points can also be used to mitigate damage and there are several other things they can be used for.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Deathnote

I plan on creating female NPCs.  One of them may join you just to expand the cast a bit.

Btw, would either of you be adverse to playing a module for the prequel game?

kckolbe

I'm okay with modules, especially since I haven't played any for this game.

Intro Thread

Sessha

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Sessha

Yeah I had one for mystic swordsman styled character. I would be using the nanjin adept quality from Angel and the totem warrior package from the Buffy system.

Batman4560

Hey guys I just wanted to pop in and say that I have been reading this interest thread sense it started and I really hope things go well for you all.

Deathnote

Thanks, Batman4560!  ^_^

Anyways, once I've both of your character sheets, I'll start up an OOC thread, a prequel IC thread, and a Character Sheet thread.

In other news, I just found the FREE AND LEGAL Introductory Demo Kit for the Buffy RPG, which can be found at edenstudios.net/support.html

kckolbe

I am talking to someone who might be interested in playing a magic-based Slayer just to change things up a bit.

Intro Thread

Batman4560

Im interested but I don't want to cram it with guys if you guys are looking for a ratio.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Deathnote

When I was talking about maintaining a ratio, I meant a ratio between White Hats / Investigators and Heroes / Champions.  For a group of four, it'd probably be a 1:1 ratio.  For a group of 6 and above, a ratio of around 2:1 in favour of White Hats / Investigators should be fine.  At least, that's what I'll be aiming for.

Anyways, yes.  Whoever is playing the Slayer may use the Hero and Champion character types.  I'd prefer knowing who's going to be playing the Slayer, but permission is pretty much guaranteed.  :p

kckolbe

Well, you have one White Hat here, and I imagine you will be playing one as "vamp bait."  Emmykins is the one I am helping with char creation, and I poked her to post here a minute ago.

Intro Thread

Emmykins

Batman4560

Deathnote

Hello, Emmykins!  I take it you'll be playing as our titular Third Slayer?  ^_^

Also, yes.  A watcher would be great to have!  :p

Emmykins

Batman4560

O.K. I work and have table top gaming all day tomorrow but mark me down for a Watcher. Ill try to get a sheet up soon.

kckolbe

So, here is an extremely incomplete sheet for Emmy's char just to get discussion going.  The idea is that she was raised to be a Slayer, was bery much the studying type, loves magic and only uses combat as a fallback.

Attributes (20)
- Attributes purchased on a one-to-one basis, after Attribute Score 5 it becomes three-to-one cost basis
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 7
Constitution: 6
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 3
Willpower: 7

Qualities (20, 3 points over)
- Slayer (16)
- Sorcery, one level (5)
- Slayer in Training (2)
Drawbacks (up to 10)
- Adversary, five levels (0)
- Obligation, Slayer duties, three levels (0)

Skills (30, 6 remaining)
- Skills purchased on a one-to-one basis, after Skill of 5 it becomes three-to-one cost basis
Acrobatics 5 (1 from SiT)
Art 0
Computers 1
Crime 1
Doctor 0
Driving 1
Getting Medieval 3 (1 from Slayer)
Gun Fu 0
Influence 0
Knowledge 4
Kung Fu 2 (1 from Slayer)
Languages 1
Mr. Fix-It 0
Notice 2
Occultism 5 (1 from SiT)
Science 1
Sports 2
Wild Card 0

Intro Thread

Batman4560

Lolz I have no idea what any of that means....However I wouldn't mind making my character her Watcher for story purposes.

Deathnote

Okay, the character sheet for Emmy's char looks good so far.  I had to double-check the Slayer Quality to notice the +2 bonus to Willpower.  Didn't realize they get that too.  :p

Btw, if Emmy's char has been raised to be a slayer, then the Slayer-in-Training Quality might be worth considering:
Slayer-in-Training (4)
- Enhanced Attributes [+1 to any two separate physical attribute (so Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution)]
- Enhanced Skills [+1 to Acrobatics, Kung Fu, Getting Medieval, and Occultism]
- Obligation (Important - Watcher's Council) Drawback level 1
- Adversary (Various) Drawback level 1

Slayer-in-Training and Slayer can be taken together (you get Kendra), but the skill bonuses don't stack.  Total cost of both Qualities together becomes 18 points.

@Batman4560 - You'll be wanting the Watcher Quality, then.  It costs 5 points (You start out with 10 points for Qualities) and the bonuses are listed below:
Watcher (5)
- Enhanced Attribute [+1 to any physical attribute (so Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution)]
- Enhanced Skills [+2 to Getting Medieval]
- Memorized Occult Lore [+2 to any roll related to learning more about a supernatural creature]

I would also suggest that you take some level of the Obligation Drawback, just to reflect your character's obligations to the Watcher's council (not really required, though).

kckolbe

So, would it just be +1 Acrobatics and Occultism?  Everything else seems covered.

Intro Thread