The Third Slayer (Buffy/Angel-verse; OCs Only; Unisystem; Still Recruiting!)

Started by Deathnote, December 10, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sessha

The easiest way on E to use dice is to use the Dicebot tab. It records your rolls so others can check them and you post the resualts of the roll in the thread it's called for. Though if we are gonna be opening up things from GoA I wouldn't be adverse to seeing if it was possible to use Witchcraft stuff in Buffy. All the conversion stuff was done in the Magic Box book from Eden studios. Though the eaisest way around that one is for certain powers and abilities which require the expenditure of essence in Witchcraft treat it as if it were a willpower doubled roll in Buffy/Angel. The biggest hurtle to get over with GoA and Buffy is that of the magic system. Some spells are more powerful in GoA than in Buffy and vice versa. Thankfully the GoA book offers a conversion table on that one.

Another huge difference from Buffy to GoA is that in GoA the max stat cap for humans has been raised to 9. Something to look at DN. Just thought I'd give all the information I could.  :-)
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Sessha on January 14, 2014, 07:57:50 AM
The easiest way on E to use dice is to use the Dicebot tab. It records your rolls so others can check them and you post the resualts of the roll in the thread it's called for. Though if we are gonna be opening up things from GoA I wouldn't be adverse to seeing if it was possible to use Witchcraft stuff in Buffy. All the conversion stuff was done in the Magic Box book from Eden studios. Though the eaisest way around that one is for certain powers and abilities which require the expenditure of essence in Witchcraft treat it as if it were a willpower doubled roll in Buffy/Angel. The biggest hurtle to get over with GoA and Buffy is that of the magic system. Some spells are more powerful in GoA than in Buffy and vice versa. Thankfully the GoA book offers a conversion table on that one.

Another huge difference from Buffy to GoA is that in GoA the max stat cap for humans has been raised to 9. Something to look at DN. Just thought I'd give all the information I could.  :-)

Thanks.

I didn't even realized the stat cap was different. We use GoA for qualities and drawback and that is about it LOL.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

kckolbe

Valkyrie, if you want to brainstorm concepts, I'm game.  Would love another sexy female char.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: kckolbe on January 14, 2014, 08:00:18 AM
Valkyrie, if you want to brainstorm concepts, I'm game.  Would love another sexy female char.

Noted :D

|

Sessha

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on January 14, 2014, 07:59:29 AM
Thanks.

I didn't even realized the stat cap was different. We use GoA for qualities and drawback and that is about it LOL.

Yep that would be true. My biggest thing that I like is the actual definition of magic in GoA. Unlike in Buffy where it's magic and there are a small list of spells otherwise it's a free for all with pretty much anything goes mentality. Though if we do get into the GoA magic system I'm gonna see if it's possible for me to use Nature, Shamanism or Elementalism magic not sure which right now. Heck if he allows it from Witchcraft I'd go with a spirit patron who grants me boons and stuff.  :-)

Of course had we been allow stuff from Witchcraft from the outset I would have been considering doing a combination of the Keys of Solomon and the Divine Inspiration Qualities from that system. Oh the ideas!  ;D ;D ;D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Sessha on January 14, 2014, 08:30:58 AM
Yep that would be true. My biggest thing that I like is the actual definition of magic in GoA. Unlike in Buffy where it's magic and there are a small list of spells otherwise it's a free for all with pretty much anything goes mentality. Though if we do get into the GoA magic system I'm gonna see if it's possible for me to use Nature, Shamanism or Elementalism magic not sure which right now. Heck if he allows it from Witchcraft I'd go with a spirit patron who grants me boons and stuff.  :-)

Of course had we been allow stuff from Witchcraft from the outset I would have been considering doing a combination of the Keys of Solomon and the Divine Inspiration Qualities from that system. Oh the ideas!  ;D ;D ;D

*nods* we use all the Eden books for our game....I've converted stuff over rather nicely, but GoA is still my fave.

|

Sessha

I've begun using almost all the Eden Studios settings in my game. The only one I haven't bothered with including simply because GoA does it better is All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

Of course I had an idea that used the same concepts I mentioned earlier with making a Templar Knight who uses the Keys of Solomon and Divine Inspiration and then when I've accumulated enough points for it the character would die but end up coming back as a Kurophim I believe it was. It's a heck of an XP sink but the rewards are kinda cool.

kckolbe

Sessha, would you mind adding a description for your char since there is no attached image?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread