Medieval fantasy RP, anyone?

Started by Dudan, September 07, 2012, 11:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudan

So, I'm really up for roleplaying something set in a medieval-fantasy world, and seeing as I'm waiting to be approved, I thought I might as well ask anyone here if they're up for it  XD

In terms of the plot I don't have many ideas so far; I prefer to work out a full plot that suits both people involved in the roleplay. The only parts of the plot that I have ideas on are basic things. Basically, I thought it'd be cool if my character (or yours, we can switch the characters around) is some sort of warlock or wizard (whichever you want to call it) while yours is a noble or other high-ranking member in the Empire that this RP takes place in.

I thought that it could take place in a period where magic had been outlawed ten years ago due to the fall of the old empire; the new monarchy installed a new religion that forbade magic and all who practiced it. And while the magic users were strong with their powers, they were fewer in number than normal soldiers and many were caught an executed.

That's all I have in terms of ideas, except for maybe my character gets captured and sentenced to death, and comes into contact with yours somehow (in the prison or on the way.) And we can take it from there.

I'm looking for someone semi-literate to literate, and male or female's fine. Anyone?

The Ilos Effect

This actually sounds like it could be a neat idea, if you're still up for it I'd be more than happy to join you! I'm on a fantasy kick right now so whoo! I can play a female warrior employed to the empire. You character could get captured and she's charged with guarding him until he is set to be executed, but for mysterious reasons she helps him escape, despite the fact she seems to have an obvious disdain for magic-wielders.

Thoughts?

Dudan

I love that idea! It's a lot better than your character being someone unable to fight. We'll have to come up with reasons that she helps him escape, but I suppose that could be explored through the roleplay itself?

The Ilos Effect

Yeah, I actually rather dislike playing characters that can't fight for themselves. And I actually have a reason for her to help him escape, which will in fact come out in the roleplay! And I'm glad that you liked my idea! xD

TheForsakenRogue

I wouldn't mind getting involved too, I could be an outside contact for the imprisoned wizard. Someone that he/she can run to if they are ever in a bind. Ideally after the prison break you could have them run off to a tavern or somewhere like that where they can lay low.

The Ilos Effect

Oh! That'd be great! It'd definitely would add more to the story to have a third player, imo. I'm totally up for it, of course if Dudan is still up for rping this story. :D

TheForsakenRogue

Well, if he isn't up for it we can always start up a session! I'm up for doing something tonight or tommorrow

samlebam

If you can't decide between two things, toss a coin. Not because it will decide for you, but in that brief moment its flipping in the air, you will realize what you really wish for.

The Ilos Effect

:D

Hopefully we will hear back from Dudan as this was his idea, but if we can get something going that would be awesome! Perhaps tomorrow?

samlebam

Yeah hopefully, that would be great!
If you can't decide between two things, toss a coin. Not because it will decide for you, but in that brief moment its flipping in the air, you will realize what you really wish for.

TheForsakenRogue

I have college at 5:30 EST, and it ends 8:00pm EST. Around 8:30 did you guys want to start a thread?

samlebam

I dunno how long I could be on tonight to be honest or any night this week really, If we start ill try to respond as timely as possible!

seeria

Im so up for this style and idea. I would like to play maybe a priestess who discovers she has powers and passions outlawed and punishable by torture and death. Or maybe a warrior rebel of the woods, or any other idea shot at me. create me, and ill play the role.
Lady Seeria

Armand

Quote from: Dudan on September 07, 2012, 11:04:52 AM
So, I'm really up for roleplaying something set in a medieval-fantasy world, and seeing as I'm waiting to be approved, I thought I might as well ask anyone here if they're up for it  XD

In terms of the plot I don't have many ideas so far; I prefer to work out a full plot that suits both people involved in the roleplay. The only parts of the plot that I have ideas on are basic things. Basically, I thought it'd be cool if my character (or yours, we can switch the characters around) is some sort of warlock or wizard (whichever you want to call it) while yours is a noble or other high-ranking member in the Empire that this RP takes place in.

I thought that it could take place in a period where magic had been outlawed ten years ago due to the fall of the old empire; the new monarchy installed a new religion that forbade magic and all who practiced it. And while the magic users were strong with their powers, they were fewer in number than normal soldiers and many were caught an executed.

That's all I have in terms of ideas, except for maybe my character gets captured and sentenced to death, and comes into contact with yours somehow (in the prison or on the way.) And we can take it from there.

I'm looking for someone semi-literate to literate, and male or female's fine. Anyone?

Been playing Skyrim? lol
I'm interested though.