Beyonce named her baby what?

Started by rachelongaku, January 08, 2012, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Belle33

Le - a
Quote from: Lilias on January 09, 2012, 12:41:53 PM
If this is even peripherally accurate, it's not a matter of fame.

*just stares at Le-a*

I guess Colin Powell's parents are just kicking themselves for missing the boat with :

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

despickable

David Beckham and Posh named their child Brooklyn not so weird but they named it after where the child was conceived. If we all went by that logic there would be a ton of kids called Trailer Park.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

I believe there is one called Number 16 Bus Shelter, for just that reason :)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10523288

Poor kids.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Lilias

Quote from: despickable on January 14, 2012, 06:14:14 AM
If we all went by that logic there would be a ton of kids called Trailer Park.

How do you think all those Florences and Savannahs came to be? (And I bet most Parises' parents knew nothing about the Trojan war...)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

elone

Ima Hogg

Actually a wealthy Texas philanthropist
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Damnedangel

I know Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson named their kid Bronx Mowgli Wentz. But I'm in agreement fame makes people name their kids weird names :)
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

Oniya

Word is that Ima's father didn't realize the unfortunate juxtaposition of her first and surnames.   Her grandfather attempted to intervene, but by the time he got there, the christening had already taken place.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

animus

Quote from: elone on January 14, 2012, 09:04:50 AM
Ima Hogg

Actually a wealthy Texas philanthropist

That is awesome...isn't there someone named Seven?

CmdrRenegade

School yard death sentence for the ones who aren't wealthy...definitely.  But somehow I doubt many of the celebrity kids are going to public schools. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Secretwriter

Quote from: Damnedangel on January 14, 2012, 10:31:07 AM
I know Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson named their kid Bronx Mowgli Wentz. But I'm in agreement fame makes people name their kids weird names :)

BMW.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Oniya

Hey, until I got married, my initials were emu.  Mind you, this made crossword puzzles seem that much more special.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Ramster

Better in my opinion to be a Mowgli than a Blaine or Brent. George Carlin agreed:

George Carlin - Goofy Boy Names (HQ)
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Shjade

I'm not sure Carlin would've endorsed "Mowgli" as a boy's name that could beat up Eddie and Tony in that particular rant.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ramster

True. Despite the name's Jungle Book pedigree, I think Mowgli would be well advised to be an impartial onlooker in the Todd, Tyler & Tucker vs. Eddie, Tony & Vinnie brawl at best. However, in my view Carlin manages to put his finger on a number of the douchiest surname-inspired male given names in the English-speaking world. When I'm introduced to a (hypothetical) Mowgli, I think 'Hippy and/or celebrity parents, but mostly harmless'. When I meet a Blair, Blake, Blaine or Tucker, I think 'Someone fetch this pussy a decaf frappuccino. Let's asphyxiate him by smoking at ten paces downwind from him!'

Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Frank Reshman

I don't really care what people name their children if their famous.  Odds are, their children won't need to worry about being picked on on a playground.  However, I remember someone once named their child Marijuana Pepsi...after their two favorite things.... Kids just called her Mary Jane xD

Oniya

Quote from: Ramster on February 03, 2012, 01:48:34 PM
True. Despite the name's Jungle Book pedigree, I think Mowgli would be well advised to be an impartial onlooker in the Todd, Tyler & Tucker vs. Eddie, Tony & Vinnie brawl at best. However, in my view Carlin manages to put his finger on a number of the douchiest surname-inspired male given names in the English-speaking world. When I'm introduced to a (hypothetical) Mowgli, I think 'Hippy and/or celebrity parents, but mostly harmless'. When I meet a Blair, Blake, Blaine or Tucker, I think 'Someone fetch this pussy a decaf frappuccino. Let's asphyxiate him by smoking at ten paces downwind from him!'

Really?  What if Blake challenges you to a game of hoops?  ;D
Griffin's INSANE dunk of the year!

gaggedLouise

I read an interview in a paper here the other day with a couple who had named their kids Tristan and Smultron ("wild strawberry" - that's a girl, you guessed it). Tristan has some usage in England, it sounds noble; in Swedish its an almost non-existent name and will make most people think of the adjective trist (worrisome, bleak, depressive).  ??? And names taken from berries, veggies and fruit are a complete no-go: they just sound like a bad idea. Worse still, those names were given as the main names, not a second or third one that stays out of everyday use. Somebody's likely to make applications for a name change when they come of age.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"