Transgender Remembrance Day - 20th Nov.

Started by Suiko, November 19, 2011, 12:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suiko

Tomorrow, Sunday, Novemeber 20th is Transgender Remembrance Day; where we think of the people who struggle everyday, born into a body that isn't their own. The day is acknowledged by Catholic's For Equality as a day of remembrance and in America several services are being held.

I myself have a number of friends both on his very forum and in real life what identify as a different gender to their body and I plan on lighting a candle tomorrow in my local church.
I just wanted to let people know about the day, since I had no idea it existed until just this moment and I found it wonderful that there is a time to remember those who have struggled (and still struggle) so much.

Everyone should be who they are, not what people make them be. *Nods* So... Yes. Tomorrow is the day.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Nico

Thank you very much for posting this. :-)

I as well know some people like this, and many of them still struggle.

We are all people, and we all deserve respect, acceptance and we all deserve to be loved.

Suiko

*Nods firmly* Definitely. Also I saw a horrible figure that 50% of transgender people commit suicide. That's just too much and awful. I don't understand how some people can be so intolerant of it... Pisses me right off.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Beguile's Mistress

To lose one person is too much.  We're all like pieces of a puzzle and when one is missing the picture is incomplete.  Pray and remember until the day when the difference doesn't make a difference.

Saerrael

Thank you, Eros, for posting it. And... I'm actually surprised the suicide rate is only 50%...

Suiko

I suppose. But the fact that it maybe isn't surprising is a really bad sign in itself. It shouldn't happen. *Nods firmly*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Saerrael

Well, it's not something I strike up conversation about in the open in a casual manner >.>'

Anyway. Thanks for the post, love.

Suiko

I don't know how many people will see/acknowledge this, but... I felt like I should post it.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Observing Trifles

I didn't realize that there was a day for this.

Very nice post, Eros.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

PaleEnchantress

Thank you Eros for bringing this up and to our attention. I know that being transgendered is a daily struggle but it's a lot easier with a supportive group of friends. Like suicide related to about anything it stems from a total feeling of hopelessness. Sadly i've run into people who will happily encourage tg people to commit suicide, the world is full of some real callous fools.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Samael

Quote from: Angel Eros on November 19, 2011, 01:50:11 PM
*Nods firmly* Definitely. Also I saw a horrible figure that 50% of transgender people commit suicide. That's just too much and awful. I don't understand how some people can be so intolerant of it... Pisses me right off.

Jesus, I was aware of there being a lot of suicides, but 50% is a horrifically high number.
Something really needs to be done.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Suiko

I had no idea there was a day until a friend told me today. More people need to know about it.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Jacqueline

Even a little 1% rate is unacceptable in any society... but a 50% is something that I was not aware of at all! Thanks for sharing it Angel Eros!