The Devil's Island Tournament

Started by Urbanzorro, June 15, 2010, 09:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

Universal Exports....publicly it is a small company specializing in the transportation and sale of antiques, but out of the public eye, in the shadows Universal Exports is one of the world's leaders in human trafficking. Specializing in selling high quality slaves to rich and powerful buyers. Several letters have recently gone out to Universal Export's most lucrative customers all around the world......

Universal Exports Invites You To The Slave Arena

Greetings,

You are one of Universal Exports' most valued customers. Your continued support of us through your personal purchases has allowed Universal Exports to continue specializing in small sales of extremely high quality merchandise. In consideration of this to this we at here Universal Exports are very pleased to invite you to Devil's Island to participate in The Devil's Island Tournament, which is Universal Exports' most exclusive auction event of the year.

Throughout the year we here at Universal Exports comb through our incoming shipments and set aside our most prized acquisitions for shipment to Devil's Island, each of these men and women have met or exceeded our highest standards of physical beauty, intelligence, and entertainment value. These captives will be fighting and ravaging one another for your entertainment and for their freedom, those who succeed will progress through the tournament, those who do not will be auctioned off to our guests, the knowledge that failure will bring slavery has always proven to ensure that the competition between our captives is heated and fierce. 

If you would like to attend the Tournament please speak with your usual Universal Exports contacts.

Sincerely
                Paul Underwood
                      Universal Exports CEO

OOC

Ok so this is my idea for a role play which will ideally be a mixture of a gladiator style tournament (minus the weapons) and a high level slave auction, I've got high hopes for this and I'm planning on giving it a pretty good plot that can attract players from all ends of the spectrum as well as a few elements that as far as I know aren't seen to often on E.

How will each fight's winner be decided?

Ideally this game will be 100% free form, ideally the two players involved will be able to agree on a winner OOC, if not then the decision will fall to me and I will find some fair way to decide on the winner of the match.

Why do they want to win?
The primary reason why most characters will want to win is because the only way to go free is to be the champion of the tournament, and each victory brings them one step closer to that goal where as each loss brings them a step closer to elimination from the tournament and sale as a slave. 

How will this game work/How will the Tournament Work/How will the plot line progress?

I will be creating 4 threads these will be the OOC thread, the Main Room where the actual tournament fights as well as the auction and other such things will take place, the Private Rooms thread which will represent each bidders room and the things that would be going on behind closed doors after the tournaments events for the 'day' are done, and the Slave Quarters which is where any of the captives who are not being used after the "day's" events.

The plot will progress in chapters, each chapter will not have a specific length so some may be small and quick, where as others my be large and long lasting.  For instance the first chapter will be the arrival stage and consist of the bidders arriving and being welcomed to the Island and the captives being displayed for the first time, and the tournament schedule being decided. Where as the second chapter will simply consist of the events of the night before the first day of the competition, the third will be the morning, and the beginning of the first round of fights, and so on and so forth.  This will allow us to have a steady time line and not be stuck wondering what is happening or if one person is at one point in time while another is at a different one.

The tournament will be a simple single elimination with the losers of each round being put up for auction.

What Happens If/When I Lose?

Well the story doesn't end for you, your character is placed on the auction block where they will bought by one of the bidders and then they are said bidder's slave.

What Features/Themes Will this Story Have/Explore?

Themes

Forced Sexual Slavery
Forced Combat
Competition Between the Rich and Powerful
Exhibitionism
Voyeurism
Desperation
Loss of Innocence
NC Sex

Features

Free Form Player Character vs, Player Character combat
Equal time for group and one on one character interaction
An actual working auction

How Will The Auction Work?

Each bidder will be given 10 cards with which to bid, these cards will represent a certain amount of money (most likely a VERY large amount IC), you can use all 10 cards on one character, or try and grab more than one by conserving. Bidders will not be given any more cards(though they can trade with one another for whatever reason)

Who's Invited? How many people do you need?

Everyone! there will be positions for both submissive and dominant  characters of both sexes!

With my current plan I'm looking for at least 2 with a max of 5 bidders,  and between 1-8 captives. I have no problems with males playing females, females playing males, or anything in between though I do ask that you be able to do so convincingly if you choose to play a gender that is not your own.

What are you looking for from the players? What are the rules?

I'm looking for players who are literate, and able to post regularly.

As far as rules goes I'm expecting everyone to be kind a courteous OOC, as well as for there to be no God modding without prior permission.

What are the open slots?

Universal Exports CEO:UrbanZorro
Devil's Island Manager: Nile Goddess
Bidder #1:Question Mark
Bidder #2:
Bidder #3:
Bidder #4:
Bidder #5:
Captive #1:Elfguy
Captive #2:Question Mark
Captive #3: Madtheos
Captive #4:
Captive #5:
Captive #6:
Captive #7:
Captive #8:

Character Sheet?

Image:
Name:
Bio(at least a paragraph):
Player's Limits:

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Question Mark

UrbanZorro does it again!  My interest is piqued, either as a bidder or a captive.  I'll sleep on it and scrape something together tomorrow night.

What kind of gladiatorial combat are we talking, though?  Unarmed wrestling?  Nonlethal weaponry?  Contests of skill and wit, or just brutal fighting?  Will the captives be randomly or evenly matched?  Male vs Female, or gender only scraps?

elfguy

I'm also interesting, I'd play a fighter. Is this current day, or a time in the past or a different universe? Also want to know the kind of combat, unarmed would probably be best if we don't want to kill the combatants.
----

Urbanzorro

Glad to have you both interested! And the setting is modern, and it will be unarmed combat. And gender won't be a factor males can be paired off against females, or females vs females, or males vs males.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

Name: Jane

Sex: F

Bio(at least a paragraph): Jane is a pro athlete, an MMA wrestler. She has been fighting ever since she beat up younger kids in Junior High. Now, she spends a lot of time in the gym and in the wrestling ground, and has a very good score sheet. Whoever kidnapped her probably noticed her strength and thought she was a good candidate for whatever they had planned for her. They had been cheap too, and drugged her before tying her up. Chances are they didn't even dare face her one on one, as she'd have no problem beating most people's ass to the ground. The funny thing is she would have probably accepted to participate in a gladiatorial combat challenge, but now that she was taken by cheating, by a cheap drug, she's going to be really pissed off when she wakes up.

Player's Limits: Death, loss of limbs.
----

Urbanzorro

Umm just for the record the combatants are kidnap victims, she wouldn't have heard about the tournament at all.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

----

Haibane

Kind of a co-incidence that the organisers would kidnap a pro-wrestler. I imagine the sorts of people the organisers want to see fighting are the ones who have no idea how to...

How about making your character a bank clerk?

elfguy

Quote from: Haibane on June 16, 2010, 12:32:50 PM
Kind of a co-incidence that the organisers would kidnap a pro-wrestler. I imagine the sorts of people the organisers want to see fighting are the ones who have no idea how to...

How about making your character a bank clerk?

Well, I typically play physically strong girls, that's what I like. I'm just not into bank clerks, or average everyday people. I could have picked an ex-army girl, a mercenary girl, etc but it would always be a badass. If you RP with me you can see I don't make them overpowered. If it's not an appropriate character for the RP then I'll bow out, it's up to Urban to decide.
----

Urbanzorro

At this point I don't mind it but I'm not looking for everyone to come out with wrestlers/boxers ect, I don't mind having one or two people who are professional fighters but for the most part it should be people who were picked for beauty over fighting skill, they are going to be sold as sex slaves after all ;)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Question Mark

Quote from: elfguy on June 16, 2010, 01:00:55 PMWell, I typically play physically strong girls, that's what I like. I'm just not into bank clerks, or average everyday people. I could have picked an ex-army girl, a mercenary girl, etc but it would always be a badass. If you RP with me you can see I don't make them overpowered. If it's not an appropriate character for the RP then I'll bow out, it's up to Urban to decide.

Well, the interesting thing about RP is that you can be virtually anyone, although we all tend to focus on one or a couple types of characters specifically.  For instance, most of my characters can fall into one of three categories:
- Strong, independent, world-wise, and young (often female)
- Middle to old age, brooding, quiet, PTSD/Depression/etc. (usually male)
- Young, overconfident, racist/sexist/etc., naive (often male)

However, I don't let that stop me from RPing as a sociopathic military man who joined up just to kill people, or a young man who's already seen too much of life and trying to start anew, or a person who lives in constant fear of rejection or disapproval from his peers.  Half the fun of roleplaying is making yourself look at situations from a different perspective.  Always roleplaying as the same basic character can be comfortable and make your performance more convincing, but I believe it's always good to break out and try something new.

Just sayin'...  This might be your perfect chance to create a new character.  Maybe a woman who goes into this meek and weak-willed, but comes out strong and independent?  Kind of like a coming of age thing.

/rant

But, whatevs.  RP who you want.  There are plenty of "strong, badass" woman who don't know a thing about hand to hand fighting, and if Urban disapproves, just try something new and see if you like it.

Question Mark

Damnit!  There's always someone who manages to reply before I do.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

elfguy

Yup, and ripped girls are sexy (at least to me) so I don't see a problem with one or two strong, dominant characters. As I said I typically play them to their strengths, I'm not looking for a Rambo. As for trying out something else, well I'm actually pretty open in what I like. I play everything from dom to NC sub, and I'm fine with mostly everything in the O/O list including scat, forced sex, injuries, torture, etc.. up to death. What I can't do is a willing sub, or any weak character, I just don't play those well, they aren't fun.
----

Question Mark

Quote from: elfguy on June 16, 2010, 01:20:17 PMYup, and ripped girls are sexy (at least to me) so I don't see a problem with one or two strong, dominant characters. As I said I typically play them to their strengths, I'm not looking for a Rambo. As for trying out something else, well I'm actually pretty open in what I like. I play everything from dom to NC sub, and I'm fine with mostly everything in the O/O list including scat, forced sex, injuries, torture, etc.. up to death. What I can't do is a willing sub, or any weak character, I just don't play those well, they aren't fun.

Well, ya, but I wasn't really talking about sexual variety in characters.  Any character can have any sexual preference; I tend to see a lot of cardboard thin characters put up just so people have something through which to cyber.  What I'm talking about is actual characterization, not sexual O+Os.  When I say try something else, I mean try a character you've never done before.

Or something.  Whatevs.

Urbanzorro

Here is my character

Name: Alleic Falconi
Sex:Male
Bio(at least a paragraph): Alleic was born into a stable and affluent life and for the early part of his childhood that was all he knew. His mother stayed at home, taking care of the house and raising him, and his father went off to work every day to tend to the family business. It was when he was 12 years old that this began to change. His father, having decided his son was old enough to begin preparing to run the family business took him with him to work. And Alleic learned that his father wasn't the antique dealer that his mother and the rest of the town thought, but rather a black market weapons dealer who's business extended around the world.

Alleic was not disgusted by this, nor was he possessed by a desire to shy away from the business, instead he resolved to take his father's business even further when it was his turn to be in control. Throughout the next several years he learned many lessons about the business. He learned it was better to make friends than enemies, that the real money wasn't in the use of products, but the sale of them, and that if one played his cards right and greased the right palms the authorities would never even notice him.

When his father finally retired Alleic began to move the business in a different direction, the amount of focus on the gun trade was heating up, and he didn't want his organization being pecked apart by Interpol. The new market Alleic decided to break into was human trafficking, and so far business had been very good, he used all of his old contacts to develop a reputation as a seller of high quality merchandise, then used that reputation to expand and take on new customers. Buying out most of his competition Alleic has managed to obtain dominance in his field of business, his latest acquisition has been a small private organization caught his eye, said organization was run by a woman off of a private island where she hosted all of her auctions, her island would make the perfect location for the slave tournament, and with that in mind Alleic has already begun preparations to host it their. Knowing that his new 'partner' wouldn't have any objections once he explained to her just how much she had to gain from having Universal Exports as her business's parent company.
Player's Limits: None

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

And here is the character/slot list as of right now I'll update it as profiles are posted

Devil's Island Manager:
Bidder #1:
Bidder #2:
Bidder #3:
Bidder #4:
Bidder #5:
Captive #2:
Captive #3:
Captive #4:
Captive #5:
Captive #6:
Captive #7:
Captive #8:

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

NileGoddess

Name: Chantal Calliste
Sex: Female
Bio:
Chantal graduated in the school of Business and Marketing at the top of her class, then returned and earned a Master's Degree in the same subject. It wasn't hard to earn a job with her qualifications or looks, and was soon living the good life. She had everything from a New York high-rise penthouse to a Mercedes Benz. Only years later allowed her to buy her own jet. Eventually, she grew tired of the legitimate business world, and set her sights on something much looser. Since she was always known for a ravenous sex drive, she dabbled in the world of sex trading. Her cash was able to buy her out of any trouble, which she got into quite a bit. Realizing a better idea, she struck a few deals with some companies, and purchased most of the land on the exotic Devil's Island in the Carribbean. Free of any legal action, she was able to pursue the trafficking of men and women at her own pace and pleasure amidst the lush tropical settings.

As a person, both in and out of the bedroom, she is very controlling. Always on top, whether in the stock market or in the sheets, she plays by her rules, and her rules only. She only wants the best, and she only gets the best, and it shows in her new business. Whether you're looking for a girl of a specific race or breast size, or a man with a certain hair color or size balls, people know that Chantal Calliste will hand inspect it herself, and that your purchase will be worth every last dollar, pound, or euro. Her most recent venture was a plan proposed by the CEO of Universal Exports. She was initially hesitant to sell her company to him, but in the end, she realized that the money was good, as were the benefits, and thus embraced her new managerial position within the mega-corporation.
        Manager of Devil's Island

Player Limits: Please refer to O/Os for general limits.

Urbanzorro

Updated Character List

Bidder #1:
Bidder #2:
Bidder #3:
Bidder #4:
Bidder #5:
Captive #2:
Captive #3:
Captive #4:
Captive #5:
Captive #6:
Captive #7:
Captive #8:

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Question Mark

Image:

Name: Mikhail Rastol

Sex: Male

Bio: Mikhail was born in the Soviet Union just four years before its collapse.  His family fled the country in 1988, fearing what would become of their ailing government.  They settled as aliens in the United States for several years, before relocating to London and becoming UK citizens.  Overall, the move was a success to the young boy.  Mikhail attended elementary and middle school in the USA, and then seamlessly completed the second half of primary and high school in Great Britain.  He felt much more comfortable in London's culture as well.  Really, his only regret was that, in the UK, football was soccer, and rugby was "football".  Instead of continuing his amatuer career as a quarterback, Mikhail took up rugby.  He graduated with average marks, and went on to major in journalism and minor in computer sciences at a community college.  Once again, he graduated with average marks, but it was good enough for him to get a job with the BBC.  He worked mainly as a behind the scenes technician, touching up hardware in cameras and making sure reporter's microphones fed to the right server.  Stuff like that.

In late 2010, Mikhail was part of a UK news team tagging along with a platoon of UK army regulars in Afghanistan.  Specifically, he was the grip.  You know, that guy who holds up the long stick with the white puffball mic at the end?  Ya, that was Mikhail.  He was still a technician, but the BBC didn't want too many people in the Middle East, thus making those who did go work multiple jobs.  It was meant to be the groundwork for a journalistic masterpiece of a documentary, but an IED put an end to that.  With their back up cameraman seriously wounded, the news crew decided to call off their expedition.  Mikhail was seriously pissed, having seen this as his stepping stone to a prominent career in the BBC.

The day after the bombing, Mikhail disappeared.  His Russian looks made him a neon-lit target for the local underground, given the history between Afghanistan and the USSR.  He was kidnapped by a small time gang, originally to be auctioned off to a local nationalist sect for public execution.  Instead, a Universal Exploits agent spotted Mikhail at the closed auction, and saw in him a prime candidate for his company's trafficking.  He bought Mikhail for a handsome price.

And now he's here.

Player's Limits: O+Os

Image:

Name: Karl Johanson

Sex: Male

Bio: Karl started accruing his sizable fortune by gambling on professional football games.  Whether by skill or luck, he managed to become half a millionaire within a year.  Rather than blowing the money on more gambling, Karl's girlfriend Jabes made him invest it into a business she had been planning on breaking into: drug trade.  So he did.  Through contacts supplied by Jabes, he managed to secure small "test" deals with several of the main suppliers to New England: cocaine, opiates, and cannabis, specifically.  Mainly through the inherent business smarts of Jabes, Karl managed to distribute the small amount of drugs he had been given, and even make a tidy profit off it.  Impressed, his suppliers hooked him up to a steady stream of cocaine and cannabis.  Once again, the drugs flowed out and the money rolled in, due largely to Jabes.

Twelve years later, Jabes was killed in an airplane crash on her way to London, but not before setting the foundation for a more legal business: diapers, children's clothing, and baby food.  Having picked up very little on the secret of Jabes' success, Karl's drug business rapidly declined.  Instead of trying to salvage what was left of his illegal empire, he simply reallocated all of his funds into the baby market: nearly $700 million.  Business boomed in the years before the American recession, and then declined only slightly.  To help weather the global economy, Karl entered a temporary, mutually benificial partnership with Wal-Mart to better distribute his products.

Much to his surprise - and embarrassment - Karl found that his instincts served him much better in a legitimate business than in behind-the-scenes drug cartels.  His net worth is now nearly $1,200,000,000.

Player's Limits: O+O

The Clown Prince

Name: Dante Burke
Bio: Dante always had the benefit of his father's money when he was growing up in the Chicago's suburb. His education had been private from the first day of kindergarten to his graduation from Harvard. A degree in law helped to propel him far away from his father's influence and into a world of his own. The man was instrumental in turning a couple cases around for his firm which resulted in him being promoted to a junior partner. Before long, Dante was living in a plush New York apartment with a view of the bay. Then came the big day.

His firm had a case that needed someone with his intelligence. They were trying to defend a homicide suspect from going to death row. All of the evidence was clearly pointing in the direction of their client, but he swore up and down that he was being frame by the mob. Dante had done more than his fair of research into the comings and goings of the crime syndicates; he was getting so close to pinpointing where it all came from. The call came in the very next day. Someone had the evidence that could prove his client's innocence.

Dante was on the way back to his office, with the photos, when the mob caught up to him at a red light. His BMW was still running when he was bagged and tossed into the back of their van. After a quick transaction, and a plane ride, the rising lawyer found himself as a captive on Devil's Island.
O/O           Clown's Thoughts              The Clown has Escaped!
I have sworn the Oath of Drake! :o

Urbanzorro

Here's the updated list:

Bidder #1:Question Mark
Bidder #2:
Bidder #3:
Bidder #4:
Bidder #5:
Captive #2:Question Mark
Captive #3: Madtheos
Captive #4:
Captive #5:
Captive #6:
Captive #7:
Captive #8:

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.