Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Saerra: I have an idea. Maybe he and my character, Jack, are neighbors. Jack lives in an apartment complex, it's likely he knows a few of the people around the place (and they're aware of him). Plus, they both like sharp stabby things (Jack likes knives, you mentioned swords), so they have that in common.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 02, 2012, 10:05:37 PM
Saerra: I have an idea. Maybe he and my character, Jack, are neighbors. Jack lives in an apartment complex, it's likely he knows a few of the people around the place (and they're aware of him). Plus, they both like sharp stabby things (Jack likes knives, you mentioned swords), so they have that in common.

Hmmm, sounds good. Though, would it be much to ask of you if your character has the idea mine is off his rockers? Not lethally, but certainly not far away from the funny farm. I think I'll make him somewhat unstable, if it's accepted.

Gekido

hey I was just thinking with that with our gm. I was thinking he might know a kid who is a genius and graduated early from high school. Perhaps your character thinks that he could be of some real value since he has photographic memory. We were discussing him living in the same apartment complex as your char does. What do you think?

Cleo4u2

Saerra: The age cap is 22, but other than that he sounds great. Toss up a character sheet and I'll toss you some suggestions on how to join us. Also, if he's neighbors with Jack, please include Gekido on any PMs.

Also to the crazy thing: Please do not intentionally cause shit in the group. This is not directed at you, but a jerk I knew in another game who liked to do that. I still hate that guy, but I love crazy characters.

EbonyQueen: She's perfect. My only suggestion before you post is to PM Branwen or give her a shout out on the IC/OOC thread before you post. She is our current cheerleader, so your characters would likely know each other. (And I will pretend they had fun times in the shower, whether or not that's true *fans self*)

everyone: Holy crap let me post! LOL
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

TheHangedOne

I think jack will think he's got some issues, but I can only formulate his exact opinion once I've seen your character.  :-)

Gekido: Works for me.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saerrael

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 10:09:56 PM
Saerra: The age cap is 22, but other than that he sounds great. Toss up a character sheet and I'll toss you some suggestions on how to join us. Also, if he's neighbors with Jack, please include Gekido on any PMs.

Also to the crazy thing: Please do not intentionally cause shit in the group. This is not directed at you, but a jerk I knew in another game who liked to do that. I still hate that guy, but I love crazy characters.

everyone: Holy crap let me post! LOL

I'll make him 21, then *winks at her*
Writing the sheet at the moment, but thought I'd keep reading here, too, as to get some ideas.

And, no, don't worry. I GM games, myself, and won't be a bother. If I am on accident, just let me know.

*Gandalfs* You. Shall not. Post.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on November 02, 2012, 10:11:50 PM
I think jack will think he's got some issues, but I can only formulate his exact opinion once I've seen your character.  :-)

Gekido: Works for me.

Of course *smiles* Working on it, just need to decide in which way he's mental.

Gekido

Character Sheet

Username:  Gekido
Character Name: Brian Connors
Height: 5’8”
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Appearance: (model: Gerald Way)
////
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: He is a guy that knows what he likes and how he likes it. He isn’t afraid of just giving his opinion to anybody but he is certainly not a leader. He is just the type of guy that will remain in the background until he is called or directed the attention to him. He doesn’t really respect people that don’t show respect towards him. Tending to be a very difficult guy he just hangs around on his apartment doing mostly nothing. Whenever he needs to work he just searches for people with home problems and fixes them. He really doesn’t care about university since he thinks it’s boring and would never give him anything he cannot learn from books.
History:
Ever since he was born her parents knew he was different, at the young age of ten he could do things that no normal child his age could do. He was reading complicating novels and reading science books a kid his age would not even understand, the rare thing was that everything he did read stuck on his head. His parents worried a bit sent him to take a test and it came out that he was way smarter than any normal child his age, so he was considered a genius and furthermore he had photographic memory in result to that genius mind. He grew up never getting less than perfect grades in every test he took while at school, at first his teachers thought he was cheating but making him take a test without any other kids around clearly proved it, he was a genius. At the young age of sixteen he was already in senior grade level, graduating from high school at the young age of 15.

He didn't went to college thinking that it really didn't offer him anything he could not learn. He bought book after book on anything he could think of buying. However he stuck with books that he could learn to do stuff like Architecture and Craftsmanship. He began making stuff at his house, anything from wooden chairs to even more complicated His  stuff like helping part time at building houses. His father used him a lot to help with plans and to help get his job a bit of a better chance for a raise. Brian didn't mind being used like that but he knew that once he was eighteen he would move out.

At the age of eighteen he made true to his promise and moved out of his house, he was known across his new apartment as a handy man.  The old lady that owned the apartment didn't really had the heart of throwing him out if he helped around the apartment fixing stuff up. He stayed mostly inside his apartment reading from his wall high row of books and manuals. He never really gotten any interest in girls because he thought that they would not like him.

Skills/Hobbies: Architecture, Wood Craftsmanship, Medicine, a little bit of everything. (he cannot fight, he is a looser when it comes to fighting. A blind guy can hit more than he can, his true strength is on his mind and his ability to memorize almost everything he reads).
How he/she met Michael: He hasn't, he will meet him once one of the guys of his apartment goes get him.
Additional Notes: He is a Genius and has photographic memory. He is bad with girls and even worst fighting.
Starting Gear: A bag with his tools, some water and a few books to read on the way.

Cleo4u2

He's good to go Gekido! My only suggestion is to switch his graduating age to 15 or so. I will PM you when we get to the apartment complex.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Saerrael

Let me know what you think.

Character Sheet
Photo.

Username: Saerra
Character Name: Alexis Skorobogatov
Height: 6 feet round.
Hair: White (bleached. Natural dirty blond), straight and long.
Eyes: Very light blue.
Appearance:
Slim, lean and quite tall (6'). Quite flexible and dexterous. Moves with swordsman grace: balanced and fluid.
Prone to bruise when someone does hit him, he learned to 'not be there', or have plenty of steel between himself and the one intending to hit him.
Wears his sword on the left hip (right handed), and did so even before events, making him known by the authorities and kept watch upon.
Unscarred, but pierced where it doesn't show when fully dressed. Has a black star tattooed on his upper, right arm.
Dresses 'goth'-like, but holds no specific way of life connected to that scene.
Sexuality: Homosexual.
Personality: Unstable. Can be quite outspoken. Is known to talk to himself, shout at shadows and then grow increasingly quiet in times of stress.
Is mostly just charming when not triggered. Is a perfectionist and dislikes being dirty. Will train his skill with the sword just about anywhere.

History: Alexis has lived on his own for about two years, after leaving the parental unit behind after a fight where they declared him a failure in life and a disappointment to the family, and he declared them to be stuck up and dull.

Part of these last two years he tempted (various jobs) his way through life, following classes in the evening, and barely supporting himself. Which changed quite a bit when he found a, much older, gentleman who wasn't all too interested in Alexis' mental state, but all the more in his physical fitness. The older man supported him financially and Alexis was perfectly fine with this. Of course he hasn't heard from this man for a bit now and he grew worried about where on earth to get money from again.

Though his family was quite fond of any type of gun, Alexis wasn't. Most probably due to the sheer fact his family was pro-guns, he took up the sword at a very early age and never stopped training and taking lessons in it, finding it quite fun, calming and something he was good at.
He took to wearing a sword where ever he was able to do so when he was still in school. Though school did have quite a few ways to make him part with his blade, obviously.

It was probably due to him speaking to himself and the way he carried himself that bullies weren't all too interested in picking on him in school. This, later, probably also aided him obtaining work, but not so much in keeping these for more than a few months.

Skills/Hobbies: Swordplay, fencing.
How you wish to join the Journey: TBA
Additional Notes:
- Knows Jack, due to living one door down in the same apartment building and sharing a passion for sharp, pointy things.
Starting Gear:
- His sword should be there, obviously.

Gekido

Cleo4u2

Saerra: He's perfect. My suggestion on how to join is to just meet up with us when we arrive at Jack's apartment. If you'd like, I will PM you when we get there.

Saerrael

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 02, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Saerra: He's perfect. My suggestion on how to join is to just meet up with us when we arrive at Jack's apartment. If you'd like, I will PM you when we get there.

Sounds good :)

And I resent that. My characters are never perfect. That's the whole pooooint! *fakes a haughty glare*

Gekido

I think my char could be one of the only ones that can understand your chars madness Saerra :P

CurvyKitten

Character Sheet

Username
  Curvykitten
Character Name
Elena Josephine  Evens
Nick Name
From the few people she calls friends El, Pixie,
From the other students at the school: Freak, witch, tweaker, and probably countless more.
Age 19

Appearance

Height
5' 9"
Weight
125 Lbs.
Measurements
36DD-24-34
Hair
Dark brown
Eyes
Pale Blue

Sexuality
Bi
Personality
Several years ago most people would say that Elena was well adjusted and happy. She may have not have been the most popular girl in school. But it never really mattered to her. She was a social chameleon, her basic idea was if you were good to her she'd be good to you. Most always the tomboy, never backing down from a challenge. And never one to take crap from anyone, she was even known to stand up for someone that tried to give people crap.

But something changed about four years ago. No one but the school staff knows, but her mother past away. But that wasn't the whole story, whatever it was changed her. She pulled away from people, became the social outcast. Got into fights, and let her grades dropped. She is still a smart ass, and has been known to give her teachers a run for their money when it came to a battle of wits. She puts up a strong front and never admits to any pain. Stubborn to no end though sometimes that works against her. She is known for not doing her work, but oddly enough when asked to answer a question in class she can. It bugs the teachers to know end, which only makes her laugh.

The few friends she still has say she is fun loving and free spirited. She tends to be a great listener and for the most part is good at fixing and helping them out. Though they worry about her, her addictions, the bruises. But she always just shrugs it off and never really lets them know what is going on. Seems she is willing to help everyone else out, but not willing to let them get close enough to help her. Even after she started dating Jack she was still rough and tumble. But it seemed she was taking thing a bit more seriously and she didn't seem to come to school messed up anymore. It seemed a bit of the old Elena was coming out once again.

History
Elena Josephine Evens was born to Joseph Evens and Mari Evens. A young couple with hopes and dreams for their little girl. Her father took over her shop his father left to him. Her mother running the front office for him. And she grew up in a mostly happy house hold. Her father had a temper, but for the most part her mother had a handle on it. Keeping Elena from catching the brunt of it and being a balancing influence for her husband.

Elena grew up being a tomboy, the type of girl never afraid to get dirty. Which meant she was always getting into the engines with her father. Learning how things worked and how to fix or make them better. At the age of 10 she knew how to dismantle an engine block like it was second nature. Her mother showed her how to work the computers in the offices. And for some reason Elena understood them even better than her own mother did. It's kind of sad when you have to ask your own kid in to fix the computer you're supposed to be using.

Everything stayed like that till she had just turned 15, and her mother died. She hadn't even known her mother was sick. Her parents wanted to hide it from her. So when she finally got brought to the hospital just to watch her die she said good bye and broke. Yelling and screaming at everyone around her. She actually ran away for a little over a week. By the time she went back home Elena found her father already drunk. Starting to fall down the spiraling downfall he went down when he lost the love of his life.

From then on out things changed, her father became an abusive alcoholic. She started showing up to school wearing more layers or sunglasses to hide her bruises. Working at the shop to try and keep up the slack of her father. He would be passed out in his office while she worked on the cars they had in the shop. Eventually everything just got too much. Her grades slipped and she turned to drinking and drugs. The numbing it provided helped her cope with everything that was coming down on her.

She spent years falling further and further down a hole Elena never thought she would get out of. The only thing that ended up changing that was Jack Harth. The first time she met him was at the shop. He had questioned about her bruises but Elena blamed it on her work. She thought about him even then. But she didn't want to put the mess that was her life on him. And it would have stayed that way if he hadn't frequented the same bar she did. After chatting him up a few times there. He was leaving the bar one night when he overheard her struggling. Elena was fighting against an attacker that wanted to take advantage of her intoxicated state. He stepped in and got the guy away from her. To this day she couldn't really tell anyone what happened. Because before he could get back to her she passed out and collapsed to the ground. He took her to his place and took care of her till she was able to do so herself. It was the first time anyone ever confronted her about her drinking and drug use.

At first she told him off, but come to find out there was someone more stubborn then she was. And that person was Jack; he stayed around her visiting her more at the shop. And eventually getting her to face detox. It was a long hard time in her life, and without him she probably wouldn't have made it. He would see the worst of her during this time. And afterward he was in fact the only person she ever truly trusted in her life. From there he would let her stay at his place. To get away from her father, and even started showing her how to fight a bit.

After a while something changed, she couldn't really tell someone when her feelings for him grew stronger. Eventually it got too much for both of them, and they stopped holding back. She would claim he made the first move, and he'd probably say she was the one to break first. Either which way it ended with them getting together. They started officially started dating and she started spending more and more time at his place. He encouraged her to get back to school. And for the most part the only times she really avoided it was after a fight with her father. She hated to be seen with bruises or cuts. One of the worst attacks was when her father went off on her and took his belt to her back and the back of her thighs. The buckle cut into her skin and to this day leaves her scared. Though Jack somehow looks past them, and it only makes her want to be with him that much more.

Today she is still rough and tumble type of girl, more the girl to fix your engine and then drive the car better then you can. She doesn't cause as much trouble anymore. Though she still has an attitude about her, still hangs out at the biker bar and is still never one to take any crap from anyone...except her father anyway.  But she does seem to be finding a bit of a real way to her life. Who knows what that way will be once the world ends?

Skills/Hobbies
Extremely intelligent.
Elena has been tested more then once growing up. And she is actually incredibly intelligent. Specially when it comes to technology or cars. But do to her home life and drugs she is what most would say a wasted youth. Teachers having given up on her a while ago.
Gear head
If it has an engine she can fix it, or get it running no matter the condition. Add some wheels and she can drive the hell out of it.
Tech person
She had this odd understanding on how things worked. Computers mostly, probably goes back to her urge to learn how things worked. She started out being the head of her computer science class. But when her life changed she became more of a delinquent. Hacking school computers to change grades or get test scores.
Music
Music is what keeps her sane and centered. Before her mom died she was teaching Elena how to play the piano,and she became rather good at it. But once her mom died there went her teacher. She also has an amazing voice, though she doesn't really share it much anymore.
Limited knife fighting
Jack eventually took to teaching her a bit of self defense and knife fighting. He wanted to teach her how to fight against her abusive father.
How he/she met Michael
The first time she met him was when she was running late for school. Her father dropped her off, she apparently said something he didn't agree with. So he hopped out of the car and jerked her back by the arm nearly dislocating it. There was a short argument and then he let her go. Michael came up said he heard the argument, said she shouldn't let him hurt her. At first she told him off and simply ran away.

Days later she was walking through school sunglasses in place. A group of kids knocked her down, called her a freak for the way she dressed. Bucking up she to a swing at one of them. But before it got to bad a teacher broke it up. El started to just leave school but Michael stopped her. They chatted for a bit and she finished out the day. Granted she was suspended by the end of it but she at least finished out that day.
Additional Notes
She has an abusive father, works and basically runs the mechanics shop her father owns, used to be an addict so the urges still come back every once and a while, and she is and has been dating Jack Harth for nearly a year now.
Starting Gear
her duffel bag, laptop, cellphone, clothes, shoes, money, pocket knifes, small tools set, mp3 player, Biker armor given to her by Jack and her motorcycle.

CurvyKitten

There is my sheet, sorry it took a bit. My muse was being fickle and then I was working some fun stuff out with TheHangedMan. I can easily have Elena at Jack's probably after a fight with her dad. If he had gotten a hit in where people could see it she'd rather stay out of school a few days then face the questions about it. So I can have her having gone there to wait for him till he got home. Should be an interesting morning LOLZ.

And if anyone wants to work out any Back Ground ties let me know. I'm always open to more.

Branwen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM
We are looking for all characters at the moment, but getting a little heavy on girls (though they're all bi or "might be bi" so it's not a big deal).

Hey!  Not all of us!  :p

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Cleo4u2

Curvy Kitten Damn it TheHangedMan, I want her! Curvy I'm not gonna approve you until she breaks up with Jack. Okay, just kidding. She will do swimmingly and you actually get a Michael's reaction. Haven't had one of those in a bit =X I do have a question: What kind of addict was she?

Looking back on the first day they spoke, Michael seemed to be waiting for someone where she was being dropped off, despite that class had started. He also managed to be right where, if her father looked up, he would realize they had an audience. On top of that, her response to his words didn't seem to bother him any, despite their harshness.

The second time they met also seemed to be of some design as he was waiting at the school exit she was attempting to flee from. During their conversation, he made it clear he admired her skill with mechanics and not just because she was a woman.

Chreestafer Oh, I don't mind either, hence why I'm not closing off new female characters.

Branwen Such a rare creature, the straight female. Let us observe *snrk* <3

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 03, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
Curvy Kitten Damn it TheHangedMan, I want her! Curvy I'm not gonna approve you until she breaks up with Jack. Okay, just kidding. She will do swimmingly and you actually get a Michael's reaction. Haven't had one of those in a bit =X I do have a question: What kind of addict was she?

Looking back on the first day they spoke, Michael seemed to be waiting for someone where she was being dropped off, despite that class had started. He also managed to be right where, if her father looked up, he would realize they had an audience. On top of that, her response to his words didn't seem to bother him any, despite their harshness.

The second time they met also seemed to be of some design as he was waiting at the school exit she was attempting to flee from. During their conversation, he made it clear he admired her skill with mechanics and not just because she was a woman.

Woohoo I'm glad you like her. And no worries I can always make another character to play with. I'm always willing to play a few specially for the rp goodness!
other possible character models...:P

inspiration one

Appearance:

inspiration two

And noted, she probably suspected there was something weird about him. But in truth she didn't really have room to talk on weird or different. hehe They have probably talked a little bit then.

As for what kind of addict, alcoholic, pills, and something harder thinking because of the possible biker gangs maybe heroin? That is till Jack got her off of it, poor boy picked a toughy.

Cleo4u2

I'm not opening us up to double characters just yet, but if/when I do, I'll let you know. Also, I'd like to tempt her at some point with her addiction, if that's alright with you.

CurvyKitten

I'm fine with that, she will have to deal and fight her addictions for a while. It's a flaw or plot thingy feel free to use it.

Branwen

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on November 03, 2012, 09:44:07 AM
Branwen Such a rare creature, the straight female. Let us observe *snrk* <3

I know, right!  And my friend, my spotter, is a lesbian, and a hot one to boot!  It's going to be so hard staying straight. 

Eislynn

For the record, Madelyn is technically straight. It'll be up to others to convince her otherwise.

Branwen

Let's make a Straight Girl pledge, Katida desu!  :)  The loser has to buy chocolate for the entire group.

Eislynn

LOL, Branwen. That sounds like a challenge. The chocolate should be served on the loser. Or maybe the winner. I'm not sure.

I mean... I'm pretty sure staying straight in this game is the lose condition.