Corruption of Champions

Started by Lothoris, August 17, 2015, 03:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothoris

Hello to all that check out this thread.  I am interested in playing a CoC  style game as either a champion or companion in a freeform or rules light game.  I am fairly new to play by post games and my ability to write well is sub-par.  I am usually able to post at least once a day, however I am fine with a 48 limit for those of you who have less time to play. 

eternaldarkness

You know, people have been clamoring for a good CoC game for a while now. I think I'll throw together a system for it with the Window as a base and run a game, though a CO-GM would be awesome.

Lothoris

I am not familiar with the "Window" system but if it is not too hard to learn I'm sure it would work out fine. 

VonDoom

I am familiar with the Window, in love with CoC and recently returned from a hiatus! What a fortuitous coincidence! Pending more information, I'm interested!
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

eternaldarkness

Well, hot diggity doom! That's sufficient interest for me to get serious and start working on this for real. Anyone have ideas for what they want as far as setting and story focus? Lothoris, would you be opposed to they're being multiple champions from different worlds? I have a plot idea that would allow for numerous champions, and people could also play as denizens of Mareth to give the cast some life.

Lothoris

I am fine with multiple champions.  When I play the game I usually end up as a herm bee/anemone morph unless I go for a specific look, however joining the phoenix or cum witch uprising against the demons would be a cool story arc.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Lothoris on August 18, 2015, 04:25:22 PM
I am fine with multiple champions.  When I play the game I usually end up as a herm bee/anemone morph unless I go for a specific look, however joining the phoenix or cum witch uprising against the demons would be a cool story arc.

Now this is what I'm talking about. Lothoris has an idea what he wants to do, which gives me plot ideas for him to work with. I bet we'd have no trouble finding people to play Mareth natives either, so the GM (me) doesn't have to pay everyone. Soaking of which, in going to definitely look for a Co-GM (or several) to help out. I have a feeling this one will be popular.

For now, all interested parties: tell me one plot arc you personally would be interested in playing.

Ironwolf85

i recently created this character and have been looking to toss him in.
I once created a character that turned mostly Minotaur due to low level encounters with the brutes, but didn't fall to corruption, and reached a point he could defeat everything in the game.

character idea
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

VonDoom

As for me, I'm strongly in favor of a good old 'corrupted by evil and power' story, in which a formerly benevolent and by-and-large innocent character turns to evil. Lust for power, revenge and conquest, perhaps even to rule over the demons.

My latest CoC game request thread is here and contains a comprehensive list of what I like and dislike about the classic CoC.

O&O

Ironwolf85

yeah Vince was sort of a fun challenge to build, especially keeping his corruption low or nil, basically he started as a curvy femboy-type who got buffed up by minotaurs.
It was very very satisfying when he first turned the tables on them.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Lothoris

I usually started the game as the whore option as that boosted the tease option which would let you win most fights a bit faster than melee or magic fighting, unless the npc was immune to tease.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: eternaldarkness on August 18, 2015, 04:44:23 PM
Now this is what I'm talking about. Lothoris has an idea what he wants to do, which gives me plot ideas for him to work with. I bet we'd have no trouble finding people to play Mareth natives either, so the GM (me) doesn't have to pay everyone. Soaking of which, in going to definitely look for a Co-GM (or several) to help out. I have a feeling this one will be popular.

For now, all interested parties: tell me one plot arc you personally would be interested in playing.

I like CoC (albeit in a "That's somewhat silly," sort of like as opposed to the "OMG SO COOL" like that I refer for things like Apocalypse World), have read The Window but not played it and am not sure I truly grok all of its subtleties, particularly with regards to things like luck and rung-trading...The core seems remarkably straightforward, but then so did Apocalypse World when I first read it, and oh what a bag of surprises that game turned out to be!... but I can certainly write a characterful post or two and swing an NPC or several around for you.

Call it a tentative co-GM in exchange for something of an apprenticeship in "How to Run the Window" if you'd be willing?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Lothoris on August 20, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
I usually started the game as the whore option as that boosted the tease option which would let you win most fights a bit faster than melee or magic fighting, unless the npc was immune to tease.
Yeah Vince wound up being a large curvy genus-brute and a powerbottom who maintained his purity by punching corrupt things and sleeping with everything else ^,^

eternaldarkness

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on August 20, 2015, 10:01:38 PM
I like CoC (albeit in a "That's somewhat silly," sort of like as opposed to the "OMG SO COOL" like that I refer for things like Apocalypse World), have read The Window but not played it and am not sure I truly grok all of its subtleties, particularly with regards to things like luck and rung-trading...The core seems remarkably straightforward, but then so did Apocalypse World when I first read it, and oh what a bag of surprises that game turned out to be!... but I can certainly write a characterful post or two and swing an NPC or several around for you.

Call it a tentative co-GM in exchange for something of an apprenticeship in "How to Run the Window" if you'd be willing?

I'll take that deal! It's actually a pretty simple system, mostly because it doesn't get used unless you need it and is easy to quantify in narrative terms. If you're familiar with Apocalypse World, you'll grasp the basic idea behind the narrative being more important than the numbers.

VonDoom

Hmm. It's listed in the bit I linked, but since I'm seeing a couple of anthro fans ... while I'm alright with them existing, it's a strong off for me and I'd want to avoid any sexual situations involving such characters and my own. If that's too much of an exception (say, if I'm the sole person who dislikes them), it's probably best if I abstain.

Though to note, I'm alright with classic monsters. A mythological style minotaur with an actual bull's head, gnolls ... as long as they're still styled as monsters. Monster Girls, too, of course. It's mostly a face uncanny valley thing, I guess. Either very human with only some deviation (sharp canines, odd eyes...) or completely non human.

O&O

Ironwolf85

Quote from: VonDoom on August 21, 2015, 03:49:39 AM
Hmm. It's listed in the bit I linked, but since I'm seeing a couple of anthro fans ... while I'm alright with them existing, it's a strong off for me and I'd want to avoid any sexual situations involving such characters and my own. If that's too much of an exception (say, if I'm the sole person who dislikes them), it's probably best if I abstain.

Though to note, I'm alright with classic monsters. A mythological style minotaur with an actual bull's head, gnolls ... as long as they're still styled as monsters. Monster Girls, too, of course. It's mostly a face uncanny valley thing, I guess. Either very human with only some deviation (sharp canines, odd eyes...) or completely non human.

ah Got it didn't know that was a major issue for ya.

FionaM

Lothoris

So, how is the system modification coming along?

Lothoris

Umm pokes the others with a stick to see if they are alive.

eternaldarkness

Still alive, but I believe I am going to have to withdraw my offer to GM this one. I just don't have the time to do the setting of CoC justice, so I suppose the search for a GM begins anew. I'd be in as a player if someone else runs it as a system game though.

Ironwolf85

Lothoris

So... Anyone willing to pick up the mantel of GM?

Ironwolf85

I do not know, I'm not GM materal with my workload >.>

eBadger

My previous attempt to GM a game didn't end well, but I'd certainly be up for playing in one.  It's an amusing setting with lots of possibilities. 

Lothoris

I am thinking that this might work with besm tristat system (the lust attacks based on drain body,mind or soul with the no damage drawback, and probably tied to art of seduction ability).

If I had a co-dm I would be willing to give being the dm a shot.  I also propose that each player make a character and a notable npc that others can interact with. 

I was thinking each character start as human or mostly human from the "home world" of choice for back ground with 15 character points to spend,  4 point max for body mind and soul (adult human average), or you can have a stat be five at the cost of one of your other stats maxed at 2. So 4,4,4 super average Joe, body 2, mind 5, soul 4 for the sickly/bookish mage type.