New messages (1) ...is a lie...

Started by Haibane, June 27, 2010, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Its telling me, in my PMs inbox, only I don't have any. I've seen this glitch discussed on here before but can't for the life of me find the thread now, or recall how to fix it.

Help, anyone?

Trieste

It can often be fixed by someone sending you a PM (which I did). Also clearing cookies, restarting browser, etc.

Haibane

The message you sent seems to have cleared it up. Thanks.

iroleplayyaoi

I'm having the same problem with now and keep getting PMs, but it doesn't clear up. I deleted cookies and restarted my browser, but nothing is working. I have it telling me I have 3 new messages, but I don't. xD

Nevermind. I just deleted some of the PMs and it went away.

Haibane

Please can one of the lovely goddesses or succulent gods work their magic again please? I have 1 new pm it says while I don't. Thanks.

Remiel

This happened to me, once.  I think it had something to do with the setting "Display Personal Messages" from the Modify Profile >> Personal Messaging settings.   If you have Display Personal Messages set as a Conversation, you have to be careful about deleting PMs if the message board says you have any new or unread messages.

Haibane

I have my Display Personal Messages setting set to 'All at once'. I have in the past often deleted PMs when others are unread but only twice has this oddness happened. This case is actually different to the previous one as the notice at the top of the page that says "Hello Username, you have xxx messages, none of which are new' is saying exactly that - no new messages, yet when I open my inbox it says there that I have a new one, upper left above the Labels tab.

EDIT: Here's a pic. I hope it explains better.

Caeli

I have the same problem; I noted it here.

I'm assuming it's due in some part to the server move, but I could be wrong.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haibane

Aha. It's good that it's already been highlighted then. Thanks.

Juicy

Haha, I went through my entire PM box looking for this one mystery message...

:-\

Tachi

Happened to me too once! Veks fixed it for me. There was a message hiding somewhere that he found and brought to the forefront.

Chevalier des Poissons

-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Trieste

Yes. As far as we know, everyone on the forum has it, thank you. :)

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Revolverman