Interest Check/Recruitment Thread For A Star wars Saga edition game on Zeltros.

Started by Marie Reynolds, February 12, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

I once had a game where, when one of the PCs tried hitting on one of the Twi'lek NPCs, the Twi'lek stated a preference for droids.  I was playing a droid at the time, but he wasn't sexual at all and didn't understand a lot of human behavior.

While my droid was recharging, said Twi'lek snuck into the recharging closet with him.  The sister (PC) of said NPC ended up carving a notch on the door.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

tyr4n02r

"What are u doing w that drill socket! Don't attach that there! Where are you putting that!?!"
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

This was the same character who would follow another PC around as he went to the bar in order to pick up chicks, observing interactions.  He eventually got to telling said women in a complete deadpan voice, "You should totally have sex with him."
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Btw Andy, love the character ortrait! Looking forward to playing with a super cool Chiss Force User lady!
God's had his coffee, all's right in the world.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, relooking at how skills are used (mainly to pick my final one) I noticed how the rerolling makes more sense than "advantage/disadvantage" for SOME talents/feats. So its up to you guys on that.

Also, I don't think this was answered: If my INT MOD goes up (permanently, I suppose,) do I get another Skill Point and/or language?

Also, how much is knowledge (Tech) gonna be used? I REALLY want Acrobatics and Mechanics, but we DO have 2 others already with Mechanics. That still could leave Pilot open, though.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 18, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
Also, I don't think this was answered: If my INT MOD goes up (permanently, I suppose,) do I get another Skill Point and/or language?

Yes.

Denimgiant

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 18, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
Hmmm, relooking at how skills are used (mainly to pick my final one) I noticed how the rerolling makes more sense than "advantage/disadvantage" for SOME talents/feats. So its up to you guys on that.

Also, how much is knowledge (Tech) gonna be used? I REALLY want Acrobatics and Mechanics, but we DO have 2 others already with Mechanics. That still could leave Pilot open, though.

I think we're going with adv/disadv unless you suddenly say you don't want it.

Yes you do.

Don't take Mechanics, I also have Pilot so don't take that, feel free to take Acrobatics. As for Knowledge Tech, well, how tech savvy do you want to be?

Although, Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) is missing a trained skill. Scoundrels get 4+INT and she has a +3 modifier but only 6 trained skills. So she could take Pilot and I could take Treat Injury because apparently only nobles and soldiers know how to perform surgery.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Nope, totally cool with Advantage. Lets keep it. Makes my rolls better (and fair warning, I apparently called Dicebot's mother a TI-82, and its out for vengeance… I assure you, it will almost ALWAYS be better if someone else rolls…)

In terms of a techy: Well, not too much in terms of knowledge, but competent in weapons and repairs (lining up with "Functions and principles of technology" rather than a "gadget-googler." Hence mechanic, but yeah, two should cover it already.) Definitely go for the Treat Injury, it will be most useful, especially since its so exclusive…

IDK how much we are really going to use knowledge, but Tactics is covered (rightfully) but Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) could take knowledge (Tech) and I take Pilot and Acrobatics.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 19, 2016, 12:47:39 AM
IDK how much we are really going to use knowledge, but Tactics is covered (rightfully) but Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) could take knowledge (Tech) and I take Pilot and Acrobatics.

I porbably should take K. Tech.  I'll check what else I'm misisng. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

@Muse: I think you have your Dmg bonuses backwards on your sheet. Shouldn't your blaster be Dmg +3 instead of your gloves?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Hm? 

How would I get +3 blaster damage? 

I have 3d(6 I think) + 1/2 level. 

My gloves, on the other hand, have damage bonuses from: 
1/2 level. 
strength modifier. 
+1 from the combat gloves. 

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Okay So it looks like I just need to see some Backstories and we will be one step closer to kicking things off.  So where would you  guys like to see this game thread Non con what i would like to hear your thoughts.

tyr4n02r

Non Con sounds good to me. Backstory with char sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=716976

Need you to pick/create a Hutt and a supervisor. But besides that, good to go.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Alright Ill have something put together for the hut Hogo-Mod. So at least you have a name for the hutt.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Part of the issue that I'm going to have in this game is that I know so little of the expanded universe.  Fair warning there.

Currently toying with the ideas of Zabrak and Clawdite.  Both seem unusual enough to make interesting characters.  I may yet just go human though.

Denimgiant

Alright, backstory up. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=718981

Quote from: AndyZ on February 19, 2016, 01:49:50 PM
Part of the issue that I'm going to have in this game is that I know so little of the expanded universe.  Fair warning there.

Currently toying with the ideas of Zabrak and Clawdite.  Both seem unusual enough to make interesting characters.  I may yet just go human though.

Don't worry about it! If you need to read up on something, Wookiepedia is a great resource. Also, you can totally play a Chiss Force user, DM said so.

I have an F-list!

AndyZ

I know, but I found the Zeison Sha and suddenly that idea fell into place more, and probably as a Clawdite.

Sheet so far, WiP: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=723851

Edit: Hopefully it's cool to trade the free lightsaber and proficiency with lightsabers for discblade.

More Edit: If I can also get away with it, I'd like the Discblade to have the Neutronium Reinforcement upgrade from Scum and Villainy, and that'll eat almost the entirety of my credits.