News:

Main Menu

MBTI Personality Types

Started by Question Mark, October 27, 2012, 02:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maedalaane

I used to be a real big MBTI junkie. Was a frequent forum goer for a popular psychology forum and all that. I figured out the system of MBTI and was able to type myself without a test. Any sort of test has a mild-to-large margin of error and they always typed me wrong, usually as INFP. But, I am in fact ISFP. Interestingly, tests now peg me as ENTJ which is kinda-sorta right in actuality. ENTJ shares all the cognitive functions of ISFP, just reversed. For a test to say this, then, it implicates I have decently developed my auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior functions.

MBTI was a good tool to start me on the path to really figuring myself out, but even if you do figure the system out for yourself rather than take faulty tests, it's definitely not an end-all be-all tool. While it may be true that Humans fall into 16 archetypes, there is way more nuance involved.

Ozone0530

I flip between ISTP and INTJ. We've done the tests at work at various parts of my so-far 10-year career.

There are some problems with it. The funny thing about all these psych tests is that whatever you get, they make you sound special.

I don't like rules for the sake of rules, think a lot of things don't make sense should be ignored, but I'm not quite as theoretically-minded as most INTJ.

The daredevil part of ISTP may or may not be true  ^-^

Codexa

INTJ
Introvert(69%)  iNtuitive(22%)  Thinking(78%)  Judging(12%)
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (69%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (22%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (78%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (12%)

I've always ended up INTJ. 😛

AmberStarfire

The previous times I've taken MBTI tests I've got INTP. This time I got INTJ, but J was only by 1%.

INTJ
Introvert(31%)  iNtuitive(31%)  Thinking(9%)  Judging(1%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (31%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (31%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (9%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I guess maybe I'm just very close to midway between the two.

kasumine

ISFP here, though it is very very close to INFP (and I've gotten INFP a lot in previous attempts at the test).

• Introvert (81%)
  • Sensing (3%)
  • Feeling (66%)
  • Perceiving(56%)
I'm surprised to see a LOT of INTJs represented here! Or, at the same time, I probably don't know enough about INTJ. But you guys have encouraged me to research this!

A fun site to go to and look at descriptions is here! It gives a title to each type and explains them a bit. Looking at it now, it seems that INTJ is titled the "Architect" for their ability to develop strategies. Sounds a lot like a writer!

For me, I bounce between the "Adventurer" (ISFP) and the "Mediator" (INFP). Both types mention dreams of being an artist or an author, so it's quite funny that I'm here now. S/O to my fellow IxFPs~!

CuriousVagrant

I scored INTP, though most of my decisions change often, based on the context of each given situation, so tests like this are... not wrong, so much as they are too general.
Status: Life Sucks Sometimes. I'm here, but expect slow posting.
On/Off
Current Threads: New Horizons, Unexpected Love

solkar

INTP

Introvert(16%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Thinking(34%)  Perceiving(47%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (16%)
    You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (34%)
    You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (47%)

JanesAddiction

I've done similar tests before and INTP seems to be the consensus. A few if the questions kinda felt off. Like I don't read books so yeah I'd rather go to a party. But I guess that's the pitfalls of these kinds of tests... Still the result seems accurate:-)

INTP
Introvert(41%)  iNtuitive(31%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(12%)
Random PM's and questions welcome :D
Sorry 10/20/18      Updated O/o's 11/05/18

RampantDesires

INFJ

*gives Cassie the highest of fives*

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

AnaisdeLuxxx

I'm an INFP! All candycanes and unicorns and dark stormy, lightning-streaked nights.

Before I started using the MBTI, I mostly created characters who were just like me. So I find it a useful tool for trying to imagine the interior world of someone very different. <3

Remiel

INTJ here.  Someone should make this into a poll, so we can see what % of Elliquiyans fall under each type.

StoryDaddy

ENTP here.... extroverts represent?!?!?!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many introverts are lingering in the realms of the interwebs.... but I am kinda surprised. Learning so much here!

Velaris

INTJ..
Introvert(3%)  iNtuitive(9%)  Thinking(22%)  Judging(3%)
You have marginal or no preference of Introversion over Extraversion (3%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (9%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (22%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (3%)

deathspell

Wow, lots of INTJs in the house.

Here's mine  >:)
INTP
Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(19%)  Thinking(41%)  Perceiving(9%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (19%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (41%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

Hellooooo INTPs :)
The darkness had arranged itself into something that resembled intent.

Kaspider

INFJ here. Where are the INFJ rare gems? *looks*
I don't see the future. I don't worry about the past. Now's all I have.

Tilt

Oh boy, so I have FEELINGS about this test.

I'll preface them by saying that I test as an INFP. I've tested INFP without fail for years. I'm really familiar with this test and love putting my characters through it because it's an excellent tool for character creation.

But...

The problem with this test is it doesn't tell you what your personality is. The way it's set up, that's not possible. Even ignoring that this was created by people who weren't scientists or experts, based on an old theory no one sees as valid anymore, there's still a really big conceptual flaw. It's all self-reported.

The thing is, people aren't very good at recognizing how they'll act in fictional scenarios. That's why so many people think that if there's a shooting or fire, they'll be the heroes leading everyone out or saving the day. A lot of people sincerely believe that's how they'll react, but most people just don't.

The same as many people think that they can be the life of the party. Or, conversely, that they'll hole themselves up in a corner, when they may fit right in.

Just about every question in this test requires a high degree of introspection to answer accurately.

In most cases, the personality you get isn't really who you are. It's who you think you are. The MBTI test really just quantifies your own perception of self.

Ariamella

A lot of people say MBTI is absolutely meaningless, mostly because the results are self reported, and there's no way of getting objective answers unless you unknowingly had someone observing every moment of your life. Which is really creepy. I think a lot of people report what they want to be perceived as, rather than what they actually are. Everyone wants to be the "rarest" kind if personality, and even just skimming through these results, I see a lot of INFJ, ISTP, ISTJ, etc. Whether they're actually true or not is another matter.

It's also utterly ridiculous to assume people can be defined and fit into 16 types, as if our attitudes and life perceptions aren't fluid and changing.

That all being said, I test these days as ENFJ. When I was younger it was ESTP.

Here's an MBTI meme for y'all:

My name is Hope, but the "p" is silent on the weekends.
[tr][td]
Ons/Offs[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Female Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Male Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Picture Prompts[/td][/tr][/table]

Lovely Complex

I am an INFP-T to the nines and "The Mediator" is the personality type

Introverted: 73%
Intuitive: 57 %
Feeling: 57%
Prospecting: 61%
Turbulent: 79%

Lyron

Quote from: Lyron on May 24, 2013, 07:28:30 PM
INFP - Introverted 100% and Feeling 38%. I can't remember the percentages of the other two, but they were less than 20%.

INFJ

Introvert - 69%
Intuitive - 12%
Feeling - 19%
Judging - 1%

I decided to take another test because I was curious how greatly the results would differ.

INFP

Introvert - 90%
Intuitive - 52%
Feeling - 64%
Prospecting - 58%

Quote from: Ariamella on January 03, 2019, 10:31:37 PM
Everyone wants to be the "rarest" kind if personality, and even just skimming through these results, I see a lot of INFJ, ISTP, ISTJ, etc.

A site like E is probably more likely to attract introverts than extroverts. While it very well could be that the estimated demographics of the personality types are inaccurate, E is not likely parallel with the real world.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Sebile

INFJ(-T) both times, though different percentages with each test. These were from the last one:

Introvert - 71%
Intuitive - 62%
Feeling - 57%
Judging - 64%
Turbulent - 53%

Nico

ENFJ
Extravert(66%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(6%)  Judging(13%)
You have distinct preference of Extraversion over Introversion (66%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (6%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (13%)

This is, surprisingly so, rather accurate. :-)

savvi

I'm ENFP! It's been a while since I've taken the test though so I don't remember the percentages. My friend is super into meyers-briggs and can figure out people's types within a 30 minute conversation with scary accuracy. She got me within like 10 minutes before even I knew. I'm not entirely sure what that says about me.

cutesii

Hello there! I was recommended this thread. I love all things MBTI, especially the memes. I am an INFJ. I have been into the fascination of personality types for about 2 years now. Nice to meet you guys!  :-)

Z Kami

This was pretty interesting so I gave the test a shot!

INFJ
Introvert(41%)  iNtuitive(3%)  Feeling(34%)  Judging(12%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (41%)
You have marginal or no preference of Intuition over Sensing (3%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (34%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (12%)

Argyros

ISTJ

Introvert(94%)  Sensing(34%)  Thinking(66%)  Judging(84%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (94%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (34%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (66%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (84%)
< Status: Gone >