News:

Main Menu

Project Natal

Started by Sabby, June 09, 2009, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Project Natal for XBOX 360

While I see how everyone is calling this "Eyetoy for Xbox' I really have to disagree with them. That just looks incredible... the part where the kid roars to have his in game character 'fire his lazur' had me sold.

To rip it apart for the obvious simularities to camera controlled games before it is a little unfair in my opinion. The fact that its been done shouldn't matter, and people should encourage expanding older peripherals. Come on, that looks a lot more responsive and cool.

The amount of bashing I see it getting could be seen as yelling at Rockband, because 'Guitar Hero did it first'

Doomsday

Looks exciting, and even if Natal flops, you can still fall back on their excellent library. It's not like Microsoft is throwing out Gears of War, Call of Duty, Halo, Fallout, etc. when they're introducing this.

mannik

Yeah...its not an eye-toy for x-box. x-box alrady had one of those...it didn't work right. This one looks like it is actually a 3-D camera (I saw two lenses on it) and it has much better functionality than the eye-toy or x-box vision camera.

This is what you would call technological evolution. Yes, it is similar to the eye-toy, bit it is so much more advanced it isn't even funny.

Sabby

As a tech demo, this blew me away... never seen a character so realistic. The part where he looks guilty about his homework was just so real its not funny. Thats scary, man...

Project Natal: Meet Milo

Chevalier des Poissons

For those who don't know, 'Project Natal' refers to the creator of this project. He was born here in Brazil, in a city named Natal.

(Natal means 'Christmas', for those who are curious about. When I first read i though "wtf we are still in June")
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

HairyHeretic

You know that kind of ... entertainment ... will be made available  :D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Doomsday

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 13, 2009, 06:25:49 PM

You know that kind of ... entertainment ... will be made available  :D

Elliquiy goes XBOX?

HairyHeretic

A PoV video, the appropriate , erm, equipment ..

I can see it happening in the not too distant future.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.